Thread: WBB Texas/MSU Roster

vCash

WBB Texas/MSU Roster

I'm too lazy to do it but can someone compare the rosters. Previous production, recruiting ranking etc? Would love to know the difference

vCash
    I don't care about ranking but when you watch you can tell they have better overall talent and are much bigger and more physical inside. For example the transfer (Ebo) that probably would have started for us plays pretty sparingly for them unless they get in foul trouble.

That said it's also clear that they play harder on D than we did this year and harder than we did the previous year. Vic's defense requires some inside people that can alter shots and own the lane. Anyone should have seen how our defense really dropped after Big T graduated as we started to give up a lot more layups.

I think if Vic coached both teams this year that Texas would beat MSU most of the time as I think they have more talent and a better roster distribution than we did. I think Vic having the record for the 19-20 team shows how good a coach he was because I don't think we were as talented as the record showed. That contributed to people have unrealistic expectations - while I think Nikki did a poor job and think any other good coach wouldn't have done much better b/c I think we have roster issues. Vic is simply a top 5 coach and is proving it this year.

vCash
    The coaching staff is the only thing matters. Vic's gonna get that ring he lost out on twice sooner or later...

If we didn't suck so bad.. and now know we are stuck with her for at least one more year... It wouldn't hurt as bad still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I don't care about ranking but when you watch you can tell they have better overall talent and are much bigger and more physical inside. For example the transfer (Ebo) that probably would have started for us plays pretty sparingly for them unless they get in foul trouble.

That said it's also clear that they play harder on D than we did this year and harder than we did the previous year. Vic's defense requires some inside people that can alter shots and own the lane. Anyone should have seen how our defense really dropped after Big T graduated as we started to give up a lot more layups.

I think if Vic coached both teams this year that Texas would beat MSU most of the time as I think they have more talent and a better roster distribution than we did. I think Vic having the record for the 19-20 team shows how good a coach he was because I don't think we were as talented as the record showed. That contributed to people have unrealistic expectations - while I think Nikki did a poor job and think any other good coach wouldn't have done much better b/c I think we have roster issues. Vic is simply a top 5 coach and is proving it this year.
    I see a TX team that hustles their tails off. I don't see near the talent we have. TX has about the talent of Vic early years at MSU and even first NC contender. The effort was mind boggling different watching a Vic team and now our team. Vic demands excellence.

vCash
    Vic is a good Coach, to be considered great Imo he needs to win a Natty. His teams play hard no doubt, he also has some really good players he inherited. But I could care less who wins the girls Natty since we suck!

I like many, still waiting to know what the rumor supposedly is about him departing StarkVegas, best kept secret since Area 51.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I see a TX team that hustles their tails off. I don't see near the talent we have. TX has about the talent of Vic early years at MSU and even first NC contender. The effort was mind boggling different watching a Vic team and now our team. Vic demands excellence.
    So you think Vic could have taken our roster this year to the elite 8? I think we clearly make the tournament with him but I think sweet 16 would have been a success. I guess it would depend on how much you could have gotten out of Carter and Jackson that we didn't get this year. And we would have had the Ebo girl who would have really helped as and Gaston to (did she get hurt of something because she was playing a lot early in the year). I just thought Texas look way bigger and more physical than our team.