Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPI update

vCash

RPI update

According to Warren Nolan, our RPI is up to #9.

OM dropped to #22 fwiw.

Our SOS is 16th. Their's is 40th.

A series win over them next week would go a LONG way towards us getting a national seed.

vCash
    Are the Super Regionals also up for bid or will they definitely be at a location of one of the teams playing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Are the Super Regionals also up for bid or will they definitely be at a location of one of the teams playing?
    I honestly have no clue.

All of this they're trying to do is confusing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    I think with the way they are doing it, only one super will be in Mississippi. It was good they lost 2 of 3 to Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think with the way they are doing it, only one super will be in Mississippi. It was good they lost 2 of 3 to Arkansas.
    We got swept by Arky. Head to head next weekend will decide who hosts.

vCash
    Lots of baseball to play yet. Sec is loaded and more balanced than I?ve ever remembered this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Lots of baseball to play yet. Sec is loaded and more balanced than I?ve ever remembered this year.
    Agreed. It’s the COVID waiver allowing the extra year, and the 5 round MLB draft. More talent then ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Agreed. It’s the COVID waiver allowing the extra year, and the 5 round MLB draft. More talent then ever.
    In juco too, it's loaded there. My kids playing at Jones and they've got 7 D1 transfers playing. Crazy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Only 20 rounds this time too I believe. College ball is the new minor leagues in many ways, especially after the cut in number of minor league levels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    There are two more weekends to play before regional selections. So no. Not in this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There are two more weekends to play before regional selections. So no. Not in this case.
    I thought the regional announcement is May 10? Are you saying they are going to finalize selections prior to April 29 but just not announce it until May 10?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I thought the regional announcement is May 10? Are you saying they are going to finalize selections prior to April 29 but just not announce it until May 10?
    Maybe i got bad info.... I was told end of April... I won't stand by that.... I'll see if I can follow up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Maybe i got bad info.... I was told end of April... I won't stand by that.... I'll see if I can follow up.
    My understanding is the 16 sites will be announced at end of April but seeding will happen in May.

So as long as we are top 16 and get chosen to host in April we have more time to work on getting a top 8 seed.
    Last edited by Dawghouse; 04-11-2021 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Correcting dates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawghouse View Post
    My understanding is the 16 sites will be announced at end of April but seeding will happen in May.

So as long as we are top 16 and get chosen to host in April we have more time to work on getting a top 8 seed.
    Kendall Rogers says the announcement for the 16 sites is May 10. But who knows. He didn't sound overly confident.

vCash
    I don't think they're choosing the regional sites based on who is top 16 at the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I don't think they're choosing the regional sites based on who is top 16 at the time.
    I'm not sure anybody really knows (even the NCAA), but supposedly it's going to be merit based as of the end of April but subject to convincing the NCAA that their COVID protocols are sufficient. Who knows whether they will pick regionals based on merit and then check bids to make sure COVID protocols are sufficient or if the COVID protocols/considerations will weigh heavily in the selection process.

A sane organization would just provide guidance on how they want COVID handled and then just get confirmation from the host teams that they would follow it, but of course that's not what we have in the NCAA. Just have to hope that the selection committee isn't full of lockdown aficionados that are looking to punish states that are more open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I'm not sure anybody really knows (even the NCAA), but supposedly it's going to be merit based as of the end of April but subject to convincing the NCAA that their COVID protocols are sufficient. Who knows whether they will pick regionals based on merit and then check bids to make sure COVID protocols are sufficient or if the COVID protocols/considerations will weigh heavily in the selection process.

A sane organization would just provide guidance on how they want COVID handled and then just get confirmation from the host teams that they would follow it, but of course that's not what we have in the NCAA. Just have to hope that the selection committee isn't full of lockdown aficionados that are looking to punish states that are more open.
    The NCAA will find a way to screw this up just like they do with everything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The NCAA will find a way to screw this up just like they do with everything else.
    100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Saying that, has anyone heard anything about rumblings from the NCAA that states with transgender bans could be barred from hosting events? Has ours gone into effect?
    Last edited by State82; 04-12-2021 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Saying that, has anyone heard anything about rumblings from the NCAA that states with transgender bans could be barred from hosting events?
    We told you all it would come to that.... and if it doesn't this year it will soon. Give an inch they take a light year.