Thread: Baseball Recruiting

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Baseball Recruiting

I really like Lemonis. One thing though, that I don?t keep up with much is baseball recruiting. I was wondering if anyone who keeps up with baseball recruiting could give some insight on how we have recruited the last couple of years and how we are looking moving forward recruiting wise. Thanks in advance guys!!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I really like Lemonis. One thing though, that I don?t keep up with much is baseball recruiting. I was wondering if anyone who keeps up with baseball recruiting could give some insight on how we have recruited the last couple of years and how we are looking moving forward recruiting wise. Thanks in advance guys!!
    He has recruited very well from what I understand. I think the 2023 class is really shaping up to be special. The things is, with how early baseball recruiting starts, 2023 and beyond is really where we will see his true classes where he was on an even playing field. Also give him huge credit for getting high level guys who have decommitted (Fristoe, Tepper, Slate Alford)

vCash
    Lemonis is an excellent recruiter. You are beginning to see his players this year.

Next years freshmen are big boys (Slate Alford). Big frames or solid frames. See for yourself. Hopefully we can get Maddox Bruns to school, Woods is a fake recruit Todd and many others really like Pico Konn

https://www.perfectgame.org/College/...1&college=1669

vCash
    just curious i saw that Sawyer Robertson is also a baseball recruit. is he that good a baseball player1

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    just curious i saw that Sawyer Robertson is also a baseball recruit. is he that good a baseball player1
    I didn’t know that. Interesting.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Brad Cumbest 2.0

vCash
    I think this class is strong on position players and OK on pitching talent. Bruns is the best prospect but I doubt he comes to MSU. Kohn, Jack Walker, and Taylor Montiel have all been good and are projectable and Kohn is the best of that group. Gray Bane is going to be a good catcher for us in time. Hunter Hines has had a big year, as has Aaron Downs, Cole Slater, and Trey Higgins. They're going to be corner INF/OF players. Hines is probably first base only though and Higgins is probably an outfielder only. Ince is a really good player and can play the MIF or CF. Jordan McCants we talked about yesterday and he is good enough to beat our Forsyth at SS and that's saying something because Forsyth is pretty good. Bryce Chance reminds me a little bit of Cody Brown.

Getting Von Seibert would help us a lot from Jones CC. He's a 1B/OF type. We'll see what that means for Kellum Clark and Kamren James if we get him.

I wish we had last years pitching class to go with this class. If we did it would be potentially the top class in America. I'm guessing it's a top 10 class easily.

vCash
    I saw Pico pitch in person last year against the school I was at. He's not going to overwhelm you with velocity but he's got pretty good command of what he does have.

He struck out 9 over 5 innings and the school I was at had a very solid chance to win state. We won the game 5-1 and he went head to head with our kid that went to Auburn.

Would love to see his FB velocity get to 90 consistently. But he's got really good stuff. Competes hard. And with redistricting this year they are going to make the playoffs. His first round matchup will be really tough.