Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Of course the power trip scoob comes along

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    One issue with your position here. Absolute truth has no expiration date. Moral laws are real and you have no moral law without a moral law giver. Gay marriage has a moral side and a legal side. Gay marriage is wrong and it doesn't benefit the people or society as a whole and brings judgment. You cheapen the real thing when you offer a counterfeit which is what that is. If you can't see this truth, answer one question. If it is so right then if everyone did it, where would society be? Easy answer - extinct.

Society has the wrong views because they look to the wrong sources for the answers. Just because something gets accepted doesn't make it right.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, if so I apologize for that but the facts remain for anyone else.
    The government recognizing same sex legal marriage didn't cheapen marriage. We had already accomplished that, with the support of a lot (a majority?) of Christians by allowing no fault divorces. The only place that sort of provides legal force to the spiritual concept of marriage is Mississippi, which has a divorce by consent but not at will divorce, or at least not at will divorce without the sham of establishing domicile in another state first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    The government recognizing same sex legal marriage didn't cheapen marriage. We had already accomplished that, with the support of a lot (a majority?) of Christians by allowing no fault divorces. The only place that sort of provides legal force to the spiritual concept of marriage is Mississippi, which has a divorce by consent but not at will divorce, or at least not at will divorce without the sham of establishing domicile in another state first.
    You are proving the point that any deviation away from the "moral law giver" causes humans problems. Marriage was intended, from the beginning by God, to be for life, but Moses allowed divorce due to the hardness of human hearts! Divorce for reasons other than infidelity is a sin. Also a gay life style is called an abomination in scripture - it is a sin but the worst kind of sin in God's eyes (read the book of Romans if you want to know more). A gay lifestyle used to be pushed out to the fringes of society but now they want to make it a center piece of society - something to be celebrated - but scripture also says it is a shame to even discuss the things they do must less promote it.

vCash
    if I call someone a name will that lock this thing up? .... asking for a friend
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I'm the friend he's asking for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    You are proving the point that any deviation away from the "moral law giver" causes humans problems. Marriage was intended, from the beginning by God, to be for life, but Moses allowed divorce due to the hardness of human hearts! Divorce for reasons other than infidelity is a sin. Also a gay life style is called an abomination in scripture - it is a sin but the worst kind of sin in God's eyes (read the book of Romans if you want to know more). A gay lifestyle used to be pushed out to the fringes of society but now they want to make it a center piece of society - something to be celebrated - but scripture also says it is a shame to even discuss the things they do must less promote it.
    I was trying to make the point that mixing up spiritual matters with the government doesn't purify the government, it corrupts the spiritual matters. There's going to be enough corruption in churches and spiritual communities without the involvement of government. It seems like a better approach might be to hold other christians accountable, and let the law be based primarily on utilitarian grounds, and try not to intermingle spiritual concepts with the government, as long as the government will enforce contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Please call me a libtard***

vCash
    I was trying to make the point that mixing up spiritual matters with the government doesn't purify the government, it corrupts the spiritual matters. There's going to be enough corruption in churches and spiritual communities without the involvement of government. It seems like a better approach might be to hold other christians accountable, and let the law be based primarily on utilitarian grounds, and try not to intermingle spiritual concepts with the government, as long as the government will enforce contracts.
    Hmm, If you want a government devoid of Christian principles, then Russia or China or North Korea come to mind. Somehow I don't think you would like those environment. Liberty under law was always rooted in biblical principles and is the basis for the US Constitution. Without the "moral law giver" (God) there is no liberty.

vCash
    I didn't say that was the only thing but gay marriage is another level of lower standards. I agree easy divorce also has cheapened marriage but even more importantly it may be the single biggest reason for culture and society breakdown. 50% of children come from single parent homes, part of the reason you see much of the lawlessness and disrespect today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Sports has always been at the forefront of social issues. From the mob being in baseball during prohibition, to Jesse Owens basically giving Hitler the finger in Berlin, Jackie Robinson 42 and the dodgers, to Muhammad Ali and Vietnam, Jim Brown, to the diver that had AIDS in the 80s, to Title IX, to the Ping Pong diplomacy, to the NFL kneeling to protest police brutality, to our players marching against the flag this past summer. Sports people have a platform to effect social change. Leagues set the tone for how competition will take place and where it will take place.

I have zero issues with sports building up the NY teams after 9/11. Although I had initial issues with Kaep kneeling, once I saw what they were kneeling for I support them. We celebrate Robinson, Ali, Jim Brown, and Owens now, but I swear some of you would have been on the wrong side of that situation.

I am 100% in support of the NCAA doing what they need to do for our country to move to a 100% equal society beyond racism and prejudice, as we all should be.
    If you want equality then NCAA should support men playing men sports and women playing women sports. Men and women are not the same. Equal in humanity but that is it. If they are equal then why don't we put the best women playing on NFL teams? They are not the same. There is nothing racist about this either. I've found those that scream racism are usually the biggest racist in the room.

vCash
    Tricky proposition. Here is the issue. Man is corrupt. People want to give the gov all this power but power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Our true freedoms come from a Higher Power as our founding documents say we are endowed by our Creator unalienable rights - life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. These do no come from government or man but from God. God has ordained gov as the institution to rule but His laws are to be the guiding moral law to rule by. Read the OT and you'll see many of our just original laws come from God.

As we abandon these moral laws you get lawlessness which is what you see all over our culture today. Law of the harvest - reap what you sow, reap more than you sow, reap later than you sow. It started 60-100 years ago in US and now we are reaping the results.

vCash
    Hmm, If you want a government devoid of Christian principles, then Russia or China or North Korea come to mind. Somehow I don't think you would like those environment. Liberty under law was always rooted in biblical principles and is the basis for the US Constitution. Without the "moral law giver" (God) there is no liberty.
    Nailed it.

If we are so bad then why are so many wanting to come here? No one is trying to break into China or Russia or North Korea; wonder why? I've been to Russia crossing the border many times. They have AK47 every 100 yards and triple row fence security to keep people in not people out. We are so ignorant in the US, I didn't really understand freedom until my first visit to Russia.

vCash
    Russia and China don't allow trannies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Russia and China don't allow trannies.
    so there is something good about those turds!

vCash
    Even the Lord parted the Red Sea.