Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis Radio show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Struggling midweek is not going to happen. Koestler, Tullar, or Stone Simmons can take care of the midweek. Harding is marquee and necessary for the SEC.

In fact you could platoon Tullar and Simmons on midweeks to get them both ready for later. These guys can be a right and left JP France for us.
    Yeah, you need 8 arms for an SEC weekend. We know who our top 8 guys are at the moment. Finding 1 or 2 more to be matchup guys would be nice. It seems Chase Patrick may have the edge from the right side. Maybe Tullar can continue to get work in the midweek until he is ready. Tullar, Carmouche, and Rokose from the left. Gotta think Tullar would have the edge for this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    This is true, but over the course of the season you want your best hitters getting the most AB's. Not sure if that's the case right now at the 1 and 2 hole.
    Who you want there?? A case for Hancock can be made. Past that I'm not sure who. Skinner is a burner that if he hits ground balls maybe. But he's not an elite hitter yet. Not close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I'm not saying you have to start Harding on Sunday, but you need another lefty on the weekend. We have no lefty arms on the weekend in the pen right now that we trust to throw.
    This I agree with. And I think we need him out of the pen to make us the best we can be. Not saying he can't be a capable starter. He can. But w our staff, I think sec and regional time he's better served in the pen. And very valuable no doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I don't think you mess with Harding midweek. I understand we've got a lot of quality arms. But one way to mess things up is to start struggling mid week.

Starting Harding mid week pretty much guarantees us a win and gives us wiggle room if we have an off night hitting, which we are going to have mid week sometimes.

I think Fristoe is an absolute must start on Sunday though. And you can use Harding for an inning or 2 on Sunday as his "bullpen session". I don't know that substituting Harding in Sunday relief is the trade off really. Win your midweek and get the week started off solid and allow Harding to get starting innings.
    I would agree with this in a normal year and decent opponents. But our good out of conference opponents are about gone. And the roster is week to week. So roll w Johnny whole staff tomorrow and go from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What is UPig?s starting hitting line-up look like RHB?s vs LHB?s?
    They are right handed heavy. Had eight righties in the lineup on Sunday when Bama threw a lefty. Five righties and two switch hitters in the other two games when Bama threw a righty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Who you want there?? A case for Hancock can be made. Past that I'm not sure who. Skinner is a burner that if he hits ground balls maybe. But he's not an elite hitter yet. Not close.
    Looking at the numbers with a few X factors:
    1. Hancock
    2. Kam James
    3. TA
    4. LT
    5. Hatch
    6. Skinner
    7. RJ
    8. Dubrule
    9. LF

vCash
    This is so easy. We are what we are.

MacLeoud and Bednar are obvious. I think they want to make sure that Fristoe doesn't get burned out while at the same time getting him experience. Harding/Fristoe as a Sunday match up makes sense. Some people don't like our schedule midweek and playing SWAC teams but that could turn out to be blessing for us this year because we can start Cerentola against those teams spot them a couple of runs an still win. But to be positive it will give Cerentola a chance to get right. Short term I start Harding to get him some work against North Alabama. But pull him early so he can start/relieve against Arkansas.

Sims, Smith, Preston Johnson, Koestler and Stinnett need to be the primary bullpen guys. Maybe Simmons too.

Yeah the lineup probably needs to be tweaked as far as the batting order goes. The thing is Lemonis knows that most of the guys struggling now will turn it on late in the year. Give LSU some credit- their Friday guy is a possible first round pick and their Saturday guy is a really good college pitcher and better right now than Hill their Friday guy. Their Sunday guy is inconsistent but getting behind helped them out immensely and hurt us.

Skinner may emerge as the leadoff guy. We just don't have a ton of PA's to go by. Eventually I think we will maybe see

1. Skinner
    2. TA
    3. Rowdey
    4. Kam
    5. Tanner
    6. Hancock
    7. Hatcher- could see Pimentel get a chance soon too.
    8. Forsyth
    9. Dubrule

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hancock needs as many at bats as possible.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I’d stick Hancock in the two hole. He knows the zone and gives good ABs. As far as lead off I don’t know that we have a great option at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I’d stick Hancock in the two hole. He knows the zone and gives good ABs. As far as lead off I don’t know that we have a great option at the moment.
    You could just go hard right out of the gate.

Hancock, James, Allen, Tanner, Rowdey, Hatcher, Dubrule, Forsythe, Skinner.

vCash
    Skinner
    Hancock
    TA
    James
    LT
    Rowdey
    Hatcher
    Dubrule
    Forsythe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    Skinner
    Hancock
    TA
    James
    LT
    Rowdey
    Hatcher
    Dubrule
    Forsythe
    Can’t see em goin L, L, L all in a row to start.

vCash
    Correct.

vCash
    and L,L,L to end it. That's 6 in a row w our 2 rh hitters together w rowdey after that. That's a pitching coaches dream as far as a bullpen matchup decision.

vCash
    and L,L,L to end it. That's 6 in a row w our 2 rh hitters together w rowdey after that. That's a pitching coaches dream as far as a bullpen matchup decision.
    Forsythe is a R

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Forsythe is a R
    that is correct. error on my part. We would still try to avoid the three in a row at the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Hancock needs as many at bats as possible.
    Can he go practice somewhere else where outs won't cost the dawgs a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What is UPig?s starting hitting line-up look like RHB?s vs LHB?s?
    So far the lineup most of the year has been:

S
    R
    L
    R
    L
    S
    L
    R (maybe)
    R

I say maybe in the 8-hole because LF is the only position unsettled. The other guy splitting time there is a lefty. The righty (Braydon Webb) is a returning starter but is only hitting .065 so I'm not sure how many more chances he will get. The roster as a whole has a lot of power and IMO will finish top 3 in the SEC in home runs at the end of the season but I believe we also currently lead the SEC in strikeouts, very aggressive. Part of why we either score 0-1 runs or 9-10 any given game it seems like.

vCash
    Mikey Tepper has been announced as the starter for tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Mikey Tepper has been announced as the starter for tomorrow.
    Only question now is Fristoe or Harding for Sunday?