Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Like how TA pulled no punches in post game interview

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    If you dress like #### you play like a ####.....
    Well, if we're going to be a crappy team (which we are), we ought to at least halfway look like we belong out there. Witness: Texas A & M - they ALL wear the uniform the way it should be worn - no jorts and no long pajama bottoms. I'm not going to apologize for being an old fart and being old school. This bunch right now is playing like crap and looks like middle schoolers doing it. The first order of discipline is in taking pride in your appearance. What this bunch needs is a good dose of R. Lee Ermy (RIP) before they hit the field. "Four inches Private Pyle, FOUR INCHES!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Well, if we're going to be a crappy team (which we are), we ought to at least halfway look like we belong out there. Witness: Texas A & M - they ALL wear the uniform the way it should be worn - no jorts and no long pajama bottoms. I'm not going to apologize for being an old fart and being old school. This bunch right now is playing like crap and looks like middle schoolers doing it. The first order of discipline is in taking pride in your appearance. What this bunch needs is a good dose of R. Lee Ermy (RIP) before they hit the field. "Four inches Private Pyle, FOUR INCHES!!"
    Everyone has a personal preference. In the end who cares.? I'm way more worried about performance than how the wear their pants.

vCash
    Im tired of the cutesy look at me crap too.

Get mad at me if you want but I think baseballs problem came when the daddy ball started. It has become a money game for youth and up. I guarantee you most of the kids on our team have played baseball year around for a lot of money since they were 13

vCash
    Ah. The petty BS that our fans complaint about when we're losing thread.

But....but.....that other team dresses better too!**

My solution is to get the hitters in our upcoming recruiting class in. Lot more power in that group. Looks like some of them can hit pretty well. Again- this offense and team is what it is. That hasn't changed. If we don't pitch and field we're probably losing.

vCash
    I think the whole issue on why people are complaining about how they dress or act is if the players are more worried about how they dress or act than the game at hand, then we have an issue. If you're focused and handling your business, no one cares. But when your out there dropping pop flies and not mashing meat pitches when you get them, people start questioning if your priorities are on how you look(how much swag you have) or how you play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I think the whole issue on why people are complaining about how they dress or act is if the players are more worried about how they dress or act than the game at hand, then we have an issue. If you're focused and handling your business, no one cares. But when your out there dropping pop flies and not mashing meat pitches when you get them, people start questioning if your priorities are on how you look(how much swag you have) or how you play.
    Yep. As soon as they extract their heads from their asses then nobody will give a shit anymore. But right now the entire bunch has their heads squarely up their ass. So they need to rectify that problem or gtfo the diamond and let someone else give it a go.

vCash
    The whole point of a uniform in sports to create team unity. To create a bond to play as one for a common goal. Nothing says me me me me like 10 pieces of flare in regards to the uniform.

If a player wants everyone pulling the rope with the same amount of effort and dedication, start by symbolically expressing that by wearing the uniform properly and In the same fashion as everyone else.

Everyone were shorts, to the knees or to the ankles. Don't matter. Just be a damn team.

vCash
    Y'all are looking way too hard at something you wouldn't give two shits about if we were hitting the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ah. The petty BS that our fans complaint about when we're losing thread.

But....but.....that other team dresses better too!**

My solution is to get the hitters in our upcoming recruiting class in. Lot more power in that group. Looks like some of them can hit pretty well. Again- this offense and team is what it is. That hasn't changed. If we don't pitch and field we're probably losing.
    Has nothing to do with our losing nor playing bad. It looks like crap Todd, how bout have a more traditional MSU look!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Has nothing to do with our losing nor playing bad. It looks like crap Todd, how bout have a more trditional MSU look!
    Yeah. That's why it was brought up before the last five weeks.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. That's why it was brought up before the last five weeks.**
    No it’s been talked about from where I sit at games. I wonder what Paul Gregory or Ron Polk would say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    The whole point of a uniform in sports to create team unity. To create a bond to play as one for a common goal. Nothing says me me me me like 10 pieces of flare in regards to the uniform.

If a player wants everyone pulling the rope with the same amount of effort and dedication, start by symbolically expressing that by wearing the uniform properly and In the same fashion as everyone else.

Everyone were shorts, to the knees or to the ankles. Don't matter. Just be a damn team.
    Man guys would wear their pants at different heights across the decades while in the same team.. Some would have it right below the knee, some too upper calf and some would have them down low enough to show just 2-3? of stirrups. You can see evidence of that for decades and same team. Heck it is was alternative when guys went to the really high look again after the lower and long pant look took over. Your entitled to your opinion of what looks good, I?m not saying that but players have had different ideas about what they like and felt good for decades. And they would even change it up themselves for whatever reason. Lot of times it would go into the superstition/ritual aspect of the players psyche.

Look at this photo. You see a lot of guys only showing a few inches of stirrup but you see some showing above the curve. I can tell you for a fact that if you look at Clark, Brantley, Palmerio you can find a lot of photos of only the side stirrups showing right at the top of the calf at State. Then lower just above the ankle. When they were in the pros look at where the pant lengths were. I understand people like what they like, that?s fine but I know a lot of players, my self included didn?t always wear it the same all the time across the whole team. Had nothing to with a look at me deal, solely on how I felt and what felt good that day. Probably emulation of big leaguers a lot when I was younger.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...32?s=2048x2048

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    No it’s been talked about from where I sit at games. I wonder what Paul Gregory or Ron Polk would say.
    What they would say doesn't matter. It's a different era and has no bearing on performance. If our coaches were hard ass about it that could affect recruiting and then that would affect our play potentially.

Of course then we would have people complaining about how our coach is too strict and the players don't look like they're having fun when we're losing.

vCash
    Someone wrote who cares how they dress as long as.... so I gave reasons.

But I agree to your point. State is NOT losing the series because of pants. Arkansas is just more talented.

However if a player wants to point fingers and talk about team.... make the effort to button up your own jersey first.

vCash
    Someone wrote who cares how they dress as long as.... so I gave reasons.

But I agree to your point. State is NOT losing the series because of pants. Arkansas is just more talented.

However if a player wants to point fingers and talk about team.... make the effort to button up your own jersey first.
    I don't remember TA saying anything about how his teammates dressed.

Gautreau needs to tell some hitters to stop trying to pull everything like Josh Hatcher. And then if they go with the BS excuse this what my daddy wants me to do tell him to go sit with Landon Jordan and put Pimentel out there or move TA to first and Cumbest to the outfield.

And TA needs to work on his defense.

None of that has anything to do with how tall our players are or what they are wearing.

vCash
    Well they all have them down today. As if I give a shit. But the rest of you should be happy

vCash
    Somebody should really tell Franklin for ark that his pants are embarrassing. I'm sure ark fans would rather him wear them "properly" instead of hitting 3 hr in a weekend ****

vCash
    I'll tell you what looks bad. A bunch of old guys bitching about uniforms.

vCash

Exactly. You get it.

vCash
    I'm certain some posters here never played organized sports.