Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mississippi State vs Wal Mart University Game Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Didn’t Arkansas lose 16-1 to an unranked team a week ago?

Bad games happen, we can still win the series. Even if we don’t we’ll be fine.
    Exactly. Baseball isn't the sport for chicken littles.

vCash
    only good thing about tonight is that we didn't use Brandon Smith. We've got 7 really strong arms for these next 2 games: Bednar, Smith, Sims, Fristoe, Harding, Preston Johnson, and Stinnnett.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    only good thing about tonight is that we didn't use Brandon Smith. We've got 7 really strong arms for these next 2 games: Bednar, Smith, Sims, Fristoe, Harding, Preston Johnson, and Stinnnett.
    I didn?t like it but the way he worked the staff it seemed we were almost conceding tonight. After the 1st we were drained of energy with our coaches and players. I hate watching a game like that. Felt we were never in it and just wanted it over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We took two of three from a top 10-15 team last week. We've got two more games this weekend. I'll take my chances. It's baseball, not football.
    LSU is not a top 15 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    LSU is not a top 15 team.
    They will be.

vCash
    They will be.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    I?ll buy all the Omaha tickets anyone is selling.

vCash
    Hunter Renfroe
    He held the Mississippi High School record for HR's in a season for many years so yeah he could hit

vCash
    Hitting is a big concern, also it is troubling watching our "so call Ace" on Friday struggle with inconsistence. I'm not sure who or what we need to do with our lead off and 2nd guy in the lineup, but we need to try something else. Luke Hancock is the only guy I have seen that hits the ball hard or solid, Allen needs to get going as he is the veteran on this team.

Seems the last several years Arkansas has had our number. Solid club the Hogs have!

Btw, Stone Simmons was impressive last night. Throws 91 to 93 and has a nice slider, keeps the ball down and for a freshman was pretty calm and in control. I really like this kid's makeup!
    Last edited by basedog; 03-27-2021 at 08:08 AM.

vCash
    Good grief, to call folks concerned about this team's offense 'chicken littles' is about the most ridiculous thing i have read on a message board in quite a while. This team has a 20 game track record (mostly against non-SEC teams) and the offense is NOT good. Its not about one game like Arkansas had against Alabama. Even hitters that are experienced in this lineup seem to have regressed from what they have done in the past. And yes, we took 2 of 3 from LSU but the offense wasn't good there either and in 2 of the 3 games we only scored 3 runs so we were fortunate to hold LSU down enough to get the 2 wins. The goal around here is to get to Omaha and have a shot at a NC, not just be a 'good team'. Yes, we are absolutely a Top 20 team right now, but unless we start finding more offense somewhere, its going to be extremely difficult to compete at the level we all want to compete at. You can't really ask your pitching and defense to go out and hold the opposition to 1 or 2 runs every game when playing the top competition in the country.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 03-27-2021 at 09:33 AM.

vCash
    They will be.
    I will place a healthy bet against this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I will place a healthy bet against this
    I am in on that one too. They were 22nd going into yesterday and lost to TN. They are not trending in the right direction to crack the top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Good grief, to call folks concerned about this team's offense 'chicken littles' is about the most ridiculous thing i have read on a message board in quite a while. This team has a 20 game track record (mostly against non-SEC teams) and the offense is NOT good. Its not about one game like Arkansas had against Alabama. Even hitters that are experienced in this lineup seem to have regressed from what they have done in the past. And yes, we took 2 of 3 from LSU but the offense wasn't good there either and in 2 of the 3 games we only scored 3 runs so we were fortunate to hold LSU down enough to get the 2 wins. The goal around here is to get to Omaha and have a shot at a NC, not just be a 'good team'. Yes, we are absolutely a Top 20 team right now, but unless we start finding more offense somewhere, its going to be extremely difficult to compete at the level we all want to compete at. You can't really ask your pitching and defense to go out and hold the opposition to 1 or 2 runs every game when playing the top competition in the country.
    The O is not good in 2021, but some veteran players have been better in years past. Plus, they are 3-4 year experienced men, they should make the leap. Right now, nobody has made a positive leap. We have too many slap hitters or guys acting like slap hitters. They are going to wear out SEC 2nd basemen with grounders to field. David Meche should play if Dubrule and Leggett are only going to hit 230-250. Sound heretical but even Hatcher and Rowdey can sit if they continue to hit like freshmen much longer. We have Clark and McDonald that need investment.

Hatcher is too skinny, he still has the freshman body plan, seems he should be Rooker-Sized by now. Too late now, only 2.5 months left of college ball. I hope James stays another year, he could easily manage another 20 more pounds of raw power. MLB would regard him a freak 1B with the skills to play SS and steal bases. Matt Carpenter- The Skynet Edition.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 03-27-2021 at 12:56 PM.