Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: John Cohen is a 17 IDIOT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm talking this season.
    Dear lord, we're two freaking weeks into SEC play. The 2013 team was 2-4 after two weekends and had played LSU at home and Kentucky on the road. We played a team that was just better than us last weekend. It happens. Let's move on and sweep UK and take 2 of 3 at Auburn and we're 7-5 after 4 weekends. We're fine.

vCash
    We may have a very nice golf practice facility, but it's 30 minutes away. Others in our western division have just as nice right down the road from where the players live. We are not going to be anywhere close to elite in golf unless we get lucky with international players. A top player in MS or surrounding states will choose Bama, Auburn, and LSU before choosing MSU 99% of the time. That is just the reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Dear lord, we're two freaking weeks into SEC play. The 2013 team was 2-4 after two weekends and had played LSU at home and Kentucky on the road. We played a team that was just better than us last weekend. It happens. Let's move on and sweep UK and take 2 of 3 at Auburn and we're 7-5 after 4 weekends. We're fine.
    What part of "so far" or "Now" do some of you not understand. Dear god, reading comprehension is a lost 17ing art on here.

vCash
    What part of "so far" or "Now" do some of you not understand. Dear god, reading comprehension is a lost 17ing art on here.
    Well "so far" we still top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well "so far" we still top 10.
    It's where you finish that matters. Am I right? I expect our baseball program to win big. I don't expect that from any other program. Right now, I'd say we're the third best team in our division. That's disappointing to me. Could that change? Sure. You guys are all up in your feelings because I think the first part of the season is a little disappointing. We've still got a lot of ball. I'm not saying we can't change that.

vCash
    It's where you finish that matters. Am I right? I expect our baseball program to win big. I don't expect that from any other program. Right now, I'd say we're the third best team in our division. That's disappointing to me. Could that change? Sure. You guys are all up in your feelings because I think the first part of the season is a little disappointing. We've still got a lot of ball. I'm not saying we can't change that.
    Ok, got it. You're disappointed "so far"....

But how the **** is that Cohen's fault?

You listed all your issues with the sports programs, and how those issues reflect poorly on Cohen...see the issue, here? If not, it would appear people reading your post have less of a problem with reading comprehension than you do of properly expressing what you really mean.

vCash
    No we're not understanding what you think is disappointing. We're a top 10 team who had a bad weekend. It happens. in 16 with what I still think was the best State team in my lifetime, A&M came in here and waxed us 3 straight games. It didn't suddenly mean that we needed to write off the season, fire everyone, and start over. We regrouped and took a series the very next weekend in BR for the first time in a very long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Ok, got it. You're disappointed "so far"....

But how the **** is that Cohen's fault?

You listed all your issues with the sports programs, and how those issues reflect poorly on Cohen...see the issue, here? If not, it would appear people reading your post have less of a problem with reading comprehension than you do of properly expressing what you really mean.
    The programs are down this year IMO and that's a reflection on his hires IMO. That clear it up for you? Seems to me, a lot of folks are just upset because I think the baseball program isn't living up to the potential this year.
    I mean we won 3 regular season football games, basketball missed the NCAA, women's basketball was a joke, softball is too, and baseball has had its struggles even with the unicorns.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-30-2021 at 02:25 PM.

vCash
    The programs are down this year IMO and that's a reflection on his hires IMO. That clear it up for you? Seems to me, a lot of folks are just upset because I think the baseball program isn't living up to the potential this year.
    I mean we won 3 regular season football games, basketball missed the NCAA, women's basketball was a joke, softball is too, and baseball has had its struggles even with the unicorns.
    Not fair to judge Leach either. In a regular year we are 7-5 6-6. He will be the best coach on campus till he gets too old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Not fair to judge Leach either. In a regular year we are 7-5 6-6.
    Very true.