Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leach speaking to UM law class

vCash

Leach speaking to UM law class

with Kiffin as a moderator. I'd pay money to see this.

[tweet2]1377392468006592512[/tweet2]

vCash
    20 bucks Lane goads Mike into saying something stupid to sabotage him.**

vCash
    Don't talk to the police

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    20 bucks Lane goads Mike into saying something stupid to sabotage him.**
    He would not want to risk us having to fire him to replace him with someone better**

vCash
    Wow, maybe State can get Lane Kiffin to speak at StaggerIn on the art of picking up chicks at a bar.***

vCash
    Ya know, it's all cute and shit that Lane and Mike are all buddy buddy, but if the Landsharts come into StarkVegas in late November and beat us, the Pirate will need to set sail for a different location.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Don't talk to the police
    Never talk to the police. Regardless of the situation. Always have a lawyer present. Always.
    Everything you say, Can and WILL be used against you in a court of law. It doesn't say can and may, it says WILL.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Never talk to the police. Regardless of the situation. Always have a lawyer present. Always.
    Everything you say, Can and WILL be used against you in a court of law. It doesn't say can and may, it says WILL.
    Miranda only applies to when someone is in custody and being questioned though. Before that comes into first amendment rights. I have no problem talking to an officer when I know 100% I did nothing illegal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Ya know, it's all cute and shit that Lane and Mike are all buddy buddy, but if the Landsharts come into StarkVegas in late November and beat us, the Pirate will need to set sail for a different location.
    Lolz. Well even if the scenario you laid out in November happened, he ain't going nowhere.

Fire 2 coaches after 2 years each. Not happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    I have no problem talking to an officer when I know 100% I did nothing illegal.
    Then you are a fool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    Miranda only applies to when someone is in custody and being questioned though. Before that comes into first amendment rights. I have no problem talking to an officer when I know 100% I did nothing illegal.
    Ho boy. Spoken like somebody that wants to go to jail even though they didn't do anything illegal.

That might be ok for state or local cop, but for your sake, never, ever talk to federal agents without talking to a lawyer first. Even if they claim they are just asking you for info for someone or something else they are investigating that doesn't involve you as a suspect, don't talk to them. They could be lying to you(which they are allowed to do) but if you just accidently mix up some dates from a year before they will use it to ruin your life if they feel like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Ho boy. Spoken like somebody that wants to go to jail even though they didn't do anything illegal.

That might be ok for state or local cop, but for your sake, never, ever talk to federal agents without talking to a lawyer first. Even if they claim they are just asking you for info for someone or something else they are investigating that doesn't involve you as a suspect, don't talk to them. They could be lying to you(which they are allowed to do) but if you just accidently mix up some dates from a year before they will use it to ruin your life if they feel like it.
    I'll give you not only a realistic situation, but one that's true. One day a few years ago, there was a knock on my door. It was an FBI agent, and he showed proper identification. His purpose was to ask me a few questions about my neighbor, who was being vetted for a security clearance with a defense contractor. Are you saying I should have turned the guy away and told him to come back because I wanted a lawyer? That would have been a stupid thing to do, in my opinion. It would only have sounded suspicions. Obviously, I invited him in and answered his questions. The same thing has happened to friends of mine when I was being investigated for a clearance.

Under other circumstances, knowing I had done nothing wrong, I would also talk to an agent.

vCash
    I see nothing wrong with the two coaches liking each other and getting along well. I think we have to remember that to them, coaching is first and foremost a job, and they're not necessarily dyed-in-the-wool fans of the university.

vCash
    That's Joey Freshwater, not Lane Kiffin......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I'll give you not only a realistic situation, but one that's true. One day a few years ago, there was a knock on my door. It was an FBI agent, and he showed proper identification. His purpose was to ask me a few questions about my neighbor, who was being vetted for a security clearance with a defense contractor. Are you saying I should have turned the guy away and told him to come back because I wanted a lawyer? That would have been a stupid thing to do, in my opinion. It would only have sounded suspicions. Obviously, I invited him in and answered his questions. The same thing has happened to friends of mine when I was being investigated for a clearance.

Under other circumstances, knowing I had done nothing wrong, I would also talk to an agent.
    Ok boomer.

vCash

vCash
    I definitely agree that this Egg Bowl is big for Leach and MSU. Nothing builds good will like beating Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post

Yes, to be smart, you should have turned him away. You gained nothing but put yourself at risk of financially ruinous prosecution if not jail. Realistically, that's a pretty low probability event if they are claiming it's a background check for a neighbor, but why risk a catastrophic result for nothing.

Also, while they may not have an interest in being ethical just because they want to do the right thing, maybe if being unethical impeded their operations, they would try to be ethical more often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yes, to be smart, you should have turned him away. You gained nothing but put yourself at risk of financially ruinous prosecution if not jail. Realistically, that's a pretty low probability event if they are claiming it's a background check for a neighbor, but why risk a catastrophic result for nothing.

Also, while they may not have an interest in being ethical just because they want to do the right thing, maybe if being unethical impeded their operations, they would try to be ethical more often.

So tell the full story.... what did you do? Be an ass and lie to them? And it backfired on you. That's my guess.

vCash
    Yall, there quite a few MSU grads in law school at oxford