Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: John Cohen is a 17 IDIOT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    From who?
    There is a growing number of influential people that are not happy with the current way JC is invoking some of his ideology in the AD department.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    That remains to be seen. Lane has never stayed at any job for more than 3 years. We'll see if this time is any different.
    He's already better than Moorhead. That's not even a question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    This is the second time you have posted these accusations without a single piece of evidence. Put up some specifics ..which I don't think you can!
    One asked for upgrades and things and one asked for money. He let both walk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Seems like a good decision to me. The money needs to be put into the 3 sports that make money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Seems like a good decision to me. The money needs to be put into the 3 sports that make money.
    Let's both duck bc I agree.

vCash
    Basketball doesn't make money. Title 9 requirements prevent schools form doing it also. Now, our football is bad, basketball is bad, baseball is disappointing to this point. Give me a final four in any sport. Give me a World Series. I just want to win. Watching us lose or run middle of the pack bores me at times. And that extra $500K you save won't change a damn thing.

vCash
    Basketball doesn't make money. Title 9 requirements prevent schools form doing it also. Now, our football is bad, basketball is bad, baseball is disappointing to this point. Give me a final four in any sport. Give me a World Series. I just want to win. Watching us lose or run middle of the pack bores me at times. And that extra $500K you save won't change a damn thing.
    I know Ark just swept us, but BASEBALL?!?! Disappointing? Really, lol?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    There is a growing number of influential people that are not happy with the current way JC is invoking some of his ideology in the AD department.
    They should come out with some specifics on what agendas are being pushed. Sunlight is the best disinfectant let the donors and fans know what's going on and where their money is going.

vCash
    You think saving .01% (this is the high side of what was supposedly requested by those 2 coaches) of our athletic budget would have had any type of negative impact to our revenue sport’s? Let’s be real now. I don’t have a problem with letting one of them walk/fired because it was time to make a change but penny pinching to that degree is LT like.

vCash
    We have one of the best golf facilities in the country - so that means the W Golf coach asked for more money? Sounds like we made a good move to hire a coach for whom money won't be an issue, and got a 2 for 1 deal with his LPGA star wife as a volunteer assistant coach.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I said "so far". If it hasn't been disappointing to you thus far, then great. I expect more from the one program on campus that should always have high expectations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We have one of the best golf facilities in the country - so that means the W Golf coach asked for more money? Sounds like we made a good move to hire a coach for whom money won't be an issue, and got a 2 for 1 deal with his LPGA star wife as a volunteer assistant coach.
    No. The women's golf coach wasn't let go for any of the above.

vCash
    Men's hoops makes money. Then in turn it gets gobbled up and then some by what we spend on women's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    No. The women's golf coach wasn't let go for any of the above.
    That's what the OP seemed to be insinuating - that one of the 2 coaches who recently left for facilities, the other wanted more money, and she was the most recent coach to leave I could think of.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I said "so far". If it hasn't been disappointing to you thus far, then great. I expect more from the one program on campus that should always have high expectations.
    What?

In Lemonis's only completed season, we went 20-10 in the SEC, hosted and won a Regional, hosted an won a Super Regional, and made it to Omaha. It was arguably our best season as a program since 1990, unless you put a whole lot of weight in coming in 2nd in Omaha (after 16-14 in the SEC) vs. 5th.

That doesn't mean he'll continue to be great, but so far he's exceeded any reasonable expectations, even the high ones we have here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    It's a little baffling how someone who earned the nickname "Intense Bastard" as a coach went on to hire both a football and a basketball coach who struggled/struggles to maintain motivation and discipline.
    What's baffling to me is why take a pay cut ... I don't know the numbers but I'm pretty sure he took a very healthy pay cut to move into that position
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    What?

In Lemonis's only completed season, we went 20-10 in the SEC, hosted and won a Regional, hosted an won a Super Regional, and made it to Omaha. It was arguably our best season as a program since 1990, unless you put a whole lot of weight in coming in 2nd in Omaha (after 16-14 in the SEC) vs. 5th.

That doesn't mean he'll continue to be great, but so far he's exceeded any reasonable expectations, even the high ones we have here.
    If you ain't first, you last

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    What?

I'm talking this season.

vCash
    I'm talking this season.
    That's fine, but you were discussing all the sports programs and their status as a reflection on Cohen...