Thread: Yadi

vCash

Yadi

I know he?s one of the best at his position of all time defensively...he used to be one of my favorite guys to watch. But he is becoming one of/the biggest punks in the game. And he gets a free pass because of who he is.

Brian McCann caught hell for bowing up on Carlos Gomez while defending maholm yet yadi acts a classless ass in 19 LDS and is in the middle of scrum after scrum and not a word is said. In the incident today he literally runs thru an ump to get to castellanos but of course he?ll skate.

Also, Castellanos is an absolute tool.

vCash
    How is he a punk for defending his pitcher?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Because it is OK for him to do things that show up the other team but it isn?t OK if it is done to his team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    If you watch these situations without bias then it’s clear to see he’s a punk. Showalter even mentioned last nite that he seems to be in the middle of these type things a lot.

I’m old school when it comes to baseball and I appreciate guys taking up for one another but it can’t go both ways. You can’t throat slash and throw your bat at a 20 yr old as a clear sign of disrespect and then try to fight every time you feel your team is being disrespected.

Again, he’d take a lot more heat if his actions were the exact same but it was someone else.

vCash
    The opinion that Yadi was a problem in this fight is an overstatement. Saying he ran through an ump is biased. Yadi is awesome (my opinion) and I?ve got no problem with what he did. Again...Yadi is great! I?d definitely want him on my team.

vCash
    Every catcher in MLB would have handled that situation exactly the same as Yadi. Unless they just hate their pitcher I guess.

As far as "showing people up"- part of the game now. Don't like it- don't let the guy beat you. And don't be like that if you have a guy like Acuna doing the exact same thing. Gotta be able to take it if you're going to dish it.

vCash
    I don't care how much Yadi has been involved in crap before.

No catcher worth his salt in the majors let's a dude literally flex on his pitcher at home plate then yell at him like that. That gets defended by every catcher paying attention 100% of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Every catcher in MLB would have handled that situation exactly the same as Yadi. Unless they just hate their pitcher I guess.

As far as "showing people up"- part of the game now. Don't like it- don't let the guy beat you. And don't be like that if you have a guy like Acuna doing the exact same thing. Gotta be able to take it if you're going to dish it.
    I don’t like acuna’s shenanigans either. When you remove the cardinal red glasses it’s easy to see that your last statement applies to Molina more than anyone else in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I don’t like acuna’s shenanigans either. When you remove the cardinal red glasses it’s easy to see that your last statement applies to Molina more than anyone else in the league.
    Have you seen me complaining about anything another team has done to the Cardinals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Have you seen me complaining about anything another team has done to the Cardinals?
    That has never been my point. My point is that yadi gets away with his actions more than anyone because he is a future HOF.

You’re approaching this like I’m a cardinals hater, which isn’t the case. I’ve always respected them goin back to Ozzie smith and willie McGee. I have always enjoyed wainwright and used to enjoy watching yadi. But his antics are growing tiresome and I’ve lost respect for him.

ETA: I love a good brew-ha-ha and wish more policing the game by players was allowed. Nothing like a will Clark/Jose oquendo throwdown gets to go on and fester anymore and I like that part of the game.
    Last edited by shoeless joe; 04-04-2021 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    That has never been my point. My point is that yadi gets away with his actions more than anyone because he is a future HOF.

You’re approaching this like I’m a cardinals hater, which isn’t the case. I’ve always respected them goin back to Ozzie smith and willie McGee. I have always enjoyed wainwright and used to enjoy watching yadi. But his antics are growing tiresome and I’ve lost respect for him.

ETA: I love a good brew-ha-ha and wish more policing the game by players was allowed. Nothing like a will Clark/Jose oquendo throwdown gets to go on and fester anymore and I like that part of the game.
    I disagree. Catchers stick up for their pitchers literally every time a batter gets hit. When you catch for 18 years there are going to be some incidents. It's inevitable. The catcher is the closest position player to the other teams players more than any other player. Things get said. It's been going on forever.

The only reason McCann may have been criticized and I never had a problem with how he handled incidents personally was because that was when attitudes in the game were starting to change.

vCash
    So it's cool to drill a dude in the ribs with a 95mph heater but when he taunts back it's out of line. The pitcher looked like a clown.

As for Yadi, you are pretty much going to defend your guy 99% of the time in sports even when he looks like a bitch.