Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Given the Kristin Noem South Dakota situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    when the polar shift stops all the ice caps will come back.
    Gen 8:22 - As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."

Nothing man can do will alter the earth's existence. It will end when it is time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am considering tucking my penis, duct taping it and winning me a Gold Medal in women's weight lifting. *******
    Heard this the other day, there are 76 men in high school who can break the world record in womens 200m held by Florence Joiner Kersey.

Men and women are not the same. That is basic science too. Guess someone will find me a woman who beat a man in a sport. That is an exception not the norm on average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I didn't say they did. I am just demonstrating how R2 Dawg's point that Y chromosome = male isn't strictly true.
    You say this stuff as if your ideology doesn't condone puberty blockers and chopadickoffme surgeries for minors. For years you poo-poo slippery slopes and once those slopes are gone just continue to poo-poo the next slippery slope. Well the demons are here now and have power in this country. Congrats.

For anyone interested in the big money pushing this garbage upon us, read Scott Howard's book - Transgender Industrial Complex

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-t...ard/1138336926

vCash
    Some of you miss the resulting problem. The male has a physical advantage over the female athlete. Example as jack posted earlier about weight lifting no woman would beat him. This gives an unfair advantage to the transgender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Heard this the other day, there are 76 men in high school who can break the world record in womens 200m held by Florence Joiner Kersey.

Men and women are not the same. That is basic science too. Guess someone will find me a woman who beat a man in a sport. That is an exception not the norm on average.
    There was noone named Florence Joiner Kersey. You seem to be getting two people's names mixed up. There was Florence Griffith Joyner and Jackie Joyner-Kersee.

I get your point though. Men have significant advantages over women in sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I can't say I'm fully on board with the precedent being set at the moment, but I highly doubt this invasion of transgender athletes in women's sports that some of you have been led to believe in actually comes to pass.

Also interesting how so many didn't give half a damn about women's sports until their political demagogues told them to.
    There is a big difference between not caring to watch women's sports and not thinking there should be women's sports. I don't really watch any women's sports, but I want girls to have access to them, especially in high school. What's the harm in letting them have their own sports so that they have a legitimate chance to compete for state and national titles?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    There is way more than meets the eye with her situation. From my understanding she believes to protect woman's sports she has to get more states on board. If not, the NCAA will come down and crush her progress and keep all of South Dakoda out of the NCAA. She sent the legislation back with amendments, and she stated that what was being reported about the situation was straight lies.

I obviously don't know where you folks lean politically. But, it is a very interesting situation.

I just hate it for sports, the moment politics dipped its toes into sports was not a good day.
    There's really not way more than meets the eye. South Dakota is nominally the home of a lot of banks. If you look at your credit card agreements, you are probably agreeing to arbitrate in South Dakota and to be subject to South Dakota courts. There are also supposedly some significant Amazon facilities there although I don't know what they are.

So basically wokesters convinced her that the banks (and maybe Amazon) would decamp from South Dakota and they'd blow a big hole in the budget and her national ambitions would be dashed. I'm not sure banks really would have gone through the expense of relocating, even if there's not much physically to relocate. It's easy for a wokester executive to claim they're going to do that; but they might not want to explain to their board or shareholders that they are spending money to avoid south dakota because they want women sports to be for women. But NOem almost certainly killed her presidential chances here, so she was apparently convinced the people claiming to represent the banks weren't bluffing.

The NCAA stuff I think is barely relevant. South Dakota having to compete against men on other NCAA teams wouldn't usually be an issue. I think that was just another thing the wokester lobbyists demanded.