Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Cohen is a 17 IDIOT!

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Like I said, just some rumors which could be people just reaching but who knows. If Vic hadn't been one of the highest paid coaches in the country before he went to UT then it would make sense. This was actually the definition of a lateral move for once. There is nothing that UT could offer Vic that he didn't actually have in Starkville unless it really was just being tired of living in MS.
    UT has Austin to offer. That?s 100x better than Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    UT has Austin to offer. That?s 100x better than Starkville.
    Doesn't want to be part of John Cohen's "woke culture", yet moved to Austin? Yeah, that adds up.***

vCash
    John Cohen let go of two coaches in female sports for asking for things. Some reasonable, some not. He doesn't give a shit about female athletics. But he better get his precious baseball program better if we're going all in there. We've got 99 problems but woke ain't one.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-29-2021 at 12:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    This is not on you, but this is almost certainly made up by people who don't like Cohen's politics. Does it make sense that Cohen is making his coaches be "woke" while also hiring Mike 17'in Leach?
    First I don't know what is true anymore than anyone on here. Good thought but that may not be true. If Cohen was that way, he tried to woke thing with Moorhead and he was at the point, he had to hire someone who had won. You can afford to be woke in lower tier sports but not football or MSU baseball. Cohen had to produce something in football. Got nothing to do with politics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Doesn't want to be part of John Cohen's "woke culture", yet moved to Austin? Yeah, that adds up.***
    I don't think UT is going to ask Vic to be "woke" if he feels differently. They have pushed back against eliminating the Eyes of Texas. Just because Austin is a liberal town doesn't mean that UT is.

All that said, it could be just rumors because not much else has made sense.
    Last edited by Tbonewannabe; 03-29-2021 at 12:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    First I don't know what is true anymore than anyone on here. Good thought but that may not be true. If Cohen was that way, he tried to woke thing with Moorhead and he was at the point, he had to hire someone who had won. You can afford to be woke in lower tier sports but not football or MSU baseball. Cohen had to produce something in football. Got nothing to do with politics.
    Also Leach seems to be muzzled as much as possible. He has been very neutral on Twitter which is different than he was prior to coming to Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Also Leach seems to be muzzled as much as possible. He has been very neutral on Twitter which is different than he was prior to coming to Starkville.
    Any smart individual, which Leach is, would keep a low profile for a few years after the noose misstep. I'd bet that's all there is to that.

vCash
    Vic going to Texas is not baffling in the least. He is not a Miss State alum and while he built our program, he was offered a job by the wealthiest school in the country. Yes, dealing with the boosters and fans is more challenging there, I don?t see any reason why people are confused he left. On top of that, Texas is his home state. It was bad for us he left but if I was coaching somewhere and Miss State offered me a job I would go for the same or possibly less money because it?s home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Vic going to Texas is not baffling in the least. He is not a Miss State alum and while he built our program, he was offered a job by the wealthiest school in the country. Yes, dealing with the boosters and fans is more challenging there, I don?t see any reason why people are confused he left. On top of that, Texas is his home state. It was bad for us he left but if I was coaching somewhere and Miss State offered me a job I would go for the same or possibly less money because it?s home.
    Except that's not why he left. Just made it easier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I can understand but it still came out of left field. UT is higher pressure and they pay isn't better. I believe Vic was maybe the 3rd highest paid coach in the country at MSU at the time. We also matched the salary.

We were at top 5 program at the time and everyone knows that if Vic wins one of those National Title games then he puts his name on our program they way that few coaches do in college sports.

You don't sink $2 Mil into a house when you are looking to leave if given the chance. Unless UT is buying his house in Starkville then he is probably losing at least $500k if he can even sell it.

Not very much adds up but at this point, we just have to go with it. We now know that we will put 6-10k in the Hump for a winning team. Hopefully the new coach proves almost everyone wrong. Right now it looks like a Moorhead hire which burned the program down and tore up the foundation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Most times the rumors of why coaches leave are way more exciting & interesting than why the coach left.
    Take Lane Kiffin for example. Saban's word on it was he was not preparing for the title game and instead focusing on his next job.

I prefer the rumor. That he was stupping Saban's daughter.

vCash
    Not that I really care..
    But instead of going out and finding a Softball coach he just promotes from within.. an assistant that obviously had zero shot at getting a head job anywhere else
    Results

In 9 leagues games , where our record is now 0-9
    We have scored

Outstanding..

vCash
    It's a little baffling how someone who earned the nickname "Intense Bastard" as a coach went on to hire both a football and a basketball coach who struggled/struggles to maintain motivation and discipline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    This is not on you, but this is almost certainly made up by people who don't like Cohen's politics. Does it make sense that Cohen is making his coaches be "woke" while also hiring Mike 17'in Leach?
    We should't know what Cohen's politics are (nor Leach or the women's coach or any other university official). Cohen is the Athletic Director, not the "Political Director".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Not that I really care..
    But instead of going out and finding a Softball coach he just promotes from within.. an assistant that obviously had zero shot at getting a head job anywhere else
    Results

In 9 leagues games , where our record is now 0-9
    We have scored

Outstanding..
    That's a symptom of MSU. Keenum, wouldn't come close to being considered for President at another SEC school. Same with Cohen as AD. We are very incestuous, and that lack of fresh blood isn't a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yes, I would be willing to bet that conservatism is more popular at MSU and Starkville than it is at UT and Austin. So i don't think he went there so he could be less "woke" (whatever that world actually means).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Any smart individual, which Leach is, would keep a low profile for a few years after the noose misstep. I'd bet that's all there is to that.
    The noose wasn't a misstep on Leach's part, but a misstep on the part of those who interpreted it as racist. The cartoon was a white guy and his wife. Had it been a white guy and a black guy who worked for him it would be a totally different matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That's a symptom of MSU. Keenum, wouldn't come close to being considered for President at another SEC school. Same with Cohen as AD. We are very incestuous, and that lack of fresh blood isn't a good thing.
    I'm afraid you're right. I don't know that much about the presidents at MSU, but I'd say the last "good" one we had was Dr. Zacharias.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yes, I would be willing to bet that conservatism is more popular at MSU and Starkville than it is at UT and Austin. So i don't think he went there so he could be less "woke" (whatever that world actually means).
    Austin is on its way to being the next blue wave capitol of the country. Transplants from California are moving there literally by the thousands. Also Texas is changing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    The noose wasn't a misstep on Leach's part, but a misstep on the part of those who interpreted it as racist. The cartoon was a white guy and his wife. Had it been a white guy and a black guy who worked for him it would be a totally different matter.
    I don't disagree, but my point remains that the most likely explanation for his tame Twitter usage is that he's simply trying to avoid anything remotely controversial until the dust from that incident is long settled.