Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Basketball Recruitng

vCash

Women's Basketball Recruitng

Here's a more than solid power forward just listed in the transfer portal today.....

Kennedi Myles (Unversity Of Illinois), listed as a 6-2 sophomore power forward, recently entered the transfer portal

This past season at Illinois (2020-21).....
    8.7 points per game
    8.0 rebounds per game
    37 assists
    35 steals
    64% free throw
    36% field goal, 79-218
    27.7 minutes per game

Freshman season at Illinois (2019-20).....
    8.9 points per game
    8.7 rebounds per game
    251 rebounds (freshman record)
    8 double doubles (freshman record)
    33 assists
    61 steals
    21 blocks
    38% field goal
    48% free throw
    28.0 minutes per game
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-26-2021 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    jdelta, I give you mad props for still caring about WBB because quite frankly NMP killed that for me within half of a season.

vCash
    Jdelta, I admire your "give a shit" when it comes to women's basketball.

vCash
    What?s with that terrible fg% for a post player?

Changing subject but on WBB - anybody see the highlights of that Iowa freshman be UK? Girl can shoot

vCash
    Need post players in a bad way.

vCash
    Let?s see.

Cohen hired a Baseball Coach that had a similar philosophy to his, but the guy couldn?t keep it zipped, so he hired another baseball coach with a similar philosophy to his in Lemonis and things keep rolling.

Cohen hires a Football Coach who immediately wants to change what State did under Mullen, and the guy falls flat. Cohen hires another Football coach who is even more opposite to Mullen?s philosophy and we immediately have an even worse season, although the jury is not out on Leach.

Cohen hires a women?s basketball coach who?s philosophy is not only diametrically opposite the previous coach, her personality and relationship style with the players goes 180 of the former. But she like Leach, gets another year to see if ?her? way will work in the SEC.

Cohen promotes a Softball Coach and the team with two of its best players ever has some success but still sits near the lower half of the SEC.

If MBkB doesn?t have an immediate resurgence next year, Cohen will likely be hiring a new coach. Odds are they will have a completely different philosophy from our current coach

I detect a pattern. Cohen hires Baseball Coaches to keep things going but hires basketball and football coaches to tear it down and rebuild it in their image.

vCash
    Watching Vic advance to the sweet 16 last night makes me really wish Blair had more coaching experience. I'd love to see Blair replace NMP and bring women's basketball back to glory.

vCash
    Miss. State's women's basketball team has gotten physically exposed in the low post area fairly regularly over the last couple of seasons. (Note) Good example...South Florida's 6 feet tall center (Bethy Mununga) physically dominating Miss. State in the game this past season...Carter 6-5, Cooks 6-4, Morris 6-6...all struggled to matchup, lack of blocking out, rebounding issues, issues finishing at the rim, post defense, fouling, ect. Jessika Carter is mostly finesse, continues to show flashes. Continued improvement in executing low post fundamentals and consistency appear big keys with her. Listed at 6 feet and not a lot of weight...Madson Hayes is currently the toughest player Miss. State has in the post area. Frontcourt appears a priority (especially having 3 frontcourt players in Morris Cooks, Wiggins..all being in the transfer portal)...help in the frontcourt, especially low post.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-26-2021 at 03:59 PM.

vCash
    Yep we need a few that are willing to be physical even if they struggle to score. We can?t cannot continue to get abused on the boards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Watching Vic advance to the sweet 16 last night makes me really wish Blair had more coaching experience. I'd love to see Blair replace NMP and bring women's basketball back to glory.
    I'd take her right now, can't be any worse. Just back to respectable would be a nice start.

Vic took a program with trouble to sweet 16 in 1.5 seasons?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'd take her right now, can't be any worse. Just back to respectable would be a nice start.

I would too. A few growing pains and learning on the job but so what? Look at this Charlie Foxtrot we find ourselves in right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Cohen hires a Football Coach who immediately wants to change what State did under Mullen, and the guy falls flat. Cohen hires another Football coach who is even more opposite to Mullen?s philosophy and we immediately have an even worse season, although the jury is not out on Leach.
    What Joe wanted to do on the field isn't that different from Mullen, and Leach isn't that different than Mullen philosophically from a leadership standpoint. I think the only pattern you can really identify with Cohen is that he goes for some attribute that's "outside the box;" not necessarily how or what direction outside the box it goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    What Joe wanted to do on the field isn't that different from Mullen, and Leach isn't that different than Mullen philosophically from a leadership standpoint. I think the only pattern you can really identify with Cohen is that he goes for some attribute that's "outside the box;" not necessarily how or what direction outside the box it goes.
    Say what? LOL

vCash
    Illinois transfer, 6-2 power forward Kennedi Myles is available. My opinion...she's in the conversation for the best power forward currently in the transfer portal, and her rebounding numbers over the past two seasons are very good. Would be a good fit on the frontcourt beside Rickea Jackson.and Jessika Carter. Myles is more than solid handing the ball in transition..very good ball handler. Also, a reported Miss. State offer to 6-5 junior college power forward a few months ago, offered some high school post players. (mostly class of 2022 and beyond power forwards, centers) as well.

Last edited by jdelta02; 03-29-2021 at 04:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    She could live in Vic's $2M house ....

No idea if she's coaching material or not. I seem to recall that she had several career goals while playing for us, and none involved basketball (except maybe being a color commentator a time or two, but I don't think that was a goal).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Just one season, wasn't it - this season. He was still at State this time last year, or maybe had just left.

vCash
    Not really sure what the point is of posting about some random WBB player that went into the portal unless there is some real tangible mutual interest shown between her and MSU. Right now we should be working to at least keep some of the players we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Not really sure what the point is of posting about some random WBB player that went into the portal unless there is some real tangible mutual interest shown between her and MSU. Right now we should be working to at least keep some of the players we have.
    Random transfer portal players...have proven to be game changers for basketball programs. Remember Coach Schaefer coming out of the transfer portal with....Anriel Howard, Jordan Danberry. Also, he got his starting point guard at Texas out of the transfer portal, (Note)Texas recently advanced to the Elite 8. Teams (SEC, others) are beating Miss. State aided in part by the transfer portal. Kentucky, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, ect....transfer portal. Ole Miss...transfer portal. Remember Ole Miss from last season? This season....way different.

A team can go from last place in the SEC to first place in a single season using the transfer portal.....it's possible. Or go from first to last losing players. Bottom feeder to national championship in a single season....possible. Transfer portal (including the new NCAA eligibility rules) is available. Still, fainting is not an option regardless.

This new era (example)...
    Teams lose most or a good bit their players (roster) to tranferring out, and still make the NCAA Tourney or further the next season aided heavily by the newcomers (including transfer portal).

Keep the players that want to stay, and the ones that want to leave...it's their choice, their right, and new NCAA rules. Help give them support as they move forward. Program moves forward, not faint, keeps keeping on.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-30-2021 at 12:46 PM.

vCash
    Robbie Faulk tweeted earlier indicating that he thinks that's it for Miss. State women's basketball players transferring out from what he's hearing.

Also, saw something online about a Tulane transfer (in transfer portal) following Miss State related accounts on Twitter. Saw something related to another player in the transfer portal as well. Regardless, in my opinion..despite what some fans may think of the direction of the women's basketball program, very talented players in the portal and elsewhere are continuing to give Miss. State serious looks in consideration of coming in. They still see Miss. State as a viable option, possible come up move for them.

Jasmine Shavers and the other 2 high school kids (Carter and Moore) are already signed. Temple transfer Ashley Jones expected eligible next season..
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-30-2021 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Robbie Faulk tweeted earlier indicating that he thinks that's it for Miss. State women's basketball players transferring out from what he's hearing.

Also, saw something online about a Tulane transfer (in transfer portal) following Miss State related accounts on Twitter. Saw something related to another player in the transfer portal as well. Regardless, in my opinion..despite what some fans may think of the direction of the women's basketball program, very talented players in the portal and elsewhere are continuing to give Miss. State serious looks in consideration of coming in. They still see Miss. State as a viable option, possible come up move for them.

Jasmine Shavers and the other 2 high school kids (Carter and Moore) are already signed. Temple transfer Ashley Jones expected eligible next season..
    AND we give a 17 because the problem is still here.