Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hayes sisters transferring to Miss. State (Anastasia, Aislyn, Alasia)

vCash

Hayes sisters transferring to Miss. State (Anastasia, Aislyn, Alasia)

3 Hayes sisters transferring to Miss. State. 2 from Middle Tennesse State, and 1 from Notredame.

Anastasia Hayes, former McDonald's All-American and Naismith Finalist, led the nation (NCAA D1 Women's Basketball) in scoring for a while last season. She finished 2nd in the nation....26.5 points per game....5.4 rebounds, 5.1 assists. Including 42 points against UAB. Started her college career as a freshma at Tennesse..Also, she scored 26 points in the 2021 NCAA Tourney against her former team Tennesse. She's definitely one of the top guards in the country. Her sisters Aislyn and Alasia are very talented as well...also the youngest sister Acacia Hayes (in high school).
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-08-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    3 Hayes sisters transferring to Miss. State. 2 from Middle Tennesse State, and 1 from Notredame.

Anastasia Hayes, former McDonald's All-American and Naismith Finalist, led the nation (NCAA D1 Women's Basketball) in scoring for a while last season. She finished 2nd in the nation....26.5 points per game....5.4 rebounds, 5.1 assists. Including 42 points against UAB. Started her college career as a freshma at Tennesse..Also, she scored 26 points in the 2021NCAA Tourney against her former team Tennesse. She's definitely one of the top guards in the country. Her sister Aislyn and Alasia are very talented as well...also the youngest sister Acacia Hayes (in high school).
    Definitely some help
    No Signature

vCash
    I must admit I wasn't happy with how this year turned out but I you have to give Nikki credit, she brought in some talent with these 3 and the Tulane transfer who was a 5 star recruit herself. I've heard from a few people that there was chemistry issues with last year's team. If that's the case, Nikki is getting her players in now so we may see a big change come next year. I'll be rooting for them

vCash
    I’m like whoa, very interesting read on the three Hayes sisters.

vCash
    Great potential. But also a bit scary with potential with 3 sisters and 25% of your roster in 1 family of transfers. Dissension was a problem last year do the remaining players gel. Also it?s odd to add the dynamics of parents with this much discussion with staff. Are they laid back or do they get in the coaches ears if 1 or 2 of daughters don?t pan out? Also if we play all 3 consistently do others question if they should play.
    I love the adds but the dynamics are interesting after seeing the dissension in our team last year. NMP is basing her career with us on this decision. I like it but to say it?s not risky is shortsighted

vCash
    Where all these guards going to play?

vCash
    Well, I give her a lot of credit, she is doing all she can. I still don’t think she can coach, but I hope she proves me wrong.

vCash
    So at guard you know have: Taylor, Jones, Thompson, Godfrey, Moore, Shavers, Jordan and Hayes x 3. That?s 10 and you are gonna have a hard time playing more than 6.

Best guess is that Thompson, Moore and the other Hayes from MTSU don?t get much time. Then you?ll probably have Godfrey, Shavers, Jones and the Notre Dame Hayes battling for 3 spots.

I think we probably star Taylor, Jordan, Anastasia Hayes but I could see Taylor getting beat out and coming off the bench
    Last edited by Irondawg; 04-08-2021 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    No bigs = sucks

vCash
    The parents of these girls don?t have the best reputation. Anastasia was dismissed from her first high school team, and the parents filed a lawsuit claiming racism. It was dismissed. He then was apparently dismissed from Tennessee for multiple rules violations. The parents apparently complained a lot about playing time.

I have a feeling that the two younger sisters were taken to get Anastasia.

vCash
    The point I was trying to make. Great pick ups but at some point are we guaranteeing spots to 1 or 2 to get the others. Look let?s be real even in a family some are always more talented than the others. I hope they are all phenomenal but the thought has to be that 1-2 aren?t as talented. What are we willing to sacrifice to keep this family happy. Someone that remains has lost a spot. Are they ok and are their teammates that stuck around? I hope I?m wrong but there is potential for bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    So at guard you know have: Taylor, Jones, Thompson, Godfrey, Moore, Shavers, Jordan and Hayes x 3. That?s 10 and you are gonna have a hard time playing more than 6.

Best guess is that Thompson, Moore and the other Hayes from MTSU don?t get much time. Then you?ll probably have Godfrey, Shavers, Jones and the Notre Dame Hayes battling for 3 spots.

I think we probably star Taylor, Jordan, Anastasia Hayes but I could see Taylor getting beat out and coming off the bench
    Myah Taylor made a good bit of a scoring jump from the 2019-2020 season to this past season. Will need to continue to work hard, do her best...she's a very hard worker, and plays very hard. (Note) Coach McCray-Penson has mentioned in the past the importance of having good scoring/shooting point guards in her system, and Myah definitely improved her offense under this new coach, staff.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-09-2021 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    Screw this idiot coach. She is a joke and has RUINED a once proud program.

And add john & Nelle in this group too...

vCash
    Lack of bigs is concerning but at least she is bringing in talent. She has next year at least to show what she can actually do in games.

vCash
    Not sure if It's smart to have 3 sisters on the same team. Basketball fields a much smaller roster than the other 2 big sports so this could cause issues.

vCash
    Will all 3 even be eligible to play next season? We may not have to worry about the logjam at guard if not. I'm sure we will get a big added to this team also. Nikki has shown she is a pretty good recruiter

vCash
    One of the sisters was 2nd in the nation in scoring last year at over 26 ppg and they all 3 were highly recruited.. its hard to pass that up... and you win with Gaurd play. If we can add a transfer big onto this we will be a very good team on paper, Nikki will have to show whether she can coach or not, I personally hope she does good. She did turn ODU around... Im rooting for her

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    One of the sisters was 2nd in the nation in scoring last year at over 26 ppg and they all 3 were highly recruited.. its hard to pass that up... and you win with Gaurd play. If we can add a transfer big onto this we will be a very good team on paper, Nikki will have to show whether she can coach or not, I personally hope she does good. She did turn ODU around... Im rooting for her
    Did she really turn ODU around though. They were consistent 17 plus game winners under Karen Barefoot. Nikki comes in, and they immediately go from 17 wins to 8 wins and then back up to 22 wins.

vCash
    After further review, meh. If Coaches can't control the locker room, unless you are the NYY's back in the day, you can forget it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Did she really turn ODU around though. They were consistent 17 plus game winners under Karen Barefoot. Nikki comes in, and they immediately go from 17 wins to 8 wins and then back up to 22 wins.
    You may be right, who knows. Whatever the case we gave Mike Leach the benefit of the doubt because these weren't his players... other coaches have gotten it too. So I will give her a chance to win with her players before I write her off completely.. regardless bringing in these 3 girls along with Rickea, Carter and the Tulane transfer who was 5 star also, gives us a very talented team so Nikki will have an even shorter leash if she can't get things going next year