Thread: Miss. State women's basketball adds two new assistant coaches

vCash

Miss. State women's basketball adds two new assistant coaches

Women's program added 2 top assistant coaches....
    - Tamisha Augustin- Arizona (made 2021 NCAA Final 4, national championship game)
    - Wesley Brooks- Michigan (made 2021 NCAA Tourney, Sweet 16)

(Note) Coach Augustin hired as Miss. State Recruiting Coordinator.

Coach Augustin coached at Arizona (2021 NCAA National Championship Runner-ups). Helped coach and develop Final 4 and national championship game sensation guard Aari McDonald at Arizona. Helped coach a highly noted Arizona defense. Also, she recruited, and helped coach Arizona center Lauren Ware.

Also, Michigan was an NCAA Tourney team this past seasn., lost a Sweet 16 overtime game (78-75) to #2 seed Baylor. Coach Wesley Brooks was a big key in this, other success.

Both coaches are homeruns
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-13-2021 at 03:07 AM.

vCash
    Well now I?m confused. I?ve been critical of her performance this season. However she has some very impressive transfers and was able to convince the lead recruiter of the national runner up to come as an assistant. Evidently she was the reason they got Vanderbilt transfer Koi Love.

vCash
    NMP had the worst possible season you could have. Seriously, I don't know how much more it could have been messed up.

***BUT***

She has had possibly the best offseason she could possibly have with who has transferred in and these coaching hires. I am intrigued.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    NMP had the worst possible season you could have. Seriously, I don't know how much more it could have been messed up. .
    I'm as critical of her as anyone for having the talent to be a 4 seed or better and missing the tournament, but it could have been so much worse. We didn't lose to any non-NCAA Tournament teams until the last 2 games of the season, and even those were to the #47 and #66 teams in NET.

To compare, our men's team lost 5 games to teams with a NET of #66 or worse, so NMP's first year definitely could have been worse.

vCash
    Wow... That's pretty damn impressive it seems from the bios.

Damn I hope she can turn it around next season...

vCash
    we have no choice-as Dogs, but to give her a chance. What She is doing is pretty impressive. Now if she can just Coach!

vCash
    To bring in these transfers and now these coaches says alot about her recruiting. If she can back it up with coaching we are going to be really good.. she won as a player at Tennesse, won in the WNBA and Olympics and was on Dawn Staleys staff and won as an assistant coach there before taking ODU. So she obviously knows something about the game, Hopefully she can put it all together next season