Pisses me off the advantage vandy has in baseball

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Nobody is beating Vandy 2/3 this year in Omaha
    You sir are absolutely correct

vCash
    Today isn't on the offense.

I think the issue may be more with some of the players based on their history. No idea why Rowdey struggles so badly early. Hatcher will get better too- but he has to make adjustments. Not sure what is going on with Dubrule- he may not be a SEC player. Which was always a concern. We don't have a Rooker or a Mangum and the only two guys with that kind of ceiling are Tanner and James. And I don't think either one are in that stratosphere. Allen and Hancock are good hitters but they're not going to take over a game and they don't have an all world supporting case surrounding them.

Some people didn't like Cohen "tinkering" with the lineup but at least he wouldn't just keep running a guy like Hatcher out there just because.

I'm all for putting Cumbest back out there and TA at first because there is a chance it improves us both offensively and defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Some people didn't like Cohen "tinkering" with the lineup but at least he wouldn't just keep running a guy like Hatcher out there just because.

I'm all for putting Cumbest back out there and TA at first because there is a chance it improves us both offensively and defensively.
    The silver lining with these loses is that a coach can make some moves that are due but needed a prompt. TA at first was rough to watch, but so is Hatcher batting. I wonder if a twitch athlete like Cumbest can’t learn 1B. This a big lad, pitcher, and a courageous football athlete. Hopefully, the coaches are already on week-4 of working him at 1B.

Dubrule is only 5 games into the SEC, so he was hitting poorly even before SEC ball was a factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    The silver lining with these loses is that a coach can make some moves that are due but needed a prompt. TA at first was rough to watch, but so is Hatcher batting. I wonder if a twitch athlete like Cumbest can’t learn 1B. This a big lad, pitcher, and a courageous football athlete. Hopefully, the coaches are already on week-4 of working him at 1B.

Dubrule is only 5 games into the SEC, so he was hitting poorly even before SEC ball was a factor.
    I don't mean this as a slight to Lemonis but he doesn't seem like someone that would try to do something creative like that. He' pretty much a what you see is what you get coach and player's are what they are. The thing about Cumbest is he's probably our top 3-4 defensive outfielders right now. He's better than TA. TA has played first before so a transition back there probably shouldn't be too hard.

To me Lemonis is at his best with a team like our 2019 team where roles were obvious and there wasn't a lot of adjusting needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    What the hell is that supposed to mean anyway
    Duh .. it means that the batter realizes he has two strikes.

Please tell me you were just kidding and you're really not as dense as your post!
    Last edited by BiscuitEater; 03-28-2021 at 11:11 AM.

vCash
    Great thread!

Would also like to add that our plate discipline sucks!!! How many games this year have we had that we've allowed the starting pitcher deep in the game because we've helped him keep his pitch count low?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Nobody is beating Vandy 2/3 this year in Omaha
    This Arkansas team definitely can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    They are the only team with a chance- but that ballpark in Omaha will choke them out flyball after flyball
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Great thread!

Would also like to add that our plate discipline sucks!!! How many games this year have we had that we've allowed the starting pitcher deep in the game because we've helped him keep his pitch count low?
    No doubt. We have zero plate discipline
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Duh .. it means that the batter realizes he has two strikes.

Please tell me you were just kidding and you're really not as dense as your post!
    I know they do it when they get 2 strikes. But what is that supposed to symbolize when you beat your chest like a gorilla. Just another stupid looking antic to me.

vCash
    I know they do it when they get 2 strikes. But what is that supposed to symbolize when you beat your chest like a gorilla. Just another stupid looking antic to me.
    It just means get tough basically. It's nothing. Who cares? Just another thing to bitch about that doesn't have anything to do with our real problems.

vCash
    It just means get tough basically. It's nothing. Who cares? Just another thing to bitch about that doesn't have anything to do with our real problems.
    To each his own. It doesn't really bother me though. Just dumb looking to me. Quit thinking about beating your chest and get ready for the next pitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm not sold on ark pitching just yet. Starters anyway. Sat and Sunday guys are meh at best. I think their pen is pretty good.

vCash
    To each his own. It doesn't really bother me though. Just dumb looking to me. Quit thinking about beating your chest and get ready for the next pitch.
    Every college team does something dumb looking. Every MLB team does too. It's just how it is.

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash
    It means even though you're at your last strike you are going to give your all for the team. Your not giving up. Jake M. started it a few years ago.

vCash
    Every college team does something dumb looking. Every MLB team does too. It's just how it is.
    I am disappointed in Lemonis for not having a more strict uniform dress code. It smacks of a lack of discipline on a team to have some players playing in what looks like gym shorts and then others playing with a bunch of gold chains on like Mr. T or something. I guess if they are good enough and win enough they can do whatever, but until then they should at least look like a TEAM and not a bunch of guys 'expressing' themselves and their individuality in their uniform attire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm not sold on ark pitching just yet. Starters anyway. Sat and Sunday guys are meh at best. I think their pen is pretty good.
    Both have ERAs around 3.00 which isn't horrible but yeah Arkansas' problem with pitching is inconsistency, lot of guys who look great one week then awful the next.

vCash
    Ok so just to make sure I have this correct. If eliminate,
    - short pants
    - long pants
    - gold chains
    - silver chains
    - goofy home run dances
    - chest pounding
    - and the most important, Cohen, Lemonis, GoTro...

We can win at all... If not, we won’t win 10 more games...