Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac Jones at #3?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I definitely don't think it's just misdirection, partly because, what is there to gain from misdirection at 3?

But Mac Jones' pro day is also Alabama's pro day, so they could also have both gone simply because it's the single most effective and efficient day to see a ton of pro prospects at once. And Jones apparently didn't perform extremely well, so the fact that they both saw it in-person could actually hurt his chances.
    I don't know unless there has been some discussion about the Jets being open to trading down and so the 49er's don't want somebody to give the Jets a godfather offer to get Fields or Lance, who they're really after?

You're right it doesn't make a lot of sense, but I just can't make sense of the move at all. Who do they see as being worth two first round draft picks compared to what would be available at number 12??? Seems crazy to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Atlanta and Carolina moving up to #2 would absolutely cost them their 1st this year and next year
    For that trade I'd jump on it and be in the playoffs in 2022.

vCash
    Buffalo was 6-10 his rookie year, and Allen had a 67.9 passer rating. SF can't suck like that next year if they trade away 2 future 1sts with a team built to win now.
    The 9ers went 6-10, it's not like it's Super Bowl or bust for them. And if it is, it likely doesn't matter who they take at 3, they're not leading them there year 1.

Look where the Bills and Allen are now 2 years later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I don't know unless there has been some discussion about the Jets being open to trading down and so the 49er's don't want somebody to give the Jets a godfather offer to get Fields or Lance, who they're really after?

You're right it doesn't make a lot of sense, but I just can't make sense of the move at all. Who do they see as being worth two first round draft picks compared to what would be available at number 12??? Seems crazy to me.
    They obviously value 1 or 2 of the QBs much higher than you do.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Did the 49ers trade up to take Mac Jones at #3? 3 1st round pics for Jones? Shanahan and lynch seem to be good at their job, but boy, I question this. FWIW, I think jones is a 1st rounder, but late 1st.
    Every year teams take these quarterbacks from blue blood programs that start for 3 years on junior varsity PlayStation mode and every 3 years the same teams wonder why they have to take a quarterback in the first round again