Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So the Dude is not full compacity and Swayze is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    Then explain why MSU owns all the attendance records?

Our stadium also holds 4 thousand more people than theirs.

We could have their crowds numbers wise and not look as full.
    You say Dude holds 4K more. But States average attendance is less than 100 more. Also State has a much richer tradition.

I referring to the Q why and comparing States last home series to theirs. But all that is beside the point.

State could have those numbers this weekend. We shall see if the liberal leaders allow it.

vCash
    Maybe it's just me but I could care less about who has the best attendance record. It's about winning, when they are winning they will come, same as when we win.

vCash
    Big difference from attendence and tickets sold. I'm sure we beat them in tickets sold. However until we expand we will only ever beat them on big weekend. As someone mentioned above, TSUN has a large fan base that is close to Oxford (Memphis). Also when businesses own a lot of ticket (which I'm grateful for because this sells tickets) there will always be less attendance on your average weekend because it's not coming out of their budget (feeling the need to go because you paid for it).
    This is why I wish they'd have made more spots for general admission if they really only made enough seats for who originally bought tickets. I was at the Stanford game and it was packed. I'm not really sure where else people could go and be able to watch the game.
    Hopefully we expand again and add more seats. If they don't sell it as season tickets (which I'm sure they will) all they have to do is like they are doing now each week with general admission and they'd sell. Just another way to make more money and have more people at regionals when they limit capacity to seats.

vCash
    They require less to fill their place than we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I could care less about who has the best attendance record. It's about winning, when they are winning they will come, same as when we win.
    We have done pretty good at both over the past decade... It's a great problem to complain about.
    in the past 9 full seasons (no 2020) we have played for a NC, finished third and 5th at Omaha (so 3 trips), 6 Super regional appearances, and 2 different teams with over 50 wins.

Winning brings the people.... and we will always be proud of our numbers.. and are no longer using them as a crutch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    We have done pretty good at both over the past decade... It's a great problem to complain about.
    in the past 9 full seasons (no 2020) we have played for a NC, finished third and 5th at Omaha (so 3 trips), 6 Super regional appearances, and 2 different teams with over 50 wins.

Winning brings the people.... and we will always be proud of our numbers.. and are no longer using them as a crutch.
    We are a baseball school, period! I remeber way back in the very early 70's, we played the use to be called Rebels, had a little over 9K (estimated), wooden bleachers that may have capacity for (less) than 1,000, Trucks and cars piled up in the newly invented left field lounge. Small pine trees in centerfield and rightfield area with thousands of maroon and white fans everywhere. Btw, enrollment was a little over 9K.
    Oh the Hump wasn't built yet, but that area was a huge Parking lot for moon light loving, LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    We are a baseball school, period! I remeber way back in the very early 70's, we played the use to be called Rebels, had a little over 9K (estimated), wooden bleachers that may have capacity for (less) than 1,000, Trucks and cars piled up in the newly invented left field lounge. Small pine trees in centerfield and rightfield area with thousands of maroon and white fans everywhere. Btw, enrollment was a little over 9K.
    Oh the Hump wasn't built yet, but that area was a huge Parking lot for moon light loving, LOL!
    When I went to the Texas games to start the year, had the opportunity to sit next to an older man who was a huge bulldog fan, and part of the original lfl. He said he was actually in school at Southern.. But his friends got him to bring his truck home one day and they loaded up half the apartment and took it out there. Showed me pictures.. Told me his life story. Meet his wife and daughter (a doctor up in tupelo I believe). They now have tickets his dad got for making a large donation years ago.. Somewhere behind home plate. Someday I will get back to campus and hope to see him again. Hate I forgot his name.

vCash
    I hope the school let's at least 10k in this weekend... Not because they did.. But because it's going to be a huge series and we need a loud rowdy crowd.

vCash
    Well I don't know if this is the same message as all year but. General admission tickets go on sale tomorrow at 1pm

Ole Miss series weekend games will have a max of 4 per game per account.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Well I don't know if this is the same message as all year but. General admission tickets go on sale tomorrow at 1pm

Ole Miss series weekend games will have a max of 4 per game per account.
    From what I heard attendance will be capped at 12K this weekend which is about 1K off the new Dude attendance record. 12K is plenty and it'll be rocking. We don't have to crutch ourselves with attendance numbers anymore. Put 12K in there let it get rowdy and I can promise you it'll be just as loud as it's ever been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    From what I heard attendance will be capped at 12K this weekend which is about 1K off the new Dude attendance record. 12K is plenty and it'll be rocking. We don't have to crutch ourselves with attendance numbers anymore. Put 12K in there let it get rowdy and I can promise you it'll be just as loud as it's ever been.
    That would be awesome. Looks like we had 12,343 vs Auburn in 2019. Current new stadium record is 13,132 vs stanford in the super regional in 19.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Actually, we built it and hadn't sold ALL of the seats prior to construction. hundreds, in fact. Now it ended up that all were sold before we ever played a game in it. I'm not sure how many are on the waiting list, but its going to take more than just a few hundred for an expansion. I can't see that coming any time in the near future.

So I'm agreeing with you....
    Yeah. The last season tickets weren't sold until a couple weeks before the first game, and the season ticket requests/deposits started 3 years before that. As far as the administration and stadium designers knew, designing 2,000 more chairbacks in the stadium than we have now would have resulted in 2,000 empty unsold seats, except for SBW Saturday and a Super Regional final.

And even now with two CWS in a row and a Top 5 ranking, seats go empty except SBW Saturday and a SR final, if it's on a weekend. If we're still Top 5 in May we still might not have more than 35,000 for the Missouri series.

I'm for expanding the stadium, selling more season tickets, and then making it easier for general admission ticket holders to sit in grandstand seats. Either hold out some chairbacks and/or let GA people sit in the chairbacks after 1 1/2 innings. I say we should let GA people right now sit in chairbacks after 1 1/2 innings, but if we expand you have to at least threaten to take that away or many fans won't buy season tickets because they won't have to to sit in chairbacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    They had 33K in two days. It was pretty damn full
    They had way too many empty seats in the grandstand to have over 11,000 there. They fudged their numbers. Style over substance as usual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    There are some rumors that it will be fully open this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it though.
    Well looking like no restrictions this weekend. Maybe I will end up seeing it to believe it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Yeah. The last season tickets weren't sold until a couple weeks before the first game, and the season ticket requests/deposits started 3 years before that. As far as the administration and stadium designers knew, designing 2,000 more chairbacks in the stadium than we have now would have resulted in 2,000 empty unsold seats, except for SBW Saturday and a Super Regional final.

And even now with two CWS in a row and a Top 5 ranking, seats go empty except SBW Saturday and a SR final, if it's on a weekend. If we're still Top 5 in May we still might not have more than 35,000 for the Missouri series.

I'm for expanding the stadium, selling more season tickets, and then making it easier for general admission ticket holders to sit in grandstand seats. Either hold out some chairbacks and/or let GA people sit in the chairbacks after 1 1/2 innings. I say we should let GA people right now sit in chairbacks after 1 1/2 innings, but if we expand you have to at least threaten to take that away or many fans won't buy season tickets because they won't have to to sit in chairbacks.
    I think eventually we'll go back to the rule from the Old Dude where GA could move to an empty grandstand seat after 4 innings. I'm pretty sure this rule applied for every game except Regionals and Supers. Right now there's no need to expand because as you stated outside of a regional/super regional final or SBW there's empty seats. I don't think the demand is there for 2-3K additional chairbacks at the moment because the university isn't going to build addt. grandstand seating to sell it as GA. I imagine they'd lose a good amt. of money doing that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think eventually we'll go back to the rule from the Old Dude where GA could move to an empty grandstand seat after 4 innings. I'm pretty sure this rule applied for every game except Regionals and Supers. Right now there's no need to expand because as you stated outside of a regional/super regional final or SBW there's empty seats. I don't think the demand is there for 2-3K additional chairbacks at the moment because the university isn't going to build addt. grandstand seating to sell it as GA. I imagine they'd lose a good amt. of money doing that.
    I agree, bigger isn't always the answer, also the weather isn't looking all that good right now. The Dude is just fine right now, Only time out of the year when it's over 10K is only a few times.

vCash
    Btw, looks like Sunday's game is a sellout!