Thread: Harding, Tullar, and Rokose vs Ole Miss

vCash

Harding, Tullar, and Rokose vs Ole Miss

I wonder if we don't start or use Harding for Long Relief next week. I don't lack faith in Fristoe, but I do like Harding in big moments. Plus, the Mississippi kid (Harding) knows how big the game is.

5 of the top 7 most productive hitters are Left Handed for OM. Plus the top-3 are Left.

Tullar is experience and seems perfect for long relief next week.

Rokose is not very experienced but he could be a marquee player next week.

vCash
    No offense but do you honestly think a team of SEC baseball players don?t know the importance of a series with Ole Miss who is a West division rival because some of the players we have aren?t from Mississippi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    No offense but do you honestly think a team of SEC baseball players don?t know the importance of a series with Ole Miss who is a West division rival because some of the players we have aren?t from Mississippi?
    No offense taken

I don't think it's a coincidence that Mangum and Luke Alexander were so good in these games. You don't have to be a MS kid, but seems to be part of our magic in these games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I wonder if we don't start or use Harding for Long Relief next week. I don't lack faith in Fristoe, but I do like Harding in big moments. Plus, the Mississippi kid (Harding) knows how big the game is.

5 of the top 7 most productive hitters are Left Handed for OM. Plus the top-3 are Left.

Two of our weekend starters in the 2019 series we swept them in were from Tennessee.

I'm a big fan of playing our most talented kids in our biggest games...

As far as Harding goes, he doesn't have weekend SEC stuff yet. That's partly why I wanted him to stay midweek. You don't find a ton of success with upper 80s FB and an ok breaking ball in SEC play.

It's why MacLeod struggles sometimes. That FB coming in at 88-90 at the belt isn't like the 91-93 MPH he had two years ago.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 04-11-2021 at 03:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

It's why MacLeod struggles sometimes. That FB coming in at 88-90 at the belt isn't like the 91-93 MPH he had two years ago.
    Location matters more than velo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Location matters more than velo.
    Oh for sure. But 88 at the belt with a nasty breaking ball and a good change up is a lot different than 93 at the belt with all of that.

vCash
    Today- Fristoe and the highly ranked Auburn freshmen were not great. All the better pedigree.

Harding gets people out and has the natural advantage versus the LH hitter.

vCash
    They weekend rotation is better than ours and they swing it better. The one advantage we have over them is our bullpen. So not sure how much we need to tinker there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    They weekend rotation is better than ours and they swing it better. The one advantage we have over them is our bullpen. So not sure how much we need to tinker there.
    And I would say that Lemonis is a few levels above Bianco as far as game management and decision making...

vCash
    Not sure I agree with their rotation being better. You make me take one pitcher between the two teams to pitch a win or go home game, I?m taking Will Bednar. And MacLeod has been every bit as good as Hoglund and Nikhazy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

Ole miss is hitting lhp better than rhp in league games. Just FYI.

vCash
    Diamonds numbers are not as good as I thought. Not good at all honestly. If we can split the first two, I feel decent about Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I was making some stats but there is a big problem with like comparison.

For example, LSU has 3 RHP starters and their best leftie is not even a top-10 best pitcher in the team. The L/R stats would not be so meaningful.

But MSU has true L/R quality. Harding is SEC starter quality. We have two top-End LHPs not just guys that happen to be left handed.

Looking at Arkansas, I think Wiklander and Lockhart is the closet comparison to MSU’s quality with LHP. Wick did well but Lockhart got wrecked but so did Wiggins and Kopps that were previously untouchable.

In a big series, I do want Harding to throw more than 10 pitches. Look how he put things under control at Auburn. I joke, but it seems there was an anomaly last week with something. Maybe the baseball or everybody is getting Arkansas bats.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 04-12-2021 at 11:21 PM.

vCash
    Temps were up with wind blowing out all over the southeast Sunday.

This upcoming weekend it is supposed to be in the 50s and 60s with the wind blowing in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Looking at just games with SEC and SEC quality

Gonzalez, Graham, and Dunhurst hit .571 vs LHP in general.

Wiklander (Ark), Barco (UF), and Green (TCU) did ok, the rest very badly.

The kid that blew the game for Alabama (Guffey) was a LHP

vCash
    Temps were up with wind blowing out all over the southeast Sunday.

This upcoming weekend it is supposed to be in the 50s and 60s with the wind blowing in.
    Current thoughts for friday night - BEAUTIFUL - cloudy around 60 at first pitch, down to mid 05's by end of the game with a small chance of a light shower. winds basically calm.
    Saturday - Mid 60s - cloudy - 5mph wind out of the nnw
    Sunday - Upper 60s - partly cloudy - same 5mph wind out of the nnw.

Should be some beautiful weather to watch the games... the wind will be blowing in a little but not a ton.