Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Like how TA pulled no punches in post game interview

vCash

Like how TA pulled no punches in post game interview

Basically said it was embarrassing getting our teeth kicked in on our home field. But more importantly to me, he called out some players by basically saying they think we can just walk out there and take the field and beat anyone without putting everything into every game. Obviously, he doesn't think some players are doing what it takes and "bringing it everyday" or we have that cocky attitude that comes back to bite you like this weekend. I've seen some people on here mentioning some the antics we see with our team, and maybe this is some of what TA is talking about. Anyway, glad to see one of our players call a spade a spade, and maybe these 2 a** whippings will pull some heads back out of the clouds to get a win today to salvage the weekend.

vCash
    Well, he misplayed a fly ball (not the first one this year), so I hope he's got a mirror.

vCash
    Some of this is shown in the way we dress at times, and that includes TA. Make everyone dress the same because they are a team, not individuals. Look like a bunch of middle age boys at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Some of this is shown in the way we dress at times, and that includes TA. Make everyone dress the same because they are a team, not individuals. Look like a bunch of middle age boys at times.
    I agree, also it seems to me players in the dugout are having "too much" fun. I'm all in for having fun, but you still have to be focused even if you aren't playing. Maybe getting our *ss kicked will wake up a few.

vCash
    I am going to be ripped for saying this .... but these guys don’t have college Athlete physiques. Other than Cumbest, they look either skinny or soft.

If I had access to MSU level equipment, trainers, and experts. I would look like a brick house. Especially if I had MLB aspirations, like top-5 pick. Displaying effortless power that makes scouts tremble.

When they are wearing the Jorts, all I see is chicken legs that are not even fast. Never mind the culture war, if you dress like Dion Sanders you better play like Dion Sanders. Prime Time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post

^^^This right here. Players should dress like they've been there and done that. Don't disrespect the uniform - wear it the way it should be worn. I'm surprised someone, a parent, an MSU baseball alum has not said anything to these kids about this.
    Last edited by InTheIttaBenaHotSun; 03-28-2021 at 10:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I agree, also it seems to me players in the dugout are having "too much" fun. I'm all in for having fun, but you still have to be focused even if you aren't playing. Maybe getting our *ss kicked will wake up a few.
    ^^^This. How many HR's has AR hit this weekend?? Now tell me how many times did the WHOLE team come out and greet each HR hitter? Now tell me how many times did AR jump around after they hit one of those HR's?? Tell me how many selfies were taken by an AR player after he hit a double this weekend??

vCash
    How players dress didn't matter when we played for a natty a few years ago or while we were making a run to the CWS. Doesn't matter now.

vCash
    Ok, so let me get this straight, if they wear different clothes then they will play better???

Well problem solved guys!

vCash
    It mattered then and it matters now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I am going to be ripped for saying this .... but these guys don’t have college Athlete physiques. Other than Cumbest, they look either skinny or soft.
    Even though he was trolling, Yancy may have hit on something. We have a bunch of slap hitters with little gap power. And even though Cumbest is a giant, he hits like he's 5'10".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    It mattered then and it matters now.
    Literally does not matter at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Ok, so let me get this straight, if they wear different clothes then they will play better???

If you dress like #### you play like a ####.....
    Last edited by InTheIttaBenaHotSun; 03-28-2021 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I am going to be ripped for saying this .... but these guys don’t have college Athlete physiques. Other than Cumbest, they look either skinny or soft..
    Exactly. Why even recruit someone shorter than 6 feet tall unless they are an absolute beast? We dont have enough big guys.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    How players dress didn't matter when we played for a natty a few years ago or while we were making a run to the CWS. Doesn't matter now.
    they weren't wearing jorts.

vCash

Well we will all look alike in the drunken church softball league unis today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    If you dress like #### you play like a ####.....
    That's total BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That's total BS.
    Totally agree! The length, color or material of the uniform literally has nothing to do with how they play

vCash
    As far as size goes, I think Lemonis has been looking to sign some of those big kids. The guy from Columbus and the 3B we stole from auburn come to mind. I think what we are seeing right now is that we are caught in a transition of sorts. Foscue and Westberg were both big kids and they have been replaced by three or four tiny players.

I read somewhere that Lemonis planned to recruit big bodied kids for the corners and taller/lankier kids up the middle. I won?t go any further so as to avoid the painful debate of recruiting 10th graders or 12 graders.

ETA: James is the body type that Lemonis wants up the middle but the glove screwed that up.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 03-28-2021 at 12:14 PM.

vCash
    Totally agree! The length, color or material of the uniform literally has nothing to do with how they play
    Some dress like “girls softball”! Say what u want but it looks bad! May not affect play but i think it’s “unkept”.