Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the ONE thing you're hoping to see from the Spring Football Game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Austin Williams having another break out spring game.
    Lol...Yes!

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    sdjklfjsdlkjf
    Football!!!
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This isn't a real scrimmage. It's a staged scrimmage. Lots of deep balls and things to excite the fans.
    Hard to imagine Mike Leach doing anything differently in his limited allotment of practice time for the sake of exciting the fans just because they happen to be present.

vCash
    I want to see the various QB's and see how the ball comes out of their hands. Quick decisions, quick releases, accuracy etc...

I want to see no drops by anyone, including the intercepting defenses. Good hands are important and if balls aren't dropped it changes games. (And not just from Austin Williams, we know he can be a spring hero)

I want to see the QB lead RB's and WR's with throws so they can keep moving and not right into a defender. I want the QB to have to throw some guys "open" because the defensive coverage is just that good at times and still get a completion.

There is a lot I can take away from a spring game about the passing offense and maybe even defensive coverage ability but not too much about the rushing offense/defense. Is it our Dline that's good or the OLine bad and vice versa. I simply can't tell much about line play until real games get here. Plus, our run game relies so much on the pre-snap reads by the QB. That won't happen until live games either.

But I still am wanting to see it all, having said all that:

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS NO INJURIES!

vCash
    The backup QBs becoming heroes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    sdjklfjsdlkjf
    Our OL block 3 guys long enough to complete passes without pressure.

vCash
    Mike leach on a wagon with band members....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Mike leach on a wagon with band members....
    Absolutely!

vCash
    Nikki MP as honorary captain.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I want to see the various QB's and see how the ball comes out of their hands. Quick decisions, quick releases, accuracy etc...

I want to see no drops by anyone, including the intercepting defenses. Good hands are important and if balls aren't dropped it changes games. (And not just from Austin Williams, we know he can be a spring hero)

I want to see the QB lead RB's and WR's with throws so they can keep moving and not right into a defender. I want the QB to have to throw some guys "open" because the defensive coverage is just that good at times and still get a completion.

There is a lot I can take away from a spring game about the passing offense and maybe even defensive coverage ability but not too much about the rushing offense/defense. Is it our Dline that's good or the OLine bad and vice versa. I simply can't tell much about line play until real games get here. Plus, our run game relies so much on the pre-snap reads by the QB. That won't happen until live games either.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. No injuries, no looks of confusion by QBs (WRs too), tight coverage only getting beat by great throws and catches, and no injuries.

Also, no injuries.

vCash
    No injuries

vCash
    Yep I agree with others, no injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    nothing it's a waste. I hope no one gets injured.
    I hope nobody gets injured but spring football is anything but a waste. The practice, especially for teams in transition like ours, is crucial. Not having spring ball last year was an immense blow to us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I hope nobody gets injured but spring football is anything but a waste. The practice, especially for teams in transition like ours, is crucial. Not having spring ball last year was an immense blow to us.
    Whoops, I thought the OP asked about spring PRACTICE. I agree about the spring game, it's useless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post

This would be a good day.