Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Lineup tonight vs. Southern

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So what you are saying is - in general pitching in the SEC is ahead of hitting, and that hitting right now is a good bit about who you have played so far. Outside of Vandy and OM no one looks like they are outstanding on offense right now.
    Season is young, but yeah. The hitters are getting owned. Compared to 2019.

In 2019, there were only 10 starters in the SEC hitting 200 and below after 30 games.

This year there are 40 starters in the SEC hitting 200 and below after 9 games.

LSU only got 12 hits on Vandy this past week. South Carolina got 12 hits total and one game was a No-Hitter. Mizzou got 15 hits on Vandy.

Seems the small ball and bunt is back in play if you can't platoon or find players willing to adjust.

vCash
    So what you are saying is - in general pitching in the SEC is ahead of hitting, and that hitting right now is a good bit about who you have played so far. Outside of Vandy and OM no one looks like they are outstanding on offense right now.
    I just wish it was SEC pitching that made us look bad at the plate. We had to go through about 5 guys at Southern before we started hitting them. SWAC guys will randomly have good games against the SEC but not 4-5 different pitchers shutting us down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I just wish it was SEC pitching that made us look bad at the plate. We had to go through about 5 guys at Southern before we started hitting them. SWAC guys will randomly have good games against the SEC but not 4-5 different pitchers shutting us down.
    We scored in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th. We got at least 1 hit off every pitcher they put in, and got walks off all but 1. We scored runs on 5 of their 7 pitchers. Did we jump all of them for big innings? No, just 2 of them. where we productive all night? I'd consider it a yes. Even against SWAC teams, we aren't going to blast them inning after inning. WE had productive innings. Took advantage of their mistakes, and had productive outs. Those things built to an eventual big couple of innings.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    We scored in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th. We got at least 1 hit off every pitcher they put in, and got walks off all but 1. We scored runs on 5 of their 7 pitchers. Did we jump all of them for big innings? No, just 2 of them. where we productive all night? I'd consider it a yes. Even against SWAC teams, we aren't going to blast them inning after inning. WE had productive innings. Took advantage of their mistakes, and had productive outs. Those things built to an eventual big couple of innings.
    True. And UM was tied 1-1 with Alcorn until bottom of the 6th, won 8-1. Vandy and UT Martin was back forth all night, Vandy took a 5-4 lead in the bottom of the 6th and neither team scored again. Sam Houston beat A&M last night after being down 5-1 after 2 innings. These were all staff pitching games for the weaker teams. Jacksonville beat 17 FSU. Portland beat 19 Oregon. Florida beat Stetson 7-6. USC Upstate beat 15 GA Tech
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 04-07-2021 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BrunswickDawg;1317599]We scored in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th. We got at least 1 hit off every pitcher they put in, and got walks off all but 1. We scored runs on 5 of their 7 pitchers. Did we jump all of them for big innings? No, just 2 of them. where we productive all night? I'd consider it a yes. Even against SWAC teams, we aren't going to blast them inning after inning. WE had productive innings. Took advantage of their mistakes, and had productive outs. Those things built to an eventual big couple of innings.[/QUOTE

It was the third inning before we even hit it out of the infield. We scored most of our runs before the sixth off of errors that SEC teams just don't do. Most of our hitters did not look good until late. Rowdy did look better though.

vCash
    Rowdy is waking up
    Skinner can play he just needs to be healthy
    Allen is solid
    James will perform
    Tanner and Hancock are who they are

We got to figure something out with the rest.

Again I ask- why not give Cumbest a whole weekend? He's damn near hitting .400 this season? He cant be worse than Hatcher.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Rowdy is waking up
    Skinner can play he just needs to be healthy
    Allen is solid
    James will perform
    Tanner and Hancock are who they are

We got to figure something out with the rest.

Again I ask- why not give Cumbest a whole weekend? He's damn near hitting .400 this season? He cant be worse than Hatcher.
    Or McDonald