Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: D Smith transferring

  1. #21
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,240
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Beginning to really hate this transfer portal. All it seems to do is hurt us.
    May want to let this situation play out 1st.

  2. #22
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    318
    vCash
    600
    Selfishly, I don?t like the portal. I like following players for several years and watching the team grow. Just old school I guess

  3. #23
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59,755
    vCash
    7939
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    May want to let this situation play out 1st.
    Don't you tease me haha

  4. #24
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    13,504
    vCash
    50600
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Best news all day
    If you're in the market for a buzzkill, head over to Twitter.**

  5. #25
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,240
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Selfishly, I don?t like the portal. I like following players for several years and watching the team grow. Just old school I guess
    The "portal" is new but MSU gaining & losing basketball players to transfer is a 20yr endeavor. Robert Jackson, Lawrence Roberts, Shane Power, Delk twins, Hansbrough, Osby, Hood the list goes on & on.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Big4Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,014
    vCash
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    17 17 17 17 17!!!!!!

    This is a huge blow for us. It forces DJ to be the backup next year if he returns. This puts us up a creek when Molinar leaves.
    You probably didn't realize but DJ was the PG the last 1/3 of the season. and probably was going to be next year as well.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The "portal" is new but MSU gaining & losing basketball players to transfer is a 20yr endeavor. Robert Jackson, Lawrence Roberts, Shane Power, Delk twins, Hansbrough, Osby, Hood the list goes on & on.
    Transfer portal just made is too easy to jump ship.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    May want to let this situation play out 1st.
    Sounds like there?s a plan in place and wheels in motion & this is just a byproduct of it and a step in that plan coming into place.... interested to see what comes of this.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Hypnodawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Huntsville
    Posts
    286
    vCash
    12259
    Wow. Losing the only true ball handler. That hurts.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

  10. #30
    Senior Member thf24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,327
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The "portal" is new but MSU gaining & losing basketball players to transfer is a 20yr endeavor. Robert Jackson, Lawrence Roberts, Shane Power, Delk twins, Hansbrough, Osby, Hood the list goes on & on.
    Did the portal really even change things much besides taking the athletes' transfer process online?

  11. #31
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59,755
    vCash
    7939
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    You probably didn't realize but DJ was the PG the last 1/3 of the season. and probably was going to be next year as well.
    Last 1/3 of season (10 games), d. Smith avg'd 24.7 mins/game. I would think most of that was him at pt

  12. #32
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24,316
    vCash
    110
    Lots of smoke out we are adding at least 2 transfers plus looking to add a PG now. We are working hard because we have the group to make a run next year
    Just out here kicking rocks

  13. #33
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,885
    vCash
    95574
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Lots of smoke out we are adding at least 2 transfers plus looking to add a PG now. We are working hard because we have the group to make a run next year
    If, and it's a big IF, you could add Brooks, Jeffries, and find a solid backup PG then you have the makings of a special team.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    24,316
    vCash
    110
    Yep
    Just out here kicking rocks

  15. #35
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59,755
    vCash
    7939
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If, and it's a big IF, you could add Brooks, Jeffries, and find a solid backup PG then you have the makings of a special team.
    Are brooks and Jeffries possibilities or just wishful thinking?

  16. #36
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,425
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Lots of smoke out we are adding at least 2 transfers plus looking to add a PG now. We are working hard because we have the group to make a run next year
    Yes, and this makes Smith transferring quite puzzling. He should have an expanded role next year on what we all think will be a significantly better team. And if he was to still be here his JR/SR year it would pretty much be his show to run.

  17. #37
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,885
    vCash
    95574
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Are brooks and Jeffries possibilities or just wishful thinking?
    I believe them to both be legit possibilities. There's been smoke around Jeffries transferring for weeks now and the Brooks stuff has really heated up the past 3-4 days. I know the 247 mods seem to be pretty positive that one if not both of them will end up here.

  18. #38
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,885
    vCash
    95574
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yes, and this makes Smith transferring quite puzzling. He should have an expanded role next year on what we all think will be a significantly better team. And if he was to still be here his JR/SR year it would pretty much be his show to run.
    I don't think he ever planned on being here more than two years. My guess is he's gone to the draft next year.

  19. #39
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59,755
    vCash
    7939
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I believe them to both be legit possibilities. There's been smoke around Jeffries transferring for weeks now and the Brooks stuff has really heated up the past 3-4 days. I know the 247 mods seem to be pretty positive that one if not both of them will end up here.
    Man, this would be great.

    Can't help but wonder if brooks comes how do he and tolu fit with the plan to go 4 out, 1 in

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,167
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yes, and this makes Smith transferring quite puzzling. He should have an expanded role next year on what we all think will be a significantly better team. And if he was to still be here his JR/SR year it would pretty much be his show to run.
    Supposedly Howland wants to keep DJ at point guard next year, which would make more sense as to why Smith wanted to leave.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.