Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aliyah Matharu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Somewhat. More people outside the South watch women's bball than college baseball, though.
    Women's college basketball is a national sport because everyone can play basketball. College baseball, mostly due to the season starting in Feb and March, is not, because a big portion of the country doesn't really have appropriate weather to play baseball for a big part of the season. Even schools up North that play and do well like Oregon State, Washington, Michigan, etc. don't get much of a crowd because who wants to sit out in the cold and be miserable to watch a baseball game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Women's college basketball is a national sport because everyone can play basketball. College baseball, mostly due to the season starting in Feb and March, is not, because a big portion of the country doesn't really have appropriate weather to play baseball for a big part of the season. Even schools up North that play and do well like Oregon State, Washington, Michigan, etc. don't get much of a crowd because who wants to sit out in the cold and be miserable to watch a baseball game?
    And I opened Twitter, ESPN tweeted out the shot against UConn. It is probably the most publicized win that wasn't for a National Title in women's college basketball history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    And I opened Twitter, ESPN tweeted out the shot against UConn. It is probably the most publicized win that wasn't for a National Title in women's college basketball history.
    This^

I have students all the time that mention that game to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This^

I have students all the time that mention that game to me.
    Peter Burns just tweeted that it is probably his favorite play in the SEC for the last 7 years. He is talking about all sports also.

vCash
    Peter Burns just tweeted that it is probably his favorite play in the SEC for the last 7 years. He is talking about all sports also.
    It was his favorite play of the last 7 years and it wasn't even my favorite MSU play that night. That would've been either Rooker nuking one into the crowd in Oxford or Spencer Price getting Bortles looking to take the series in Oxford. To me it was a cool thing in the moment, but it lost it's luster once they couldn't finish the job. They were kind of like men's basketball, they got everyone invested and then laid a turd and got beat. That reminds me.....damn I miss that 17 baseball team. Cann, Rooker, position players pitching, the damn boxing gloves. That was a fun team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It was his favorite play of the last 7 years and it wasn't even my favorite MSU play that night. That would've been either Rooker nuking one into the crowd in Oxford or Spencer Price getting Bortles looking to take the series in Oxford. To me it was a cool thing in the moment, but it lost it's luster once they couldn't finish the job. They were kind of like men's basketball, they got everyone invested and then laid a turd and got beat. That reminds me.....damn I miss that 17 baseball team. Cann, Rooker, position players pitching, the damn boxing gloves. That was a fun team.
    Cannizaro would have won it all if he could have kept it in his pants.

vCash
    Cannizaro would have won it all if he could have kept it in his pants.
    I believe you're right.