Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It?s time for GoTro to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We had the highest avg in the league in 2019
    When you think the Earth is 6000 years old, every year equates to 1 Billion years to normal humans, so to him, 2019 was literally lifetimes ago. It's kinda like dog years vs human years. Don't blame him; it's not his fault**

vCash
    I mean it's not like no one on this board was saying that offense wouldn't be an issue.

We have upperclassmen that are mostly contact oriented hitters who have a history of being streaky and most of our power hitters are basically freshmen.

There is no Mangum, Rooker, etc. to carry the offense.

And as I said we are also in the middle of transitioning how we build our team.

vCash
    I knew hitting would struggle this year but maybe not this bad.

But while we are piling on coaches who the hell coaches our fielding? That is who needs to be on the hot seat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Too soon?? He?s been here 4 years. This is Mississippi state. When have we been in the top half of the league hitting under GoTro? A track record of success??? Where???
    He?s been one of the best pieces MSU has added post Cohen. Our hitting under Cohen was always atrocious playing too much small ball. The one good thing Cann did was bring him in. Our hitting improved big time from what it was. It?s just a down year but we still hit better than we used to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post

But while we are piling on coaches who the hell coaches our fielding? That is who needs to be on the hot seat.
    Yeah. That's been a big issue lately and I have no idea why. And it's seniors that are having the issue. And those guys have played the outfield before. It's like no one communicates out there.

And it's like Rowdey is some sacred cow. He could be hitting below the Mendoza Line and dropping fly balls left and right and yet he is never ever pulled from the lineup.

vCash
    Rowdey is a career .300 hitter. He is a sacred cow for this team
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Rowdey currently has a higher OBP than Kamren James. Some of you people just like to post nonsense to see words by your name. Bench Rowdey? What a stupid ass thing to say.
    Last edited by Rex54; 04-03-2021 at 06:07 AM.

vCash
    We desperately need to get hitters on campus. Preferably guys from out of state.

vCash
    Good lord people, Rowdy is 8 for 18 in the last 5 games, all SEC opponents. Nobody in their right mind pulls someone hitting .444 with a HR and Double in his last 5 games and complain about our piss poor offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I’ve never met a more negative preacher in my life!

Bet your sermons are a joy
    Fire and brimstone I?m sure....

vCash

Going into SEC play, our numbers on offense were better in almost every metric than last year - AVG, Hits, HR OPS, OBP, SB were up and Ks were down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Going into SEC play, our numbers on offense were better in almost every metric than last year - AVG, Hits, HR OPS, OBP, SB were up and Ks were down
    So weve been bad on offense the last 2 years?

vCash
    So weve been bad on offense the last 2 years?
    To me it shows how some are blowing things out of proportion. As others have pointed out - over the past decade for some reason MSU has started out slow offensively and gotten better through SEC play. It looks that way again - Rowdey being a good example already since he struggled to bat .200 in OOC and is 8 for 18 in SEC games.

vCash
    Winning > Batting Averages

vCash
    To me it shows how some are blowing things out of proportion. As others have pointed out - over the past decade for some reason MSU has started out slow offensively and gotten better through SEC play. It looks that way again - Rowdey being a good example already since he struggled to bat .200 in OOC and is 8 for 18 in SEC games.
    I gotcha. Our fielding is the dumbfounding thing to me.

vCash
    To me it shows how some are blowing things out of proportion .
    Too many shrill catladies with knee jerk opinions

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    When you think the Earth is 6000 years old, every year equates to 1 Billion years to normal humans, so to him, 2019 was literally lifetimes ago. It's kinda like dog years vs human years. Don't blame him; it's not his fault**
    Umm, I don’t think the earth is 6000 years old. Nice try though.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Hitting is almost impossible to really coach, so I'm not going to blame the hitting coach much. Hitting coaches are hired to be fired. Be a pitching coach if you want a long career.

What I will criticize, however, is that we seem to either recruit a 1st round caliber hitters that will never sniff campus and the replace them with left handed bad hitters. It's lazy in many ways because 1st rounders are easy to spot. It takes time and patience to find the right fit.

In our evaluation process, we've got to get better and finding the 3rd-5th round HS position player that will end up in school and we can develop into a 1st rounder.

We did that with Westburg, Foscue, and Rooker but we've signed too many Blaze Jordan's, Austin Hendricks, James Woods types and missed out on the 3rd-5th rounder due to that.

Our evaluation process needs to be refined

vCash
    Shotgun nailed it on position players
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Umm, I don’t think the earth is 6000 years old. Nice try though.
    I was joking, Preach.