vCash

John Cohen is a 17 IDIOT!

Nm

vCash
    I second that

vCash
    Water is 17 wet

vCash
    What is this particular post in reference of? Something in particular?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    What is this particular post in reference of? Something in particular?
    Shit everything he has been involved with.

vCash
    Just guessing that Texas making the Elite 8 in Vic's first year.

vCash
    I am not a Cohen fan, but I don?t blame him for Vic leaving. He was going to leave for Texas whoever the AD was at the time. It is just like Mullen was leaving no matter what, although it was worse with Mullen because he was willing to go anywhere. At least Vic only left so that he could be back home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I am not a Cohen fan, but I don?t blame him for Vic leaving. He was going to leave for Texas whoever the AD was at the time. It is just like Mullen was leaving no matter what, although it was worse with Mullen because he was willing to go anywhere. At least Vic only left so that he could be back home.
    Vic leaving is 100% on Cohen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Vic leaving is 100% on Cohen
    and what exactly did Cohen do that made Vic leave?

vCash
    Vic leaving is 100% on Vic.

If you think Cohen had anything to do with it, I feel bad for you.

Cohen matched everything Texas offered. Vic was not staying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Vic leaving is 100% on Vic.

If you think Cohen had anything to do with it, I feel bad for you.

Cohen matched everything Texas offered. Vic was not staying.
    The real question is what was the relationship between Vic and Cohen, and was Vic happy with his situation and how he was being treated at MSU? Those things I can't answer but I can say that I don't know of any coach much that gets to the point of getting a financial package offer from another school but then stays at his current school because the offer was 'matched'. Usually a coach only gets to the point of listening and accepting an offer from a school if he is ready to move on. Now I don't know if Vic just couldn't turn down a job back in Texas or if he was unhappy with something about his situation at MSU? Likely some combination of both but there does seem to be people who believe there was some personal issue that prompted his leaving but apparently, whatever it is, these folks have had their lives threatened if they share the reason publicly. And I have no idea if somehow Cohen was involved in the matter or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    The real question is what was the relationship between Vic and Cohen, and was Vic happy with his situation and how he was being treated at MSU? Those things I can't answer but I can say that I don't know of any coach much that gets to the point of getting a financial package offer from another school but then stays at his current school because the offer was 'matched'. Usually a coach only gets to the point of listening and accepting an offer from a school if he is ready to move on. Now I don't know if Vic just couldn't turn down a job back in Texas or if he was unhappy with something about his situation at MSU? Likely some combination of both but there does seem to be people who believe there was some personal issue that prompted his leaving but apparently, whatever it is, these folks have had their lives threatened if they share the reason publicly. And I have no idea if somehow Cohen was involved in the matter or not.
    Vic had been working under Cohen for 4 years and was in the middle of building what was supposedly his dream house and the most expensive home in Oktibbeha County. If he had had a real issue with Cohen, Vic had enough clout that he could have easily sidestepped him - you just don't leave that type of investment unless you have a damn big reason.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Vic had been working under Cohen for 4 years and was in the middle of building what was supposedly his dream house and the most expensive home in Oktibbeha County. If he had had a real issue with Cohen, Vic had enough clout that he could have easily sidestepped him - you just don't leave that type of investment unless you have a damn big reason.
    DING DING DING!

vCash
    The second part of this losing Vic, blaming Cohen, issue is who Cohen chose to replace Vic.
    I am just curious with no inside information on WBB, but did Vic give Cohen recommendations for a replacement, or were they close enough professionally to have those type of trusted conversations.

vCash
    Everyone can blame Cohen for a lot, but this isn't one of them. Vic leaving isn't on Cohen and maybe one day the whole story will come out on that. Most, including myself, have bits and pieces of everything that transpired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    The second part of this losing Vic, blaming Cohen, issue is who Cohen chose to replace Vic.
    I am just curious with no inside information on WBB, but did Vic give Cohen recommendations for a replacement, or were they close enough professionally to have those type of trusted conversations.
    Even if he did give a rec - this hire is was going to be a crap shoot. One thing I agree with in this whole situation is that in basketball (women's in particular) coaching matters. The flip side of that is no matter what people say, players come to a school for a coach, especially at programs that are winning at a high level. And when that coach leaves it takes a tremendous amount of work to keep players who came to play for someone else content. Some coaches can't handle that type of transition. That's why you have the old coaching adage that "don't be the guy who replaces a legend, be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced a legend." Outside of a handful of elite coaches I don't know that our results would have been much different this year regardless of who we hired.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    And UT doesn't offer anything in WBB that Vic didn't already have. I don't think it had anything to do with going back home. It isn't like he is living in the same city as his siblings. From what I read, his sister lives in Houston which is still almost 3 hours from Austin.

He is also a A&M grad which might matter some.

I heard some rumors this weekend that some people wanted Vic to be more "woke" and it rubbed him the wrong way. Not sure if it is true but you don't leave a job when you just finished building your dream house and have the program at a top 5-10 level unless something is wrong.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Most times the rumors of why coaches leave are way more exciting & interesting than why the coach left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    And UT doesn't offer anything in WBB that Vic didn't already have. I don't think it had anything to do with going back home. It isn't like he is living in the same city as his siblings. From what I read, his sister lives in Houston which is still almost 3 hours from Austin.

He is also a A&M grad which might matter some.

I heard some rumors this weekend that some people wanted Vic to be more "woke" and it rubbed him the wrong way. Not sure if it is true but you don't leave a job when you just finished building your dream house and have the program at a top 5-10 level unless something is wrong
    This is not on you, but this is almost certainly made up by people who don't like Cohen's politics. Does it make sense that Cohen is making his coaches be "woke" while also hiring Mike 17'in Leach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    This is not on you, but this is almost certainly made up by people who don't like Cohen's politics. Does it make sense that Cohen is making his coaches be "woke" while also hiring Mike 17'in Leach?
    Like I said, just some rumors which could be people just reaching but who knows. If Vic hadn't been one of the highest paid coaches in the country before he went to UT then it would make sense. This was actually the definition of a lateral move for once. There is nothing that UT could offer Vic that he didn't actually have in Starkville unless it really was just being tired of living in MS.