Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With Houston Harding coming in relief

vCash

With Houston Harding coming in relief

against North Alabama that pretty much tells us what we all knew was going to happen with the rotation.

The next step to me is getting Cerentola ready to start against Grambling and start trying to get him right/find him a role on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

The next step to me is getting Cerentola ready to start against Grambling.
    Would prefer him to work innings 5-9 after a double digit lead is built.

vCash
    Agreed Todd. Harding will either start Sunday in hopes of giving us 4-5 innings, or come on in long relief to give us 2-5 innings (and Fristoe will start Sunday).

vCash
    Now MSU will be super competitive in 3 SEC ballgames - relative the pitching.

Now Gatreaux has to fix the bats. Leggett has Dubrule in his sights.

If McDonald keeps hitting when given the chance, he might force his way in like Forsythe did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

If McDonald keeps hitting when given the chance, he might force his way in like Forsythe did.
    Who do you put on the bench for McDonald? Can he play another position besides OF or would we move TA back to first (he wasn't a very good defensive 1st baseman)?

vCash
    I think McDonald had a chance before Skinner came back, but I don't see how he can now.

Leggett winning the second base job would actually be big bc he's a right handed bat, but I just don't think he's that good of a hitter unless he's made leaps and bounds since last year. Dubrule is the vet and will have to continue to slump very bad to lose it imo.

vCash

Legget punched out against bad pitching 3 times last night. I know he had 2 hits, but thats not going to help his cause much. He's going to have to play some though, I get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think McDonald had a chance before Skinner came back, but I don't see how he can now.

Leggett winning the second base job would actually be big bc he's a right handed bat, but I just don't think he's that good of a hitter unless he's made leaps and bounds since last year. Dubrule is the vet and will have to continue to slump very bad to lose it imo.
    This.

vCash
    Pretty much means Fristoe is the SP on Sunday- as he should be.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Legget punched out against bad pitching 3 times last night. I know he had 2 hits, but thats not going to help his cause much. He's going to have to play some though, I get it.
    Dubrule does have better ABs but when you are hitting 250 with limited power, this can happen. Leggett is getting hits between his Ks (small sample size)

Dubrule was 1-12 vs LSU. That’s pretty bad for a lead off guy. Leggett matched him for hits in just 2 ABs

vCash
    Debrule is 4/23 the last 2 weekends
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Debrule is 4/23 the last 2 weekends
    No doubt he's in a funk. Just don't know if Legget is the answer. Last night's hat trick certainly didn't give me the warm and fuzzies. Every UNA pitcher was terrible. And its not like he K'd on a bad called third he swung and missed at crap out of the zone on 84mph FB up. Twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Who do you put on the bench for McDonald? Can he play another position besides OF or would we move TA back to first (he wasn't a very good defensive 1st baseman)?
    Its Messy. But process of elimination says Hatcher is not producing. Maybe Hancock can play 1B. That opens the DH role for TA and McDonald plays RF.

Its still early for a drastic move, but a 239 senior 1st baseman is very disappointing.

vCash
    Meanwhile in Chattahoochie Valley CC

Mason Land is hitting 400 and 3 bombs. Yeah, it’s JC ball but he mysteriously transferred when we got Dubrule

vCash

Mason Land is hitting 400 and 3 bombs. Yeah, it’s JC ball but he mysteriously transferred when we got Dubrule
    He transferred before we got debrule.

vCash
    Its Messy. But process of elimination says Hatcher is not producing. Maybe Hancock can play 1B. That opens the DH role for TA and McDonald plays RF.

Its still early for a drastic move, but a 239 senior 1st baseman is very disappointing.
    TA isn't going to be the dh. I guess if Hatcher keeps struggling he can go back to first. But he won't be the dh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    TA isn't going to be the dh. I guess if Hatcher keeps struggling he can go back to first. But he won't be the dh.
    Yeah, the only way McDonald could play would be Allen to 1B and McDonald to RF. Not sure if that's worth it b/c it makes us weaker defensively at both spots. Just need Hatcher to get going-he looked good Friday night vs LSU. Maybe we just platoon Leggett and Dubrule at 2B. I would still lean to Dubrule.

vCash

Land would probably be starting at 2B for us. According to Gene, he just wasn't a fit in Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Land would probably be starting at 2B for us. According to Gene, he just wasn't a fit in Starkville.
    Correct. Had land stayed dubrule wouldn't have been pushed to get. land just didn't like it. For whatever reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That was disappointing. Land was the freshman that they talked about being a 3 hole type hitter. I’m going to take it that he just didn’t like being at State and in Starkville, similar to many coaches wives?

He is gone, someone tell us what the problem was. I have been curious.