Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: La TECH game

vCash
    yeah but when or lose the next game this is the first time in many years i think we are close to being a good team again.

vCash
    Champ game at 11am.

vCash
    Not having 2 bigs playing at the same time clogging up the paint has made this team better.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not having 2 bigs playing at the same time clogging up the paint has made this team better.
    Yep, much better flow on offense. Shame it took Covid for Howland to figure that out.

vCash
    Amazing that folks on here bitch about Howland and Ado. Just shows their lack of basketball knowledge.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    I like the talent that we have, I know it was an up and down year but this team has grown up. I'd like to get another good player or 2 from the transfer portal to add to this if we have the available scholarships

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I like the talent that we have, I know it was an up and down year but this team has grown up. I'd like to get another good player or 2 from the transfer portal to add to this if we have the available scholarships
    You make a spot if an upgrade is available. We need to go all-in on next season if we keep the core here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You make a spot if an upgrade is available. We need to go all-in on next season if we keep the core here
    I agree, we lose Johnson and Ado right? I know we bring in two other guys, are there any other spots available?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I agree, we lose Johnson and Ado right? I know we bring in two other guys, are there any other spots available?
    Yes, Montgomery is transferring and there will be others.

vCash
    over 1K players already in the portal. Need staff breaking it down yesterday.

Possibly getting Brook's kid would be a good pick-up too
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    over 1K players already in the portal. Need staff breaking it down yesterday.

Possibly getting Brook's kid would be a good pick-up too
    Whoever we get needs to be vetted. We don't need a cancer. The chemistry on this team is outstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Memphis is playing as good as anyone in the country not named Gonzaga.
    No they aren't. They've been playing NIT teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Whoever we get needs to be vetted. We don't need a cancer. The chemistry on this team is outstanding.
    I don't trust our staff to properly evaluate and vet the portal. Nothing against them. You almost need a team of MIT grads to run the numbers.

vCash
    Our team has gained confidence and having fun! Winning 3 games against decent teams is what we needed not a one and done in the Big Dance.
    Ado is so much improved, a beast rebounder and defensive player. Baby “Charles Barkley” for La Tech was fun to watch. Very good player and only a freshman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Our team has gained confidence and having fun! Winning 3 games against decent teams is what we needed not a one and done in the Big Dance.
    Ado is so much improved, a beast rebounder and defensive player. Baby “Charles Barkley” for La Tech was fun to watch. Very good player and only a freshman.
    This NIT run of ours is like the perfect non-conference schedule. Saint Louis, Richmond, La Tech, Memphis

vCash
    Are we sure DJ is not headed to the draft? In the various national mock drafts, he is anywhere from a late first rounder to just a Top 100 guy. He is an old RS Sophomore as he will be 22 in July. Clearly needs to work on his handle and show he can be closer to 40% from 3 to reach his draft potential, but he is an intriguing prospect because of his length and ability to score. If he comes back then it could be a special season, but not sure I would fault him for going pro and letting his game develop in the G-League while getting paid.
    Last edited by CovertDawg; 03-27-2021 at 09:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    Are we sure DJ is not headed to the draft? In the various national mock drafts, he is anywhere from a late first rounder to just a Top 100 guy. He is an old RS Sophomore as he will be 22 in July. Clearly needs to work on his handle and show he can be closer to 40% from 3 to reach his draft potential, but he is an intriguing prospect because of his length and ability to score. If he comes back then it could be a special season, but not sure I would fault him for going pro and letting his game develop in the G-League while getting paid.
    He could but DJ needs to come back. He has several things to work on and an NCAAT run would kick him up to 1st round like Dampier and Jones did in 96.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    He could but DJ needs to come back. He has several things to work on and an NCAAT run would kick him up to 1st round like Dampier and Jones did in 96.
    In theory, I agree with you. It could be a very fun year for DJ at MSU next season plus I assume he would get his degree. And yes, there are many areas he can improve. That being said, I am sure agents will tell him that being almost 23 next year on draft day and getting picked in the first round basically never happens so it would be hard for him to improve his stock too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    In theory, I agree with you. It could be a very fun year for DJ at MSU next season plus I assume he would get his degree. And yes, there are many areas he can improve. That being said, I am sure agents will tell him that being almost 23 next year on draft day and getting picked in the first round basically never happens so it would be hard for him to improve his stock too much.
    in general it's not the agents- it's the entourage that you have to worry about usually. Of course one of them may try to become the agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Not bad for a team picked to finish 12th in the SEC
    Exactly