Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All Star Game out of Atlanta

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

All Star Game out of Atlanta

MLB moves game out of Atlanta due to new voting law

vCash
    81 regular season games (and hopefully some playoff games) ok though. Mlb hypocrite much?

vCash
    Just in case you didn't already know, we live in ClownWorld

vCash
    Just a joke. MLB can play a game in communist Cuba, but requiring an ID to vote is just too much to ignore I guess.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Just a joke. MLB can play a game in communist Cuba, but requiring an ID to vote is just too much to ignore I guess.
    But the law doesn?t require a id. It replaces a signature that matches the file to either dl number, state issued id number or last 4 of social.

vCash
    They want a situation in which there will never be another GOP winner in a major office.

Mass Mail-in ballots with no verification. Dead people voting. Machines that are easily hacked.
    They are brazen as hell about it, and they don't care that it's fraudulent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    They want a situation in which there will never be another GOP winner in a major office.

Mass Mail-in ballots with no verification. Dead people voting. Machines that are easily hacked.
    They are brazen as hell about it, and they don't care that it's fraudulent.
    Stop listening to Sidney Powell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Stop listening to Sidney Powell.
    Sindney "no reasonable person would believe what I say" Powell??? Kraken my ass

vCash
    MLB is just reacting to the Jim Crow headlines and Twitter trolls and not the actual contents of the law (some of which aren?t the best probably but a far cry from Jim Crow).

Same song, different verse

vCash
    Mob rules in today?s society.

vCash
    No problem playing in states with late term abortion or puberty blockers to children.

vCash
    Most of it is minutia. The primary issues are the changes to the State Election Board. First, it removes the Secretary of State as the Chair and replaces him with an appointee of the Legislature. It can be argued this violates the State Constitution, as the Constitution gives the SOS the power of oversight of elections. Second, it gives that Elections Board the power to declare that a county elections board is derelict in their duties and can allow that counties votes to be thrown out. Which, if you follow Georgia politics, you know that this opens a window for partisan accusations to overturn local control and will be a tool for shenanigans (regardless of party). As I tell my non-Georgia friends - all you need to know about Georgia politics can be learned by reading about the Yazoo Land Frauds.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    They want a situation in which there will never be another GOP winner in a major office. .
    As if that matters...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    First, it removes the Secretary of State as the Chair and replaces him with an appointee of the Legislature.
    And this is just a petty move of punishment for not violating his oath of office. The grift continues. Good job, guys.

vCash
    Deleted
    Last edited by Saltydog; 04-02-2021 at 06:20 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Why sports leagues wade into politics is beyond stupid.

vCash
    And, ironically, it hurts the blue city of Atlanta.

vCash
    I'm sure it's possible to tally the thousands of dollars in economic costs to blacks in Atlanta not having the game there anymore. I'm glad they are making the move though, more opportunities to highlight the fact that big business isn't your friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Why sports leagues wade into politics is beyond stupid.
    Everything is politics. "Leave me alone" conservatives - this is why you lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    And this is just a petty move of punishment for not violating his oath of office. The grift continues. Good job, guys.
    Here's one better - Section 16 of the law allows any individual the ability to challenge the validity of the vote of an unlimited number of people within their district with no proof of malfeasance - just an accusation after the fact. So you will see more of the "dead voter" malarkey come up as an attempt to nullify votes. FYI - every "dead voter" allegation that was made by the Kraken crew in Georgia was proven wrong