Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Arky game 2

vCash
    we sorta of waved the white flag by bringing in Koestler. He's not really a strikeout pitcher. No way he was getting us out of this jam unscaved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I wish we would recruit coast to coast more, like we used to.
    Not necessary. There's tons of good ball players within a 300 mile radius.

vCash
    Jeez we like to through pitches right down the middle. Koestler get away with 89 mph down the gut on full count. And we have now give up double digit runs. 10-5. Ouch

vCash
    What ya waiting on rowdy? Belt high heater that you watch go by and then in true fashion ground into a DP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Not necessary. There's tons of good ball players within a 300 mile radius.
    Agree and disagree. Competitive, yes, but why limit yourself..

vCash
    Damn we look sick against Kopps. Dude throwing 80% sliders

vCash
    Jesus Hatcher that is awful. GoTro needs to get off the notepad and fix this shit

vCash
    Two ABs in a row Hatcher did the same thing. We look ready to quit

vCash
    Then we have freaking rundown between 1st and 2nd and let the guy score from third. Guess we forgot about him. Lead off walk ends up scoring.

vCash
    Kopps just bending us over and making us like it. It's like we don't know he's throwing sliders 85% of the time.

vCash
    Our offense still sucks. I know we had the 5 run 'explosion' today but we put up 3 in the first and then only get 2 more the entire rest of the game. Much of it against their supposed suspect bullpen. Arkansas, for those who aren't aware, has the highest team ERA in the SEC.

vCash
    If I was a betting man I'd bet a 100 we get swept tomorrow

vCash
    Guess we will find out tomorrow if we can salvage anything out of this. We really need to get the lead again early to hopefully get to Sims to have a chance. And we HAVE to make the routine plays in the field. I sure hope some of our guys get the bats going sometime this year. Do we have a guy over .300 right now??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Our offense still sucks. I know we had the 5 run 'explosion' today but we put up 3 in the first and then only get 2 more the entire rest of the game. Much of it against their supposed suspect bullpen. Arkansas, for those who aren't aware, has the highest team ERA in the SEC.
    That is troubling because Kopps made us look very stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    If I was a betting man I'd bet a 100 we get swept tomorrow
    Definitely need to see what kind of mental makeup this team has. I'm a tad worried at the moment.

vCash
    You may be right about the 14-16 finish. We're not as good as we thought. I really thought we were over ranked anyway but I didnt' think our pitching would be exposed like it has the last 3 SEC games. It's been bad.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Definitely need to see what kind of mental makeup this team has. I'm a tad worried at the moment.
    Rechecked the latest stats and they are actually 12th out of 14 at the moment but their pitching staff is not supposed to be their strength by any means.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Well, we may not be as talented as Arkansas but...... mohawks, chains, unbuttoned jersey, shorts.......drip, drip, ...most SWAG in the conference.

Frustration setting in.
    Ok, as an old fart who grew up listening to and watching MLB, I'm going to take the opportunity to weigh in on this out of frustration. It's time for baseball teams to start looking like they were meant to look, and that includes the long PJ bottoms as well as those sissy-assed skorts that now seem to be popping up. If you want to see what a real baseball team should look like, look no farther than Texas A&M. You won't see pajamas or shorts or any of that crap - standard over the knee length pants with high stirrups (some low). A bunch of these guys need haircuts and shaving gear, too. There, I've said my piece, but I don't feel much better . . . . . .

vCash
    We just don't have the bats to compete with the teams better pitchers. I been saying all year 4 and 5 runs were not going to win a lot of games.
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    What ya waiting on rowdy? Belt high heater that you watch go by and then in true fashion ground into a DP.
    He does it almost every single at bat this season. Every time he comes up to the plate on a weekend series he watches one down the pipe to be 0-1. Seriously, he did swing at the first pitch strike in the mid week game two weeks ago and hit a double. Other than that, he likes to watch the 90 mph fastball down the plate go by, and then swing at the low breaking ball out of his wheel house for a grounder or pop up.
    Downvotes_Hype