Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the Dude is not full compacity and Swayze is?

vCash

So the Dude is not full compacity and Swayze is?

Not sure and if so why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Not sure and if so why?
    We clearly aren't. And I don't know about them but their outfield isn't as full as normal. So in that regard I'd say we are the same. Except, we are turning in bogus attendance figures. For whatever reason. Ours have been low for almost every game, IMO.

vCash
    There are some rumors that it will be fully open this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    There are some rumors that it will be fully open this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it though.
    It was pretty open uk series. Way better than before

vCash
    They had 33K in two days. It was pretty damn full

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    They had 33K in two days. It was pretty damn full
    3 days - 33k in 2 games would have shattered our game records and it would be plastered all over everything - including the front page of the CL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    3 days - 33k in 2 games would have shattered our game records and it would be plastered all over everything - including the front page of the CL
    He didn’t say 33k in 2 games. He said 33k in 2 days. They played Saturday and Sunday. They played 3 games in 2 days. They didn’t play 3 days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    He didn’t say 33k in 2 games. He said 33k in 2 days. They played Saturday and Sunday. They played 3 games in 2 days. They didn’t play 3 days.
    Didn't realize they played a double on Saturday. It's still 3 games numbers - and each would be outside our top 15 games in attendance.

vCash
    Screw attendance numbers. It's been our crutch for years.

vCash
    Either way... we didn't build enough chairbacks.

vCash
    There just isn't as many State fans in close driving distance to Starkville as OM fans to Oxford. Tupelo... same distance for both. Memphis/Desoto County is a easy easy drive to Oxford. Starkville just doesn't have a large population center like desoto county to draw fans.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 04-12-2021 at 09:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    There just isn't as many State fans in close driving distance to Starkville as OM fans to Oxford. Tupelo... same distance for both. Memphis/Desoto County is a easy easy drive to Oxford. Starkville just doesn't have a large population center like desoto county to draw fans.
    Then explain why MSU owns all the attendance records?

Our stadium also holds 4 thousand more people than theirs.

We could have their crowds numbers wise and not look as full.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    Then explain why MSU owns all the attendance records?

Our stadium also holds 4 thousand more people than theirs.

We could have their crowds numbers wise and not look as full.
    I thought there wasn't as much potential capacity in the outfield with the reno, less ability to cram like sardines than before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    I thought there wasn't as much potential capacity in the outfield with the reno, less ability to cram like sardines than before.
    No one knows because I don't think we have fully tested the capacity yet. Seats wise we are about the same. LFL may be reduced within the boxes, but there is a ton of SRO space.
    The largest crowd I can find in the New Dude is the Saturday Stanford Super game - at 13,132. The Sunday game in that series was about 2000 less - but neither crowd seemed that crazy large.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Either way... we didn't build enough chairbacks.
    I see this argument a lot, but we built the chairbacks with the amount of season tickets that were reserved for the new stadium. And we left ourselves room to build more if demand ever got to that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I see this argument a lot, but we built the chairbacks with the amount of season tickets that were reserved for the new stadium. And we left ourselves room to build more if demand ever got to that point.
    Demand is there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Actually, we built it and hadn't sold ALL of the seats prior to construction. hundreds, in fact. Now it ended up that all were sold before we ever played a game in it. I'm not sure how many are on the waiting list, but its going to take more than just a few hundred for an expansion. I can't see that coming any time in the near future.

So I'm agreeing with you....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Demand is there.
    Indeed especially for the big weekends. Building a stadium for "current demand for season ticket holders" is mind-numbingly short sighted. We should have a venue that can support at least 18,000 fans between chairbacks, lounges, and SRO.

vCash
    It looks like more tickets will go on sale Wednesday at 1:00 pm

vCash
    We'll have somewhere between 10-12K there this weekend and we'll probably announce 8K. Which honestly doesn't matter to me. I could care less if they announced 1 or 100,000. The crowd will make a difference, whether they're reported or not. Some of our fans get WAY too hung up on attendance records that don't mean a damn thing. It's a novel thing that's cool, but I think we make way too big of a deal out of it. We've got the nicest stadium in college baseball, we don't have to try and pack 15,000 people in where no one can breathe just for atmosphere.