Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more Sunday Blacks?

vCash

No more Sunday Blacks?

vCash
    [tweet2]1381243261403209728[/tweet2]

THANK GOD.

The reason we kept wearing them was because we kept winning, but we've lost two straight while wearing them, so looks like they're no longer a thing.

The Maroon 85s on Fridays, the State script (cream at home, grey on the road) on Saturdays, and pinstripes (white at home, grey on the road) on Sundays is absolutely the way to go. No more beer league softball team!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    raciest***

vCash
    No team should ever wear black again in any sport unless we are honoring a legend that has passed in that sport.

vCash
    I love those gray pinstripe unis

vCash
    I don't care what they wear. Just win baby!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    raciest***
    ***raciest: the superlative adjective of racy, meaning (of speech, writing, or behavior) lively, entertaining, and typically mildly titillating sexually. Also, (of a person or thing) showing vigor or spirit.
    "a racy fiddle"
    (of a wine, flavor, etc.) having a characteristic quality in a high degree. So for that, I thank you. Remember... spelling is important! LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    ***raciest: the superlative adjective of racy, meaning (of speech, writing, or behavior) lively, entertaining, and typically mildly titillating sexually. Also, (of a person or thing) showing vigor or spirit.
    "a racy fiddle"
    (of a wine, flavor, etc.) having a characteristic quality in a high degree. So for that, I thank you. Remember... spelling is important! LOL
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^grammar police^^^^^^^ thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    No team should ever wear black again in any sport unless we are honoring a legend that has passed in that sport.
    How about throw back jerseys. Black and grey were the first colors worn by MSU baseball. Baseball was played for several years before maroon and white were our official colors.

vCash
    No, they were maroon and white, but there was no color TV back then so it just looked like black and gray.

I joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    Gotta get rid of the jorts - we're becoming a laughing stock with the media. Somebody needs to send them some pics of Texas A & M unis (NOT the all-maroon pinstripes); all pants over the knee with stirrups. THAT is the way the uniform was designed to be worn. No more pajama bottoms either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I love those gray pinstripe unis
    Me too. We have so many great looking uniforms, I never understood why we wore the Nickleblacks every Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    It was some MSU history book. We went to Maroon and white when the asked what color the football team wanted to wear. Prior to that the baseball team was wearing the black and grey jerseys.

vCash
    They'll wear the black unis at home on sundays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    They'll wear the black unis at home on sundays
    They wore them on Sunday at LSU and the announcers made fun of them.

vCash
    I miss the white pants, maroon jersey with the M of S on the left hand chest. Those things were damn good looking. They were Rooker era I believe...

vCash
    Apparently the Sunday blacks have been holding back our offense on Sunday all these years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They wore them on Sunday at LSU and the announcers made fun of them.
    Yeah I heard that, like they got any room to make fun of anyone with those Mardi gras unis they wear.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-11-2021 at 07:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Apparently the Sunday blacks have been holding back our offense on Sunday all these years.
    They have helped us win a few that we were not suppose to win. I believe a Super at Vandy.