Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
The baseball search wasn?t on Cohen. He has his guy in Schloss. Terms were agreed to and when it came time to sign him, something came out that there was no way possible he could hire him following what Cann pulled. If he would have, it would have been a disaster if it had went public.

That?s why Schloss was trying to hurry up and name him coach incase it did. That and he didn?t want Henderson to get it after what the team accomplished. He knew he would be walking into a bad situation with the big fellas that wanted to keep Hendo. If you name him coach, doesn?t matter what Hendo does then. It?s already a done deal...

TCU swept it under the rug so to speak.

After that, Cohen went to McDonald knowing he would never come due to his wife and his promise to her. But McDonald and Cohen did sit down together along with a couple other people and make a list. Lemonis was #1 on that list.

Then we threw the bank at the OSU pitching coach to Come here and he declined due to being next in line at OSU. Next was Foxhall.

As far as I know, Tadlack was never on the board.
I remember more than a few people thought that Tadlock was the guy. I do believe you're right about Schloss though. I specifically remember a press conference he had before the NCAA tournament where he wasn't even trying to hide that he had interviewed for the job and would probably take it.