Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring football news?

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Word is, from very reliable sources , that he only heard from leach one time during the recruiting cycle.
    After he was given the opportunity to shut it down and get fully committed.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    That may be the case but it does not change the fact he wasnt 100 with us. Leach doesnt do the recruiting drama we knew this when we hired him. Majority of recruiting drama kids dont pan out see Jarrian Jones
    +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta deal with some drama for certain guys. Could you imagine trying to win in the nfl without some bat shit crazy wrs? (Sorta playing, sorta not)
    Exactly. Certain ones. Comparing Bug Strong to 5 players mentioned is Apples to oranges. It’s a juco kid who will be good but nothing close to those mentioned.

Archimedes
    vCash
    That may be the case but it does not change the fact he wasnt 100 with us. Leach doesnt do the recruiting drama we knew this when we hired him. Majority of recruiting drama kids dont pan out see Jarrian Jones
    It also appears to the kids that you aren?t 100% in on them also.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    After he was given the opportunity to shut it down and get fully committed.
    No during the whole recruiting process. This one is 100% on Leach.

vCash
    And your negative point is ??

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    And your negative point is ??
    Recruiting is like dating/marriage, if you don?t keep showing affirmation someone then you stand a big chance of losing them.

vCash
    ouch that hurts.

vCash
    Recruiting is like dating/marriage, if you don?t keep showing affirmation someone then you stand a big chance of losing them.
    mullen liked to say it was like shaving. if you skip one day, you look like a bum.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    They will be the same caliber kids that have always come to state.
    Some of those guys were recruiting drama guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    QB - I don't see Abraham transferring out & he'll push Will but I believe Will starts.

WR - I don't expect Payton outside when everyone is healthy.

OL - I could see Lashley starting over Kam Jones but who do you have Nick Jones starting over?

LB - Brule is too valuable at WLB to move to MLB

CB - I still expect us to sign a CB out of the portal as the 3rd CB & Richardson can come along at a slower pace.

S - By opening day I expect Green, Peters, & Preston as the 3 starters. I expect Duncan to play a lot also & we'll see on everybody else.

PR - I could see Walley or Rufus
    Abraham is coming to start. I can't see him staying around if he doesn't. Which is why he is a walk-on that can earn a scholarship by winning the job.

Probably on Payton. Good to have someone with versatility though. We'll see a rotation of 8-10 receivers every game once Leach gets established.

I think Jones starts over Sharp.

Br?l?e is one of the best leaders on the team and Arnett has mentioned looking at him at MLB. He is good at Will but he is versatile and good enough to play both wherever he is needed.

We're talking about a third corner. So by nature Richardson is going to be brought along slowly anyway. Green can play corner as well. I don't think it's as big a need as some think. There is a lot of MSU fan see it to believe it with that position going on.

We have better depth at safety than people realize. Goes back to how healthy Morgan really is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Abraham is coming to start. I can't see him staying around if he doesn't. Which is why he is a walk-on that can earn a scholarship by winning the job.

Probably on Payton. Good to have someone with versatility though. We'll see a rotation of 8-10 receivers every game once Leach gets established.

Br?l?e is one of the best leaders on the team and Arnett has mentioned looking at him at MLB. He is good at Will but he is versatile and good enough to play both wherever he is needed.

We're talking about a third corner. So by nature Richardson is going to be brought along slowly anyway. Green can play corner as well. I don't think it's as big a need as some think. There is a lot of MSU fan see it to believe it with that position going on.

We have better depth at safety than people realize. Goes back to how healthy Morgan really is.
    We'll see but I don't see Abraham leaving.

Sharp has been arguably our best OL so far this spring. I don't see Nick Jones starting.

Brule isn't really physical enough to hold down the MLB & that makes 2 spots weaker moving him from WLB.

A 3rd CB is 100% needed. The fact we're going after every DB that hits the portal tells you the coaches think the same.

Preston & Duncan progress like they should we have 4 legit safeties. Morgan & Lawrence & Dean & Croft can provide depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Pretty sure Payton was only taking outside reps because Tulu and Ducking were a little banged up and held out. I'll be shocked if he plays inside and out during the season, barring more injuries, especially with 3 outside receivers joining in the summer.

I'll believe in Lashley when I see it. He's been in college for 100 years and never contributed. It's always something with him.
    Well, if by "always something" you mean he spent most of his career sitting behind better athletes at Alabama, and was injured last year, then yes, it's always been something with him. Now I don't expect him to be all SEC or anything, but I would not have been shocked if he started for us last year, and I won't be shocked if he starts for us this year. I am guessing he's either going to be a backup or a weak link starter for us.

vCash

Why would Abraham come to state if he was dead set on starting? I guess he could look to transfer to a DII school last second or something if it becomes clear he isn't going to be the starter sometime this summer? But it seems like if he wanted to start, he wouldn't have transferred to a P5 school with a returning starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Why would Abraham come to state if he was dead set on starting? I guess he could look to transfer to a DII school last second or something if it becomes clear he isn't going to be the starter sometime this summer? But it seems like if he wanted to start, he wouldn't have transferred to a P5 school with a returning starter.
    That's just how the portal culture is. If you're a player that is transferring the vast majority of the time you're going somewhere that you can start. Competitors think that they can win anything. And I'm sure Abraham feels like he is capable of beating out Rogers. Abraham is following the same blueprint as Gardner Minchew.

Archimedes
    vCash
    That's just how the portal culture is. If you're a player that is transferring the vast majority of the time you're going somewhere that you can start. Competitors think that they can win anything. And I'm sure Abraham feels like he is capable of beating out Rogers. Abraham is following the same blueprint as Gardner Minchew.
    He?s coming to learn Leach system to help his future coaching career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Chris Jones, Nakobe Dean, Cam Akers, Willie Gay, Raekwon Davis, & countless others disagree. Recruiting drama doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Just like there are plenty of no nonsense kids who can't play.
    I dont remember those kids committing and decommitting 3 or 4 times. I remember Willie Gay was ? committed? to OM at one point and maybe Davis. There is a difference

vCash

Abraham isnt starting hate to tell you. He came for Leach and Leach will always play the best one so in a way I guess youre right but he knew his chances of beating Will werent very good

vCash
    I dont remember those kids committing and decommitting 3 or 4 times. I remember Willie Gay was ? committed? to OM at one point and maybe Davis. There is a difference
    Multiple commitments isn't the only recruiting drama which is the phrase you used. Chris Jones only committed once & it was months before signing day but he may be the biggest recruiting drama in MSU history. If you want elite talent you're going to have to deal with the drama sometimes.

vCash
    One type of drama that absolutely has a relatively clear pattern of busting are specifically those who play OM's cutesy orchestrated flip game. That obviously wasn't the case for most of the names mentioned in the last few posts, though.