Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It?s time for GoTro to go

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

It?s time for GoTro to go

I?ve never seen more regression in hitters. Rowdy, Hatcher, and virtually everyone else we have are much poorer hitters now than they were when they got here. It?s not possible for a top 10 program with the best facilities in college baseball to be this inept at the plate. He?s a scout. He?s not a freaking hitting coach.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Ok

vCash
    3 things...
    1. I'm certainly disappointed in our offense so far.
    2. It is too early to say these hitters have regressed. Still lots of baseball to be played.
    3. It wasn't too long ago that we all prayed Gautreau wouldn't leave.

ETA... and we showed a good sign last night imo with much more lift on the ball. Maybe we about to get going some.

ETA part 2... since when did I start defending the coaches? Haha
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-02-2021 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    3 things...
    2. It is too early to say these hitters have regressed. Still lots of baseball to be played.

ETA... and we showed a good sign last night imo with much more lift on the ball. Maybe we about to get going some.

Because Gautreau has a track record of success. The majority of the quality baseball posters here said offense was going to be an issue this year - and it has been our weakest aspect.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Too early to say he needs to go! Hell maybe they aren't good enough hitters, it happens all the time.

vCash
    I thought Lemonis is pretty involved with hitting too?

vCash
    I’ve never met a more negative preacher in my life!

Bet your sermons are a joy

vCash
    Firing Gautreau would be a mistake. We're recruiting better hitters by the way- with more power.

vCash
    Um no.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Too soon?? He’s been here 4 years. This is Mississippi state. When have we been in the top half of the league hitting under GoTro? A track record of success??? Where???
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Too soon?? He’s been here 4 years. This is Mississippi state. When have we been in the top half of the league hitting under GoTro? A track record of success??? Where???
    I will say it is too soon. I personally think it’s a mistake to fire him on April 2 during the middle of an SEC series. I think a change, if needed, should occur after the season. If you wait until the season is over, you will have the entire 2021 season to use in the evaluation of him. So yes, it’s too soon to make that decision now.

vCash
    Too soon?? He?s been here 4 years. This is Mississippi state. When have we been in the top half of the league hitting under GoTro? A track record of success??? Where???
    Do you remember the year we went to the college World Series? Oh wait... two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    3 things...

Kentucky's tram ERA is lower than ours which tells me if we can win this series we are improving.

vCash
    I'll tell you what's too soon... you starting another thread with the same topic 6 days ago apart! Why not just resurrect that one?

Do you recycle sermons that fast?

GoTro isn't going anywhere. Our players need to learn plate discipline and the hitting will improve. He can't tell them when and when not to swing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    I'll tell you what's too soon... you starting another thread with the same topic 6 days ago apart! Why not just resurrect that one?

Do you recycle sermons that fast?

GoTro isn't going anywhere. Our players need to learn plate discipline and the hitting will improve. He can't tell them when and when not to swing.
    How dare you question an established baseball savant, lol.

vCash
    We had the highest avg in the league in 2019

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We had the highest avg in the league in 2019
    "Some men you just can't reach."
    - Captain

vCash
    Well in 2019 we led the conference in batting average. So there's that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I will say it is too soon. I personally think it’s a mistake to fire him on April 2 during the middle of an SEC series. I think a change, if needed, should occur after the season. If you wait until the season is over, you will have the entire 2021 season to use in the evaluation of him. So yes, it’s too soon to make that decision now.
    Maybe just maybe, you should see what he's done recruiting and hitting wise and go from there. We put more money in scholarships in pitching. As we should. Go tro as the op put it is a huge asset. But not shocked he doesn't know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Well in 2019 we led the conference in batting average. So there's that.
    But but but you'd ruin a bad post....