Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get a new lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Not mad at all. Not quite sure where you got the from.

I don't mind Cumbest getting more at-bats bc we honestly can't get worse, I just don't think he's a long term answer. If we're looking at averages on guys with limited at-bats, then Kyte McDonald needs a shot. He's got more extra base hits than Cumbest in 1/3 of the ABs.

And I haven't advocated for those continually failing to play. Clark hasn't continually failed bc he hasn't been healthy.
    Nobody outside of Allen or James is a long term answer. We have recruited position players poorly for the most part the last 2-3 years
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We have recruited position players poorly for the most part the last 2-3 years
    I'll agree with this. We have to start getting better hitters to campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's hitting the ball better than most of our starters.

Clark has been ill and probably isn't 100% yet and hasn't looked ready at all.
    He had 4 hits this weekend I get it. But one was hit hard. One was a swinging bunt and two others were big hop ground balls. And his k rate is super high. We can start him but he isn't the answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He had 4 hits this weekend I get it. But one was hit hard. One was a swinging bunt and two others were big hop ground balls. And his k rate is super high. We can start him but he isn't the answer.
    We agree on alot of shit- but Who deserves to play over him? Can we not give him a couple of weekends to fail like we have the others? Hatcher is hitting .225 after 100 AB's. Surely he can match that huh?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yeah. Well we really don't have any answers much anywhere and at least he makes us better defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. Well we really don't have any answers much anywhere and at least he makes us better defensively.
    We do t have many or any options that's true. And painful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We agree on alot of shit- but Who deserves to play over him? Can we not give him a couple of weekends to fail like we have the others? Hatcher is hitting .225 after 100 AB's. Surely he can match that huh?
    I don't have a problem running him out there. I don't. But, his avg is inflated look at babip. And he doesn't drive the ball either and k's at a high rate against bad pitching. Much less sec. really just saying he isn't the answer. Not that he doesn't deserve a shot.
    I will give him this, when he does put it in play it's usually on the ground and not a week pop out

vCash
    1. Skinner, CF
    2. Allen, 1B
    3. Kam, 3B
    4. Hancock, DH
    5. LT, C
    6. Rowdey, LF
    7. Cumbest, RF
    8. Dubrule 2B
    9. Forsythe, SS

That's about the best we can do.

vCash
    I don't have a problem running him out there. I don't. But, his avg is inflated look at babip. And he doesn't drive the ball either and k's at a high rate against bad pitching. Much less sec. really just saying he isn't the answer. Not that he doesn't deserve a shot.
    I will give him this, when he does put it in play it's usually on the ground and not a week pop out
    I will say that I don't think we have seen enough of Cumbest and he doesn't have enough experience yet for us to rule him out. You got to remember that he's had very limited playing time.

vCash
    We do t have many or any options that's true. And painful.
    Absolutely! I'd like to recommend someone else but...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    1. Skinner, CF
    2. Allen, 1B
    3. Kam, 3B
    4. Hancock, DH
    5. LT, C
    6. Rowdey, LF
    7. Cumbest, RF
    8. Dubrule 2B
    9. Forsythe, SS

That's about the best we can do.
    Yeah. Might have to platoon Leggett and Dubrule though.

vCash
    Arkansas Team Size:

5-10 —1
    5-11 — 2 (Franklin)
    6-0 — 4
    6-1 — 1
    6-2 — 1
    6-3 — 1 (slavens)

180-190 —6
    191-200 — 4
    201-210
    201-210

Biggest Kid - Battles (6-2 205)

I’m going to chart our boys. But the Hogs are not much bigger than us. Either their approach is better, our pitching sucks, or they got a really special batch of bats. Or let’s get Tin Foil about it, our libertine uniform policy and jewelry is messing with our discipline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Arkansas Team Size:

5-10 ?1
    5-11 ? 2 (Franklin)
    6-0 ? 4
    6-1 ? 1
    6-2 ? 1
    6-3 ? 1 (slavens)

180-190 ?6
    191-200 ? 4
    201-210
    201-210

Biggest Kid - Battles (6-2 205)

I?m going to chart our boys. But the Hogs are not much bigger than us. Either their approach is better, our pitching sucks, or they got a really special batch of bats. Or let?s get Tin Foil about it, our libertine uniform policy and jewelry is messing with our discipline.
    Well we never did cut one of their bats in half. Might be a little too late to check

vCash
    Minnissippi State

5-10 —3 (Dubrule, Rowdey, Leggett)
    5-11 —4 (Allen, Hancock, Skinner, Forsythe)
    6-0 — 1 (Tanner)
    6-1
    6-2 — 2 (James, Hatch)
    6-3
    6-4
    6-5 — 1 (Cumbest)

Biggest Kid: Cumbest 6-5 250

161-170 —2 (Leggett, Skinner)
    171-180 —2 (Forsythe, Dubrule)
    181-190 —2 (Rowdey, Allen)
    191-200 —3 (Hancock, Hatcher, James)
    201-210
    211-220 —1 (Tanner)
    221-230
    231-240
    241-250 —1 (Cumbest)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Well we never did cut one of their bats in half. Might be a little too late to check
    Seriously- as an MSU engineer that drank too much High Noon and Belvedere today, I would be stopping the hog equipment bus at the border with Mississippi state troopers and bringing those bats back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Seriously- as an MSU engineer that drank too much High Noon and Belvedere today, I would be stopping the hog equipment bus at the border with Mississippi state troopers and bringing those bats back.
    I like your thinking

vCash
    An atta boy to whoever can answer this.......Cumbest is the 2.0 of who?

ETA: and I like both Cumbest and his 1.0.

ETA2: hint geography and position in HS.
    Last edited by InTheIttaBenaHotSun; 03-28-2021 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    An atta boy to whoever can answer this.......Cumbest is the 2.0 version of who?
    Jay Powell says that Cumbest is legit 5-tool player, but must choose baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    An atta boy to whoever can answer this.......Cumbest is the 2.0 of who?
    Daryl Norris

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Some people forget on base percentage alongside batting average. Cumbest making contact and getting on base with his speed puts pressure on a defense and pitcher. On base percentage changes defenses and pitch calling. Need to maximize this to provide the best pitches for the hitters

There is not one answer. But it is known that getting guys on base takes the other team out of their game plan. Put the guys in the lineup that get on base and make contact.

The ABs last few innings give some promise. They finally got the bat head out in front of the plate to do some damage. Only way you will every drive a baseball is by making contact out in front of the Plate. The physics of the swing determine that. Not me. Make contact at 100% extension you get greatest power. Make contact at 60% extension (first 23 innings of series) and you get punchin Judy slap hits. It?s leverage and mechanics.