Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GoTro

Banned
    vCash

GoTro

How long does the guy keep getting a pass. We are Mississippi State. We recruit well. Our hitters just do not develop. Rowdy has regressed. Hatcher is no better at the plate than he was the day he got here. Cumbest and Pimentel should be murdering the ball. But aren?t. People can point to Foscue and westburg but I?m not sure they reached their full potential as hitters while here. I just think we should expect more than middle of the pack hitting in the sec. I?ve still never understood our fan base?s obsession with the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I?ve still never understood our fan base?s obsession with the guy.
    Pretty sure that started the Hendo year and the trip to OMAHA. It's proving tough to replace guys like Westburg and Foscue, let alone Mangum and MacNamee.

vCash
    I used to defend him but the fact that several of our hitters have regressed under his watch is alarming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I used to defend him but the fact that several of our hitters have regressed under his watch is alarming.
    But we still do the 2 strike chest bump, tho.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    But we still do the 2 strike chest bump, tho.**
    What the hell is that supposed to mean anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Is there anyone in our starting lineup that's shown considerable improvement from last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Is there anyone in our starting lineup that's shown considerable improvement from last year?
    James

vCash
    Ark smashed pitches/mistakes 400 ft.... we watch them go right down the gut or rolled them over to the SS...

vCash
    Lemon works the hitters as well. It's not just GoTro

Hatcher is hitting .215 plays every inning. Cumbust is hitting .346 and has to scrape for AB's. You give vets time to get out of a funk and Rowdy seems to be about to get out of his- but how much longer can you have a 1st baseman hitting .215? Thats ridiculous.

Skinner is going to help the line-up. Rowdy should wake up. Allen and James are going to hit over .300. Forsythe is a perfect 9 hole and Tanner will hit around .270. We have got to do better with our choices at 1B, 2B and get some production.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Hatcher is hitting .215 plays every inning. Cumbust is hitting .346 and has to scrape for AB's. You give vets time to get out of a funk and Rowdy seems to be about to get out of his- but how much longer can you have a 1st baseman hitting .215? Thats ridiculous.

Skinner is going to help the line-up. Rowdy should wake up. Allen and James are going to hit over .300. Forsythe is a perfect 9 hole and Tanner will hit around .270. We have got to do better with our choices at 1B, 2B and get some production.
    I personally don't think Leggett is the long term solution at 2nd base but we don't have a lot of other options if Dubrule is not going to hit. If he is the NCAA active hit leader then Jacksonville must play some really crappy competition. Even with the step up in competition you would think he could hit above .250.

vCash

Going to have to move Tanner Allen back to 1st base and start playing Cumbest in the OF. Cumbest strikes out way too much but at least he has potential. Who knows with more AB's he may be good by the postseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I personally don't think Leggett is the long term solution at 2nd base but we don't have a lot of other options if Dubrule is not going to hit. If he is the NCAA active hit leader then Jacksonville must play some really crappy competition. Even with the step up in competition you would think he could hit above .250.
    If Jordan hadn't quit, we could have moved Forsthe to 2nd base, Kam at SS, and Landon could have started at 3B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Going to have to move Tanner Allen back to 1st base and start playing Cumbest in the OF. Cumbest strikes out way too much but at least he has potential. Who knows with more AB's he may be good by the postseason.
    And i actually think Tanner is less of a defensive liability at 1B than he is in RF.

vCash

What is Clark's availability? Is he good to go yet? He's got to get ABs. 2B I'm not sure there's an answer right now.

5 runs on Saturday isn't great, but against the upper echelon of the SEC, we probably aren't going to squeeze much more out of this lineup. Make plays we should make and this game turns out a lot differently.

But I'm concerned about this lineup long term. It's going to have to scrap for runs. Our pitching hasn't done well this weekend and this team absolutely cannot beat the upper third of the SEC if we get the type pitching we've gotten this weekend. We knew that going in and we just have to live with it because talent wise, this is one of our weakest lineups of the last decade.

vCash
    If Jordan hadn't quit, we could have moved Forsthe to 2nd base, Kam at SS, and Landon could have started at 3B.
    I don't see Kam going back to SS, but I could have absolutely seen Landon Jordan taking Dubrule's spot at 2B. LJ screwed the team and himself over by just quitting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And i actually think Tanner is less of a defensive liability at 1B than he is in RF.
    I remember him being ok there. Or am I forgetting something, lol?

vCash
    Nope. James is not a SS- he is a future All-SEC 3rd baseman. But we could have made some type of damn adjustment. Jordan quitting certainly hurt and I hate he was so short-sighted in judgement.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    It?s a long season, fellas. Get hot at the end and make a run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    What is Clark's availability? Is he good to go yet? He's got to get ABs. 2B I'm not sure there's an answer right now.

5 runs on Saturday isn't great, but against the upper echelon of the SEC, we probably aren't going to squeeze much more out of this lineup. Make plays we should make and this game turns out a lot differently.

But I'm concerned about this lineup long term. It's going to have to scrap for runs. Our pitching hasn't done well this weekend and this team absolutely cannot beat the upper third of the SEC if we get the type pitching we've gotten this weekend. We knew that going in and we just have to live with it because talent wise, this is one of our weakest lineups of the last decade.
    We simply dont have the hitting to win the NC. We can be good enough to get to Omaha tho. The wind blowing out and the 2 misplays on flyballs changed the game today. Rowdy cant let that happen and Forsythe has got to grow up, take charge, and make the damn play on the other. No excuses.

We have got to figure out who will produce at 1B and 2B

vCash
    We simply dont have the hitting to win the NC. We can be good enough to get to Omaha tho. The wind blowing out and the 2 misplays on flyballs changed the game today. Rowdy cant let that happen and Forsythe has got to grow up, take charge, and make the damn play on the other. No excuses.

We have got to figure out who will produce at 1B and 2B
    We can win the NC if the wind is blowing In, keeping the moonshots in the park.

Maybe, We beat the Hogs 3-2 and 5-3 in a huge park with God keeping the balls on the warning track.