Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: All Star Game out of Atlanta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    What am I discussing? 2020 election stuff.
    Show me where I'm BSing.
    Your response is all I need
    You argue about a law that only thing you know about is what MSNBC or CNN say. I asked your issue with the law and you can't answer typical lib rebuttal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Your response is all I need
    You argue about a law that only thing you know about is what MSNBC or CNN say. I asked your issue with the law and you can't answer typical lib rebuttal.
    WTF you talking about? My first 2 posts in this thread discuss (some) issues with the law, as does another poster's. Pretty clear. The rest of my posts have been exclusively directed at the big lie of a stolen 2020 election.

Its not my fault you can't follow along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Isn't the stadium actually in Marietta?
    Yes - Marietta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    EXCELLENT POSTS!!!!

This is EXACTLY the issue at hand! I find it funny that a Republican SofS stood up to Trump and said no nefarious actions occurred, yet the MAGA folks keep drinking the kool-aid.

I'd rep. you both, but I have to spread it around.
    I'm a fan of Brad Raffensberger (SOS) and Gabriel Sterling (his chief elections official), as well as our LT. Gov Geoff Duncan - all three have stood up for the law. And, as a Democrat Georgia voter, both Raff and Duncan have won my support in the next election. Believe it or not, I became a fan of former Governor Nathan Deal - as he continually stood up against things like this bill and understood what was in the best interest of the people and not a party.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    For the Dems on the board, do you think MLB or any other sports leagues shoplifting get involved in politics?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    For the Dems on the board, do you think MLB or any other sports leagues shoplifting get involved in politics?
    Well, since the Supreme Court determined that corporations are afforded the same rights as people (money=speech), it's their right. You can't court their support thru political donations and then get all pissy when they disagree with you.

vCash
    Well, sports have been political for ages, but yes, I agree that this move by MLB is dumb, and it just hurts the people of Georgia (several Dem politicians have already expressed their displeasure with the idea of a Georgia boycott for that very reason). The NBA being woke regarding America, but totally turning a blind eye to China is also horrible. The NFL essentially allowing rape and abuse go buy as long as you can play the game, too. But in the end, these are private companies, and they can chose to do what they want.

vCash
    I wouldn't do it if I were the commissioner, because wherever they move the All-Star Game to is going to have some bad laws on the books too and make the MLB look hypocritical.

It would be one thing if the Braves or the stadium had sponsored and lobbied for the law, but otherwise you're punishing the wrong people here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm a fan of Brad Raffensberger (SOS) and Gabriel Sterling (his chief elections official), as well as our LT. Gov Geoff Duncan - all three have stood up for the law. And, as a Democrat Georgia voter, both Raff and Duncan have won my support in the next election. Believe it or not, I became a fan of former Governor Nathan Deal - as he continually stood up against things like this bill and understood what was in the best interest of the people and not a party.
    Feel the exact same!

Not sure I understand your question, but if it brings awareness to the general public - I'm all for it. It spawned a discussion on here of all places. Quarantine happened because the NBA shut things down. You aren't going to separate politics and sports at this point in our society.

Also, money talks. Let the state lose enough revenue and changes will occur.

vCash
    Not a Dem, but everything is political. You can choose to not participate, but that's why you conservatives lose all the time on everything for decades. Keep running on your "Durr business good gubmit bad cut taxes moar" though as your civilization crumbles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I wouldn't do it if I were the commissioner, because wherever they move the All-Star Game to is going to have some bad laws on the books too and make the MLB look hypocritical.

It would be one thing if the Braves or the stadium had sponsored and lobbied for the law, but otherwise you're punishing the wrong people here.
    This we agree on 100 %

vCash

They'll probably move it to NY where the governor has a couple scandals going, but it won't matter bc it's a blue state.

vCash

Agree. They won't find a "pure" state, just like the wokes won't, and the Republicans who cry "RINO" about everyone who isn't in lock step in their party won't. It's constant circular firing squad.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    This we agree on 100 %
    What?s the difference between this and people
    Protesting football because maybe 10 people a game kneeled during the national anthem?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    What?s the difference between this and people
    Protesting football because maybe 10 people a game kneeled during the national anthem?
    Did the nfl move a game over that?

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Did the nfl move a game over that?
    Nope but I?m this discussion the NFL would be the state of GA and MLB would be the people boycotting watching football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Stop listening to Sidney Powell.
    Doesn't matter who said it. Requiring voter ID is not voter suppression. You can't do hardly anything without ID. Been doing it my whole life.

Yes people are illegal voting and it favors one side. The one party system is what the left wants. Obvious as anything. When will folks wake up. I guess too many are woke up.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Doesn't matter who said it. Requiring voter ID is not voter suppression. You can't do hardly anything without ID. Been doing it my whole life.

Yes people are illegal voting and it favors one side. The one party system is what the left wants. Obvious as anything. When will folks wake up. I guess too many are woke up.
    I?m a moderate republican man and this law in GA doesn?t require a id. People need to understand that. If it did we wouldn?t be having this conversation.

vCash
    I?m a moderate republican man and this law in GA doesn?t require a id. People need to understand that. If it did we wouldn?t be having this conversation.
    It does to vote absentee

vCash
    Exactly - Georgia has had voter ID for over a decade. the ID/SS # requirement for absentee is not a bad idea - I thought was a a flaw in the GA voter ID for years. They also did some good in lengthening early voting. But, the law blatantly creates some openings for abuse by the State Elections Board, made runoff absentee and early voting more difficult by shortening timeframes, and created a huge window for chaos with the clause allowing voters to challenge validity of another persons vote without proof.