Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D Smith transferring

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Beginning to really hate this transfer portal. All it seems to do is hurt us.
    May want to let this situation play out 1st.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Selfishly, I don?t like the portal. I like following players for several years and watching the team grow. Just old school I guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Don't you tease me haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Best news all day
    If you're in the market for a buzzkill, head over to Twitter.**

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Selfishly, I don?t like the portal. I like following players for several years and watching the team grow. Just old school I guess
    The "portal" is new but MSU gaining & losing basketball players to transfer is a 20yr endeavor. Robert Jackson, Lawrence Roberts, Shane Power, Delk twins, Hansbrough, Osby, Hood the list goes on & on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    17 17 17 17 17!!!!!!

This is a huge blow for us. It forces DJ to be the backup next year if he returns. This puts us up a creek when Molinar leaves.
    You probably didn't realize but DJ was the PG the last 1/3 of the season. and probably was going to be next year as well.

vCash
    The "portal" is new but MSU gaining & losing basketball players to transfer is a 20yr endeavor. Robert Jackson, Lawrence Roberts, Shane Power, Delk twins, Hansbrough, Osby, Hood the list goes on & on.
    Transfer portal just made is too easy to jump ship.

vCash
    Sounds like there?s a plan in place and wheels in motion & this is just a byproduct of it and a step in that plan coming into place.... interested to see what comes of this.

vCash
    Wow. Losing the only true ball handler. That hurts.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    Did the portal really even change things much besides taking the athletes' transfer process online?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    You probably didn't realize but DJ was the PG the last 1/3 of the season. and probably was going to be next year as well.
    Last 1/3 of season (10 games), d. Smith avg'd 24.7 mins/game. I would think most of that was him at pt

vCash
    Lots of smoke out we are adding at least 2 transfers plus looking to add a PG now. We are working hard because we have the group to make a run next year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Lots of smoke out we are adding at least 2 transfers plus looking to add a PG now. We are working hard because we have the group to make a run next year
    If, and it's a big IF, you could add Brooks, Jeffries, and find a solid backup PG then you have the makings of a special team.

vCash
    Yep
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If, and it's a big IF, you could add Brooks, Jeffries, and find a solid backup PG then you have the makings of a special team.
    Are brooks and Jeffries possibilities or just wishful thinking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yes, and this makes Smith transferring quite puzzling. He should have an expanded role next year on what we all think will be a significantly better team. And if he was to still be here his JR/SR year it would pretty much be his show to run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Are brooks and Jeffries possibilities or just wishful thinking?
    I believe them to both be legit possibilities. There's been smoke around Jeffries transferring for weeks now and the Brooks stuff has really heated up the past 3-4 days. I know the 247 mods seem to be pretty positive that one if not both of them will end up here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yes, and this makes Smith transferring quite puzzling. He should have an expanded role next year on what we all think will be a significantly better team. And if he was to still be here his JR/SR year it would pretty much be his show to run.
    I don't think he ever planned on being here more than two years. My guess is he's gone to the draft next year.

vCash
    I believe them to both be legit possibilities. There's been smoke around Jeffries transferring for weeks now and the Brooks stuff has really heated up the past 3-4 days. I know the 247 mods seem to be pretty positive that one if not both of them will end up here.
    Man, this would be great.

Can't help but wonder if brooks comes how do he and tolu fit with the plan to go 4 out, 1 in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Supposedly Howland wants to keep DJ at point guard next year, which would make more sense as to why Smith wanted to leave.