Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
It's already a foregone conclusion on who's gonna be the next coach. If she wants it then it will be Johnnie Harris. And if that's going to be it then you might just as Johnson said bite the bullet and go ahead and pay NMP the buyout and hire Harris for 200-250K. That hire would appease the cult and the national media couldn't be outraged either. If that's going to be the end result next year or in two years then just go ahead do it now. You aren't getting Mitchell because his wife doesn't like Mississippi and that family doesn't need the money. And I doubt you're pulling a sitting P5 HC unless you're going to overpay which you don't need to do since the University is already paying Moorhead's buyout plus the potential of paying NMP's buyout.

Saying all that, I don't know that Harris is the answer to all the problems. I think the problems were here under the last staff, but they were masked because no one was going to go against Schaefer.
In what you replied to. " I think the problems were here under the last staff, but they were masked because no one was going to go against Schaefer." I kinda think you might be correct, problems did occur and really came to head when Vic took the Texas job (don't ask as I ain't gonna say either). But I have changed my mind about Firing Penson right now, I'm not convinced that she is the answer but maybe she does have a plan moving forward to next year.

Off the subject slightly, this portal transfer rule sucks, I'm not for a player leaving and being granted eligibility right away unless it's an extreme emergency type case. It's gonna open up more cheating and problems for the Ncaa. Just saying.