Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to get something done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It's already a foregone conclusion on who's gonna be the next coach. If she wants it then it will be Johnnie Harris. And if that's going to be it then you might just as Johnson said bite the bullet and go ahead and pay NMP the buyout and hire Harris for 200-250K. That hire would appease the cult and the national media couldn't be outraged either. If that's going to be the end result next year or in two years then just go ahead do it now. You aren't getting Mitchell because his wife doesn't like Mississippi and that family doesn't need the money. And I doubt you're pulling a sitting P5 HC unless you're going to overpay which you don't need to do since the University is already paying Moorhead's buyout plus the potential of paying NMP's buyout.

Saying all that, I don't know that Harris is the answer to all the problems. I think the problems were here under the last staff, but they were masked because no one was going to go against Schaefer.
    In what you replied to. " I think the problems were here under the last staff, but they were masked because no one was going to go against Schaefer." I kinda think you might be correct, problems did occur and really came to head when Vic took the Texas job (don't ask as I ain't gonna say either). But I have changed my mind about Firing Penson right now, I'm not convinced that she is the answer but maybe she does have a plan moving forward to next year.

Off the subject slightly, this portal transfer rule sucks, I'm not for a player leaving and being granted eligibility right away unless it's an extreme emergency type case. It's gonna open up more cheating and problems for the Ncaa. Just saying.

vCash
    NO, we wouldn't. Dawn Staley would be the first to chime in on social media and push her agenda and there you have it. It would be portrayed as a school in MS fires a first year black female coach who wasn't given a chance, yada, yada. Of course, we (the fans) know the truth but most of the media doesn't care about reality. It's all smoke and mirrors.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    NO, we wouldn't. Dawn Staley would be the first to chime in on social media and push her agenda and there you have it. It would be portrayed as a school in MS fires a first year black female coach who wasn't given a chance, yada, yada. Of course, we (the fans) know the truth but most of the media doesn't care about reality. It's all smoke and mirrors.
    To hire another black female. We'd be fine. But If they can't look at the facts and have some common damn sense about it, screw em!

vCash
    Wow... another thread on this. We are truly desperate for a winning program, eh? Let it go and dump the $$$ in something else. Like another football recruiter. I've watched 2 WBB games in my 40+ years. Can we discuss softball at least??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    To hire another black female. We'd be fine. But If they can't look at the facts and have some common damn sense about it, screw em!
    But that shouldn't be a criterion. It should be who can do the best job that we can get, regardless of color or gender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    But that shouldn't be a criterion. It should be who can do the best job that we can get, regardless of color or gender.
    You can hope for that world all you want but it's not coming back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I agree, but that's not the world we live in. It is what it is, and unfortunately, we have to play along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    You can hope for that world all you want but it's not coming back.
    In the 70's, women's sports were 90% coached by females. Guess you don't want to go too far back, eh??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    In the 70's, women's sports were 90% coached by females. Guess you don't want to go too far back, eh??
    You totally missed the point of his post. But carry on. #agenda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    You totally missed the point of his post. But carry on. #agenda
    I've got no agenda... unlike the majority of this board. I've lived in MS/GA/FL/AL... I know what's up. You and I agree on sports topics... let's leave it at that.

vCash
    Let's just let women's bb go back to pre Vic level and forget about it. The coaching pool to get us back to the Vic Schaefer level is extremely, extremely small! It's not happening! It likely won't happen. Vic ****ed us but we must learn to forget it now. For ****s sake.

Also, might as well be happy with the status quo in men's hoops too, because other mid/lower level SEC programs have buried us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yes, lets hire someone literally no one else in D-1 would hire to be their HC.

Unless you mean Gary, lol....then yes....lets throw 5 mil at him and make him say no.**

I was referring to Blair from Facts of Life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    I agree, but that's not the world we live in. It is what it is, and unfortunately, we have to play along.
    Lol no we don't. That mindset is why you have mentally ill men in girls bathrooms.