Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dawgs vs Cats - Game 3 thread

vCash
    Well a sweep is a sweep

vCash
    Stinnett has lost his release point- bailed out by a dodgy call

Yeah but no swing

vCash
    Nail biter to the end, ump says, it's time to go home.

vCash
    Whew. I'm glad to get the sweep, but we played about as poorly as you could while still being able to get three wins. This team is still a long way away.

vCash
    wow, bad call. I'll take it. Sweep. One more sweep and we will be back on track of winning 2 out of every 3.

vCash
    Ooh, I'd be pissed if that was us, lol. I'll take the ump's grace though. Huge sweep.

vCash
    He broke the plane. That was absolutely a swing. Ump got it right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    He broke the plane. That was absolutely a swing. Ump got it right.
    It was close enough were I'd still be pissed, though lol.

vCash
    Oh I'd be pissed too, but he got it right...barely.

vCash
    18 pitches by Sims this weekend. We have got to manage our pitching better
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I was thinking this too. Absolutely inexcusable that our best pitcher only throws 18 pitches in 2 innings over the course of three games. He's a weapon. Use him.

vCash
    Harding - 2 batters, about 3 pitches

This is a top-5 pitcher for us

vCash
    Absolutely. A weapon like that can't sit on the shelf 2 out of 3 games. Inexcusable.

vCash
    Absolutely. He only pitched 2 innings against LSU and 2 against UK.

He is too dominant to only pitch 2 innings in a weekend...

vCash
    I'm throwing him 2 innings every Friday and Sunday

vCash
    I agree that Sims needs to pitch more. But too many folks want to pitch McLeod, Fristoe, Bednar, Sims, Brandon Smith, and Harding only. We’ve got to get some of these guys opportunities. We will need them late in the year. We have to continue to develop this bullpen. Too much talent in it. Having said that, Sims is electric and has to be in high leverage situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I agree that Sims needs to pitch more. But too many folks want to pitch McLeod, Fristoe, Bednar, Sims, Brandon Smith, and Harding only. We’ve got to get some of these guys opportunities. We will need them late in the year. We have to continue to develop this bullpen. Too much talent in it. Having said that, Sims is electric and has to be in high leverage situations.
    Oh, agree about developing the pen, but you do that in the mid week, or up big in SEC games....when you've got the chance to take a series or take the sweep, that's always a moment for using your best guns.

vCash
    I'm throwing him 2 innings every Friday and Sunday
    Yeah, but there was no need to pitch him this Friday (Thursday). At least he got 2 high leverage innings this series unlike vs Arkansas.

Use him in a high leverage situation Friday or Saturady. If not, use him as an opener on Sundays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yeah, but there was no need to pitch him this Friday (Thursday). At least he got 2 high leverage innings this series unlike vs Arkansas.

Use him in a high leverage situation Friday or Saturady. If not, use him as an opener on Sundays.
    Fristoe is our Sunday guy. He's earned it and will be a good Friday guy next year.

Sims should have closed today- not Stinnett. His balls were sweating today out there and he was missing badly at times. He's solid and needs to pitch- but he isnt a closer. Sims is a Closer. Ridiculous to chance it after he only threw 18 pitches last night. I did like the way we matched up in the 8th- but chancing it like we did in the 9th was very risky

vCash
    Fristoe is our Sunday guy. He's earned it and will be a good Friday guy next year.

Sims should have closed today- not Stinnett. His balls were sweating today out there and he was missing badly at times. He's solid and needs to pitch- but he isnt a closer. Sims is a Closer. Ridiculous to chance it after he only threw 18 pitches last night. I did like the way we matched up in the 8th- but chancing it like we did in the 9th was very risky
    Agree to disagree. I think Stinnett has closer written all over him. He does need to improve his control a little.

Also, Sims was throwing 96 consistently in his first inning yesterday. In the 2nd inning it dropped down to 91-92. Lowest velo I've seen from him all year. I'm sure that's something the staff was considering.

Fristoe is still the Sunday guy. I really like Fristoe. But you use an opener like Sims and then turn it over to Fristoe. It's a relatively new, but very solid strategy. Fristoe showed vs LSU he can pitch good coming out of the pen. So Sims 2-3 innings and then Fristoe 5-6. That's only in cases where Sims doesn't see the mound Friday or Saturday. I expect those instances to be rare.