Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cohen

vCash

Cohen

I see a lot of Cohen hate on here. I loved him as a coach, what he took over to what he turned it into is one of the best jobs we have ever had. He was intense and a winner. No one can deny that

But with Moorhead, football game days becoming more hectic and NMP...is his seat warm or is it just EliteDawg talk. I personally dont think he should be fired but he should own the fact that he made two bad hires to the fans and learn from it.

vCash
    I think Cohens fate will really be determined by Leach in the next year or two. If Leach takes us back to Mullen level and starts winning 7 or 8 games a year with an occasional 9 or 10 win season he will be safe. If Leach only wins 4 or 5 the next two years then I think Cohen is done

vCash
    He's not qualified for his position.

vCash
    If Leach fails, then Cohen will and should be fired. That's what it'll come down to.

vCash
    Well he will be here then bc Leach is going to win. We would have won 6-7 this year in a normal year. I didnt wanna turn this into a Leach thread but that is probably the determining factor for Cohen

vCash
    NMP won?t cost him his job. The only way Cohen ever gets fired is if Leach ends up being a failure.

vCash
    I agree with him being tied to leach. I do think Cohen needs to meet with students, advertising agencies, whoever to get people back in the hump for MBK. Assuming we return everyone, we should have a team that will compete, so there should be interest. If season ticket holders aren't gonna be there, come up with a plan to get those tix into fans' hands that will attend. Fix the hump!

vCash
    The truth is it shouldn't matter how Leach does as to whether Cohen should be the AD or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I see a lot of Cohen hate on here. I loved him as a coach, what he took over to what he turned it into is one of the best jobs we have ever had. He was intense and a winner. No one can deny that

But with Moorhead, football game days becoming more hectic and NMP...is his seat warm or is it just EliteDawg talk. I personally dont think he should be fired but he should own the fact that he made two bad hires to the fans and learn from it.
    Something that irritated me about him or his department was the bowl game Moorhead's first year and travel and the cheap options supposedly chosen to get the team to Florida. I may not have all the facts but it really screamed out incompetence by trying to outsmart yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The truth is it shouldn't matter how Leach does as to whether Cohen should be the AD or not.
    Agree with this but football will determine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Something that irritated me about him or his department was the bowl game Moorhead's first year and travel and the cheap options supposedly chosen to get the team to Florida. I may not have all the facts but it really screamed out incompetence by trying to outsmart yourself.
    That bothered me too. Our players deserved better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree with this but football will determine.
    Correct. And to clarify I think Cohen should be gone even if Leach is successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Correct. And to clarify I think Cohen should be gone even if Leach is successful.
    Agree, I'm ready now. WBB after Moorhead did it for me. Regardless of if you were a follower of WBB, our WBB program put MSU on the map on a national stage and carried us thru the Mullen departure and baseball transition.

vCash
    I?m close to ready but I?m not pulling the trigger yet. I think if Leach succeeds and Lemonis keeps us in the upper echelon in the SEC there is no chance he will get fired. Not really sure he should if he has two solid coaches having good records and meeting or exceeding expectations. If Howland retires next year the basketball hire will be a factor too. Nothing he can do about that now because Howland does just enough to not get fired

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    That shit show was just as much on Moorhead as it was Cohen. I had forgotten what a disaster that was. Not to mention Kylin hills hissy fit after but thats over and done with

vCash
    I'm not ready to fire Cohen, but in addition to Leach panning out, he needs to show with his next hire that he's learned something from the Moorhead and NMP failures (assuming the latter doesn't manage to do hard and immediate 180 with her program). Both had similar resumes that led to similar pitfalls, and there are no more excuses for going that route again now that there are clearly established warning signs.

vCash
    You all posting your not ready for Cohen to go must be LTs boys. Cohen has ruined everything we had positive in our Ath Dept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You all posting your not ready for Cohen to go must be LTs boys. Cohen has ruined everything we had positive in our Ath Dept.
    I agree. When someone thinks they're the smartest person in the room, but they're not, you don't want that person as AD.

vCash
    Can someone list the good things he has done? Not being sarcastic. I would like to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Can someone list the good things he has done? Not being sarcastic. I would like to know.
    Some see leach as a major plus. I think that's yet to be determined myself.

Lemonis was a good hire imo