Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some baseball thoughts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'll also add..

8. It was nice to see us play a full series without those God awful black uniforms. I know it's because we didn't play on Sunday, but all three looks this week were solid. If we want to wear those pajamas, wear them in the midweek when no one is watching. Rant over.
    +1

vCash
    [QUOTE=BeardoMSU;1316946]Put down the crack pipe. Holy shit, lol.

Is it me or is this guy just a troll??

vCash
    [QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1316979]
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Put down the crack pipe. Holy shit, lol.

Is it me or is this guy just a troll??
    I believe you are correct, sir!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    1. A sweep is a sweep. I'll never be disappointed in an SEC series win....
    Great post. And just think of how close this could've been to a 1-2 weekend. Good teams find a way to win. I wish we could've taken one from Arkansas, but this was a great series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Great post. And just think of how close this could've been to a 1-2 weekend. Good teams find a way to win. I wish we could've taken one from Arkansas, but this was a great series.
    We were +1 on the sun balls and that was the difference.

vCash
    Yeah, take the sweep anyway we can get it because the next three weeks are going to be extremely tough. We go to Auburn, home to UM and then on the road to Vandy. That's a tough stretch for anybody.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    The problem with Hatcher is he is trying to pull the ball and is just rolling ove to second. he is at his best when going to left. Early this year he had 2 doubles to left. Oppo is the way to get out of his slump.

vCash
    I?ve been saying for 3 weeks that Hatcher needs to sit. He provides nothing defensively that we couldn?t get from Pimentel, Hancock, Allen, etc. The kid just isn?t seeing the ball well at all. It sucks, but it is what it is and unfortunately for him we?re not in the feelings business. We?re in the we need to win now business so he needs to be sitting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The kid just isn?t seeing the ball well at all.
    Multiple very hard line drives this weekend, just finding too many gloves. Watch the games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Multiple very hard line drives this weekend, just finding too many gloves. Watch the games
    He had more strike outs than good contact. He struck out exactly 1/3 of his AB’s this weekend with some bad AB’s. I watched every pitch. When you drop 74 points on your average since the start of SEC play and have the lowest OBP by far of any regular player (Clark is the only one lower I believe and he hadn’t played much at all)...sometimes time off from some starts is a good thing. Doesn’t have to be permanent but there has to be a change at some point because you can’t give some one 275 AB’s with a .200 average and he’s over a third of the way there.

vCash
    Hatcher is 2-24 with 2 RBIs and 6 Ks in his last 6 games. What game are you watching that you could possibly think he still needs to be in the lineup?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Hatcher is 2-24 with 2 RBIs and 6 Ks in his last 6 games. What game are you watching that you could possibly think he still needs to be in the lineup?
    Watch the damn games. He's one of the few that can get the ball to jump off the bat.

Yesterday here is Hatcher's AB's
    1st - ground ball up the middle to move the runner over. Did his job! You goons see that as "0-1"
    2nd - smokes a grounder right at the 1B. A couple feet either way and it's a hit.
    3rd - K. It happens
    4th - frozen rope liner to opposite field that gets caught.

All you morons see is "0-4 dang he sux". Watch the damn game.

vCash
    Watch the damn games. He's one of the few that can get the ball to jump off the bat.

1st - ground ball up the middle to move the runner over. Did his job! You goons see that as "0-1"
    2nd - smokes a grounder right at the 1B. A couple feet either way and it's a hit.
    3rd - K. It happens
    4th - frozen rope liner to opposite field that gets caught.

I've watched every inning of SEC ball. Go through his 5 AB's Friday night for us when he had the hat trick. It's not about yesterday's 0-4. It's his 4/35 in SEC play and batting .200 thats the problem. Hell- he was hitting .259 OOC so it wasnt like he was killing it before SEC play got going. He is only player on the team that has had 5 or more AB's that has an OBP less than .300

2/9 vs E. Michigan
    2/9 vs Kent State
    2/12 vs Tulane

6/30 in those 3 series- which is what he is hitting now- .200
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I've watched every inning of SEC ball. Go through his 5 AB's Friday night for us when he had the hat trick. It's not about yesterday's 0-4. It's his 4/35 in SEC play and batting .200 thats the problem. Hell- he was hitting .259 OOC so it wasnt like he was killing it before SEC play got going. He is only player on the team that has had 5 or more AB's that has an OBP less than .300

2/9 vs E. Michigan
    2/9 vs Kent State
    2/12 vs Tulane

6/30 in those 3 series- which is what he is hitting now- .200
    This is exactly why he needs to grab some pine for a few games.

vCash
    The "Josh Hatcher Fried Crow Tour" begins Tuesday night. Bring your own plates, forks, and knives.

vCash
    What he does Tuesday against the SWAC matters not. It's all about Fri/Sat/Sun
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What he does Tuesday against the SWAC matters not. It's all about Fri/Sat/Sun
    The tour is not a one show event.

vCash

1st - ground ball up the middle to move the runner over. Did his job! You goons see that as "0-1" It was a 2-1 count and he chased a ball low and away well off the plate when he need something to pull to move the runner over. He got that pitch at 2-0 and barely got a piece to foul it off. That was the one and he missed it, again. He did enough to do a job when he flicked his wrist at the last minute but that could have easily been a pop out to short. Which could have lead to Tanner doubled up and losing that run. SS was playing right up the middle. He would have been better off by far going with the pitch and hitting it through that big hole with the shift they had on. But the result you are pimping is from a horrible AB. It was a terrible AB with a workable outcome. That’s using a lucky result from a piss poor example of an AB and a terrible swing
    2nd - smokes a grounder right at the 1B. A couple feet either way and it's a hit. Yeah it was hit hard but a dead pull. It was an easy play for the 1st baseman and with that ball location with his swing it was was going to be a ground ball to either going to first or foul. The 1st baseman was on the line and he hit it straight to him.
    3rd - K. It happens
    4th - frozen rope liner to opposite field that gets caught.Was his best swing by far and great contact. On time and took the pitch where he needed. No question. Happening basically 2-3 times this series doesn’t overcome the 85% of his AB’s that were not good and haven’t been good for a while now. But that was good contact

You are trying too hard. Again, not saying permanently bench, I’m saying he needs to get right and benching him at this point is the best option if we can at all possible.

ETA. He is hitting .114 in SEC play and there are only 2 qualifying players with a lower average. Only 2. Don’t want to wait for him to be dead last before making changes.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 04-04-2021 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You are trying too hard. Again, not saying permanently bench, I’m saying he needs to get right and benching him at this point is the best option if we can at all possible.
    Lemonis waits way too long to bench someone. Even worse we have options like Pimentel, Hancock, Allen, Kellum Clark, and Kace Garner off the top of my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Lemonis waits way too long to bench someone. Even worse we have options like Pimentel, Hancock, Allen, Kellum Clark, and Kace Garner off the top of my head.
    Cumbest as well if we move Allen back to first