Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: John Cohen is a 17 IDIOT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Austin is on its way to being the next blue wave capitol of the country. Transplants from California are moving there literally by the thousands. Also Texas is changing.
    Austin gained about 180,000 people between the 2010 census and the 2019 estimate. That's 22% The place is growing crazy fast. Not only is Austin blue, but Texas is heading that way as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Not that I really care..
    But instead of going out and finding a Softball coach he just promotes from within.. an assistant that obviously had zero shot at getting a head job anywhere else
    Results

In 9 leagues games , where our record is now 0-9
    We have scored

Outstanding..
    I really didn’t have much of an issue of promoting Ricketts if you were going the assistant route and not pull a sitting HC like UM. She was established enough in the softball community that a HC job was coming to her at some point. Being a SEC job as her first was a huge risk though. To be fair, Vann would have been the same. We have problem pulling actual immediate help in recruits that can compete in the SEC. The rankings are a bigger crap shoot in softball than most other sports. So evaluation and development has to be at an extremely high level. The best player in the state over the last few years is just committed to Washington, the one before that went to Bama, etc. When we do have a player that can come in and help from the state, we can’t get them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I don't think UT is going to ask Vic to be "woke" if he feels differently. They have pushed back against eliminating the Eyes of Texas. Just because Austin is a liberal town doesn't mean that UT is.

All that said, it could be just rumors because not much else has made sense.
    UT and Austin are very liberal. Its the UT boosters with the big bucks that are not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Not that I really care..
    But instead of going out and finding a Softball coach he just promotes from within.. an assistant that obviously had zero shot at getting a head job anywhere else
    Results

In 9 leagues games , where our record is now 0-9
    We have scored

Outstanding..
    In WBB he did NOT make the in house hire in a program that was rolling and is so far getting about the same kind of result. So in the softball program which was mediocre we hire from within, yet with the WBB program that was elite we apparently had to go find new blood. Hmm... neither is working. Think maybe Cohen got it backwards??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I really didn’t have much of an issue of promoting Ricketts if you were going the assistant route and not pull a sitting HC like UM. She was established enough in the softball community that a HC job was coming to her at some point. Being a SEC job as her first was a huge risk though. To be fair, Vann would have been the same. We have problem pulling actual immediate help in recruits that can compete in the SEC. The rankings are a bigger crap shoot in softball than most other sports. So evaluation and development has to be at an extremely high level. The best player in the state over the last few years is just committed to Washington, the one before that went to Bama, etc. When we do have a player that can come in and help from the state, we can’t get them.
    I would love to how many hires men / women doesn’t matter the sport, hired an assistant of the same coach he just fired..
    I’m guessing not many ..
    and I don’t mean a HC that stepped down, was asked to step down, retired , or left for another program...
    Actually fired.

Again it’s just softball , I really don’t care but it shows to me how lazy of an hire it was and his inability to make a good hire.
    Softball would have been a perfect time to go outside the box , hire someone from anywhere , a new face , some new blood..
    Hell With all the top Softball programs in the SEC my first choice would have been there for an assistant.. somewhere where winning was in the culture..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    This is not on you, but this is almost certainly made up by people who don't like Cohen's politics. Does it make sense that Cohen is making his coaches be "woke" while also hiring Mike 17'in Leach?
    I don?t disagree. On the other hand, Leach had to apologize for a tweet. I?ve yet to see our ladies basketball coach have to apologize for a tweet.

vCash
    He is a micromanager on roids and is trying his best to interject woke political beliefs onto the current staff. I won't get into a lot of it but let's just say he is starting to get some pushback on how he is running the department.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Like I said, just some rumors which could be people just reaching but who knows. If Vic hadn't been one of the highest paid coaches in the country before he went to UT then it would make sense. This was actually the definition of a lateral move for once. There is nothing that UT could offer Vic that he didn't actually have in Starkville unless it really was just being tired of living in MS.
    Apparantly you did not listen to the recent podcast interview with Vic wherein he stated that Texas is getting to ready to invest about $140 million in a new arena with separate offices, practice facilities, training facilities, etc., etc. for both men's and women's BB teams. Vic said there is nothing out there that's even close to it, nothing comparable anywhere. So, it's about more than salary/benefits. We were always going to be outspent by Texas if they decided to in meant something to them. No way about 99% of the rest of the country could either.

vCash
    As far as why Vic left, I've heard that one of his players, who was still here this year under the NMP disaster, had an overbearing Mom, who would come down to the 1st row behind the home bench and yell at the coach for not playing her daughter. And that it all started during the 2019/2020 season, while Vic was still here, and he was tired of dealing with it. And instead of kicking the girl off the team, he decided to leave it behind and make it become someone else's problem.

Again. That's what I've heard, but cannot confirm it. One of the 1st 2 girls that entered the transfer portal, it was one of those 2 that had the problem mother. Not sure which it is, but I have an idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    John Cohen let go of two coaches in female sports for asking for things. Some reasonable, some not. He doesn't give a shit about female athletics. But he better get his precious baseball program better if we're going all in there. We've got 99 problems but woke ain't one.
    Who was the other coach besides Vic?

vCash
    When you compare what OM did with Women basketball and softball hires, Cohen looks like a total loser ass AD. Carter did better with his first football hire too.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-29-2021 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    He is a micromanager on roids and is trying his best to interject woke political beliefs onto the current staff. I won't get into a lot of it but let's just say he is starting to get some pushback on how he is running the department.
    I don't know how accurate your post is, but there is nothing worse than a micromanager. I mean, no one wants to work for a boss like that.

vCash
    John Cohen let go of two coaches in female sports for asking for things. Some reasonable, some not. He doesn't give a shit about female athletics. But he better get his precious baseball program better if we're going all in there. We've got 99 problems but woke ain't one.
    This is the second time you have posted these accusations without a single piece of evidence. Put up some specifics ..which I don't think you can!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    This is the second time you have posted these accusations without a single piece of evidence. Put up some specifics ..which I don't think you can!
    Go talk to the former W. Golf coach... go talk to some assistants about how he tries to interject things at practice of other sports.
    The problem with hiring a mildly successful former coach as an AD is they think they know more than the people they hire
    Name one sport we are better at right now since Cohen took over.

vCash
    Go talk to the former W. Golf coach... go talk to some assistants about how he tries to interject things at practice of other sports.
    The problem with hiring a mildly successful former coach as an AD is they think they know more than the people they hire
    Name one sport we are better at right now since Cohen took over.
    Volleyball and soccer
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Volleyball and soccer
    Name one sport that we give a crap about! Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Name one sport that we give a crap about! Haha
    I made no remarks about that needing to be a point of pride
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I made no remarks about that needing to be a point of pride
    I was playing.

My obsession with getting rid of Moorhead took a lot out of me... I'm pretty laid back these days and willing to give coaches/AD more rope.

vCash

From who?

vCash
    Carter did better with his first football hire too.
    That remains to be seen. Lane has never stayed at any job for more than 3 years. We'll see if this time is any different.