Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hayes sisters transferring to Miss. State (Anastasia, Aislyn, Alasia)

vCash
    Anastasia Hayes (ESPN #7 overall class 2017, McDonald's All-American)
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-09-2021 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    You rarely see a coach come in and take over a very successful program and it picks off exactly where it was left. Yes it happens but not always right away. Again, give her a fair chance, if the results remain the same, she has to go. If any other program was bringing this talent in most fan bases would be pretty happy. Yes we lost alot with transfers, but she is bringing in an entire roster of ESPN top 100 girls who are all ranked 4 and 5 stars and some with proven NCAA experience to include a player who was 2nd in the nation in scoring at the collegiate level with 26.5 ppg.. regardless of how u feel, its something to have some excitement about. I'm rooting for her and the players.
    Flip side you hardly ever if ever see a coach come in , with 3 or 4 returning starters , 2 of which were ALL SEC And be this bad and at times not even competitive. Also in women’s hoops it is damn near impossible for this to happen..

I won’t hold my breath either way becaus again it’s womens hoops , but it’s just embarrassing
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 04-09-2021 at 04:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Mike Leach has 20 years of success as a head coach under his belt that buys him some benefit of the doubt. Plus, he took over a program whose culture had rotted after two years of Joe Moorhead's coaching. I see the exact same issues with the women's program that I saw with the football program under Joe Moorhead. There is a lack of discipline, preparation, and accountability that is clearly on the coach who wanted to be buddies with the players when she got here instead of being their coach. Her answer to the problems is to essentially give up control over the program to Arnett and Sherry Hayes. I mean, I still think Rickea is eventually going to leave via the portal, and she is the best, most talented player we have on the roster even with the addition of Anastasia and Jerkalia.

You can’t even have college football and women’s hoops in the same sentence. The same category. Hell even on the same planet..
    there is ZERO comparison of the 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Mike Leach has 20 years of success as a head coach under his belt that buys him some benefit of the doubt. Plus, he took over a program whose culture had rotted after two years of Joe Moorhead's coaching. I see the exact same issues with the women's program that I saw with the football program under Joe Moorhead. There is a lack of discipline, preparation, and accountability that is clearly on the coach who wanted to be buddies with the players when she got here instead of being their coach. Her answer to the problems is to essentially give up control over the program to Arnett and Sherry Hayes. I mean, I still think Rickea is eventually going to leave via the portal, and she is the best, most talented player we have on the roster even with the addition of Anastasia and Jerkalia.
    20 years of coaching experience doesn't buy you anything in the SEC, we both know it is a what have you done for me lately league. There is no point continuing to go back and forth about this. Either you support her and the girls or you don't. I choose to support. If she has a similar year this coming season or beyond then she has to go. But she just brought in some firepower to run the way she wants so I will give her a chance before writing her off. I hope Rickea stays also and I haven't heard anything about her leaving but if she leaves we look pretty good right now with the 3 Hayes sisters, Jerkalia, Jones, Myah and our incoming Freshman. We do need another big to go along with Carter and Kohl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    You can’t even have college football and women’s hoops in the same sentence. The same category. Hell even on the same planet..
    there is ZERO comparison of the 2.
    From a national point of view in terms of popularity, your correct. But from a competitive view it's all the same.. National powers run it yearly in both sports, good coaching and top recruits win championships. Women's basketball has Uconn, Baylor, Stanford, South Carolina and obviously more who are there in the thick of things yearly. College football has Bama, OSU, LSU, Oklahoma, Clemson etc. Obviously Women's basketball doesn't get National attention but the base is all the same. And it all starts with recruiting which Coach McCray is doing pretty good at right now.. the jury is still out on the coaching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    From a national point of view in terms of popularity, your correct. But from a competitive view it's all the same.. National powers run it yearly in both sports, good coaching and top recruits win championships. Women's basketball has Uconn, Baylor, Stanford, South Carolina and obviously more who are there in the thick of things yearly. College football has Bama, OSU, LSU, Oklahoma, Clemson etc. Obviously Women's basketball doesn't get National attention but the base is all the same. And it all starts with recruiting which Coach McCray is doing pretty good at right now.. the jury is still out on the coaching
    College football if different from every sport in college,, and it’s not close.. it’s just not even on the same planet as women’s hoops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Not only can Coach McCray-Penson turn things around next season, but she can litterally make a national championship run with a rotation of ultra talented guards. Possibly completely flip the script on narrative. Though, the team could defintely use some additional help in the frontcourt.
    What are you drinking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    College football if different from every sport in college,, and it’s not close.. it’s just not even on the same planet as women’s hoops.
    You said that already but in what terms are you talking about?? We all know College football is leaps and bounds ahead of Women's basketball in terms of popularity and revenue. So what are you comparing? At the end of the day college sports come down to recruiting #1, and coaching #2. Coach McCray is doing pretty good in the recruiting department. We are waiting to see about her coaching...I'm not sure what the point is you are trying to make.