Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Of course the power trip scoob comes along

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Not a suggestion, just an observation that we all should be able to agree on. Never before has POLITICS been interjected into the sports world than it has the last few years.

Barkley was right. Politicians want to divide us. Sports used to be an escape from the cesspool of politics. Now it is forced upon the sports-viewing public. It sucks.
    Kind of disagree in the sense that a lot of them want power and to keep power. The division of the people’s and to foster that division is a means for that power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    EXACTLY. We have much more important topics to discuss such as stadium cups, do picky people really pick Polks, and the aforementioned Josh Hatcher threads. Which btw, Hatcher is approaching Luke Alexander levels of message board topics.
    In a normal year this place would be breaking down and hungry for any news we could get on the spring practice. Or even discussing tonight's game or plotting up expected mstchups for this weekend. Discussing other mstchups for the weekend and what we need to root for to win the west or overall.

vCash
    I see both sides. I don?t think threads should be locked or people be banned unless they are making some sort of threat that is harmful to others on the board or something completely off the rail, but I do understand this is a sports board and we want threads to remain on topic. If people are getting their feelings hurt though over difference of opinion it?s time to grow up. On another note, I hope they move the regionals and super regionals to a blue state like PA. You all are spoiled and can see state play anytime you want. It would be nice to get to see a state sporting event live without having to drive 13 hours to Starkville from Pittsburgh

vCash
    Y'all should go follow Walt Harris. The guy has a lot of great views on sports and just life in general. He's really sharp and hits the nail on the head on a lot of issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Excuse me?
    Just dicking around. I'll clam up now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No worries man, no offense taken even if you were making fun of me I think... Just keep watching out for the tornadoes and your health and stay around...

vCash
    You're in rare form today!

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    In a normal year this place would be breaking down and hungry for any news we could get on the spring practice. Or even discussing tonight's game or plotting up expected mstchups for this weekend. Discussing other mstchups for the weekend and what we need to root for to win the west or overall.
    Maybe that’s why the political section should have never been removed. You could have moved that thread over there and end of discussion. We didn’t have as many political issues on the main page until that one was shut down. Just an observation
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Maybe that’s why the political section should have never been removed. You could have moved that thread over there and end of discussion. We didn’t have as many political issues on the main page until that one was shut down. Just an observation
    Was not my decision. But that never worked truly either. So many users don't click off the main board even if they had access to the other boards.
    And I disagree. This thread would have started on the main board anyways. In the past I.. Would have had to separate out the political parts to a new thread in politics... Because the original message.. Which pertains to msu is news and needed to stay...

People only went to other forums for one thing usually
    someone posted someone with clothes missing on a certain forum.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 04-13-2021 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    This is a sports board where we quibble on whether Hatcher needs to sit or not. This isn't a theological forum or a political forum. If you want to spout your political and other beliefs then take it to the POLITICAL forum!!!! Too add There used to be this Bar in Gulfport next to a church and behind a Waffle House, Most coastians know which one. The owner, SM, used to have a saying if to talk religion go over to the church, If you want to talk politics go over to the Waffle House. Both were bad for business.

Well that narrows it down to about 8 possible locations in Gulfport.

vCash
    Was not my decision. But that never worked truly either. So many users don't click off the main board even if they had access to the other boards.
    And I disagree. This thread would have started on the main board anyways. In the past I.. Would have had to separate out the political parts to a new thread in politics... Because the original message.. Which pertains to msu is news and needed to stay...

People only went to other forums for one thing usually
    someone posted someone with clothes missing on a certain forum.
    Correct that it would have started on the main board. But there were people who would at least click over to the political board to follow up on their posts, and maybe the conversation continued there rather than popping right back up on the main page. But even when it was accessible, basically zero people that would occasionally come over to the political board when a thread was moved every signed up or posted on sippolitics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Wow, a lot of people think they know scripture and especially Jesus. Does everyone realize that Jesus, that's right, the one who did not even bruise a reed according to scripture, OFFENDED the religious elites (the Pharisees and Sadducees) to the point they wanted to KILL him. On several occasions they picked up stones to kill him but he escaped through the crowd.

However, in the end they did kill him - at his appointed time (to our advantage of course).

Don't judge a poster just because you may be offended, take a step back and look at why you are offended and make sure your view does indeed line up with scripture.
    I rarely post here anymore but I logged in to say this: Are you serious with this shit? Are you really comparing the worst poster on this site to Jesus?
    Last edited by Bubb Rubb; 04-13-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I mostly disagree with locking threads and banning posters, but that thread needed to be locked. That thread was another example of how we just can't have nice things.

I'm really considering walking away from sports completely today. Sports is no longer a break from the garbage of the world. It has embraced the garbage.
    Sports has always been at the forefront of social issues. From the mob being in baseball during prohibition, to Jesse Owens basically giving Hitler the finger in Berlin, Jackie Robinson 42 and the dodgers, to Muhammad Ali and Vietnam, Jim Brown, to the diver that had AIDS in the 80s, to Title IX, to the Ping Pong diplomacy, to the NFL kneeling to protest police brutality, to our players marching against the flag this past summer. Sports people have a platform to effect social change. Leagues set the tone for how competition will take place and where it will take place.

I have zero issues with sports building up the NY teams after 9/11. Although I had initial issues with Kaep kneeling, once I saw what they were kneeling for I support them. We celebrate Robinson, Ali, Jim Brown, and Owens now, but I swear some of you would have been on the wrong side of that situation.

I am 100% in support of the NCAA doing what they need to do for our country to move to a 100% equal society beyond racism and prejudice, as we all should be.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Sports has always been at the forefront of social issues. From the mob being in baseball during prohibition, to Jesse Owens basically giving Hitler the finger in Berlin, Jackie Robinson 42 and the dodgers, to Muhammad Ali and Vietnam, Jim Brown, to the diver that had AIDS in the 80s, to Title IX, to the Ping Pong diplomacy, to the NFL kneeling to protest police brutality, to our players marching against the flag this past summer. Sports people have a platform to effect social change. Leagues set the tone for how competition will take place and where it will take place.

I have zero issues with sports building up the NY teams after 9/11. Although I had initial issues with Kaep kneeling, once I saw what they were kneeling for I support them. We celebrate Robinson, Ali, Jim Brown, and Owens now, but I swear some of you would have been on the wrong side of that situation.

I am 100% in support of the NCAA doing what they need to do for our country to move to a 100% equal society beyond racism and prejudice, as we all should be.
    Just asking for myself, so you're in favor of transgenders participating in women's sports? Seems to me that's being prejudiced against women as athletes and throws the hard work of more than half of a century in the garbage.

vCash

Something a lot of people need to think hard about.

vCash

I'm all for it as well, but is that even possible at this point?

So much of what we are taught is a form of prejudice, when it is not. Agenda and driving a narrative is at an all-time high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just asking for myself, so you're in favor of transgenders participating in women's sports? Seems to me that's being prejudiced against women as athletes and throws the hard work of more than half of a century in the garbage.
    I don't have a daughter, but if I did, and she lost a scholarship to a "female" that was born with the muscle structure (and other things) of a male, then I would be pissed and ready to make amends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I rarely post here anymore but I logged in to say this: Are you serious with this shit? Are you really comparing the worst poster on this site to Jesus?
    Not at all. What I am saying is just because someone offends you, by what they say, does not mean they are wrong (I used an illustration of Jesus and people that were convinced in their hearts that they were righteous - but they were not) to prove the point. The offending person could be right on target and your position with Christ and your understanding of scripture needs to be adjusted to get in alignment with the totality of scripture (some people like to quote one verse and think it is a universal law when in reality is is meant for a particular situation and not to be universally applied).

vCash
    It's hard for me to fathom biological men competing against biological women as equality.

vCash
    Ware protection.