Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Wade...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    The post is about the NCAA more than anything or about LSUs decision to thumb their nose at any infractions. A coach was caught on tape and was still coaching a team in the tourney. That?s the story.
    Yeah, the same NCAA that knew about coot for croots and turned a blind eye b/c it would have imploded a football program and the resulting shock waves would have shook college football as a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This will all linger on until it just disappears.
    Yes that will be the result - See Bruce Pearl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    This is different from blue blood preferential treatment. You'll see the big guys get off easy after holding onto an NCAA-embattled coach, pending official ruling, for longer than they should as long as there's plausible deniability, but when's the last time a school held on for any length of time after they've got a guy dead-to-rights on direct, hard evidence? I'm having trouble thinking of a single other instance.
    Auburn, Olemiss, etc. but I agree this one is bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    FIFY
    Prison is too harsh probably, out of coaching for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I've never changed my mind on cheating. It is never OK to cheat. Earn it the right way or don't do it. I have never said we have to get the best players to compete. Yes you need talent but there is plenty of talent out there we at MSU have proven that over and over without cheating.

Don't try to confuse my comments with others.

R2Dawg, sorry for the confusion, I was agreeing with you and adding comment against others that post that MSU should cheat on a major league scale in order to compete in athletics. I am against it as I think ethical behavior and morality counts!

vCash
    Auburn, Olemiss, etc. but I agree this one is bad.
    When has an employed representative of either of those been caught on tape explicitly discussing the violations they personally committed, and still kept their job until the official conclusion of the subsequent investigation? Ole Miss dumped Freeze within days (hours?) of the infamous phone call being uncovered; the equivalent to Wade would be if he'd kept his job another two and a half years until the investigation was concluded and punishments were handed down.

I really think this one might be an unprecedented level of brazenness, at least in any definition of the "modern" era of the NCAA.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Will Wade coaching for a sweet 16 trip while we have public recordings of him on FBI wiretaps discussing paying a player. Just incredible.
    Seeing them lose is so comforting. Now if only Arkansas and Alabama will lose.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That's what happens when the state media and even the state government does whatever it takes to protect the only major in-state school. If we had the same things going on that LSU does, the Clarion Ledger would have a field day.
    This is it 100%

vCash
    When has an employed representative of either of those been caught on tape explicitly discussing the violations they personally committed, and still kept their job until the official conclusion of the subsequent investigation? Ole Miss dumped Freeze within days (hours?) of the infamous phone call being uncovered; the equivalent to Wade would be if he'd kept his job another two and a half years until the investigation was concluded and punishments were handed down.

I really think this one might be an unprecedented level of brazenness, at least in any definition of the "modern" era of the NCAA.
    I agree Wade's may be the worst but Tunsil was caught on live TV saying he got paid. Pretty bad too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    R2Dawg, sorry for the confusion, I was agreeing with you and adding comment against others that post that MSU should cheat on a major league scale in order to compete in athletics. I am against it as I think ethical behavior and morality counts!
    No problem. Easy to misunderstand on these boards sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Seeing them lose is so comforting. Now if only Arkansas and Alabama will lose.
    Agree. I am ready for Bama to lose. The Bama fans are getting annoying over basketball now. Ready for them to get run out on a rail.

vCash
    I agree Wade's may be the worst but Tunsil was caught on live TV saying he got paid. Pretty bad too.
    Tunsil's was earth-shattering for sure, but he wasn't a committed representative of the accused party at that point, and he was vague about who exactly paid him, leaving plausible deniability intact for the OM staff and administration in place. That's what really puts Wade/LSU on another level - per known evidence, there is no way to spin that he wasn't personally involved and wasn't aware as a formally employed representative of the institution, investigation ongoing or otherwise, yet he's still there and coaching.

I don't mean to argue just for the sake of argument, I'm really just curious if there's a single other instance of a school staying the course with a coach in the face of overwhelmingly damning evidence without a shred of plausible deniability remaining.

vCash
    Tunsil's was earth-shattering for sure, but he wasn't a committed representative of the accused party at that point, and he was vague about who exactly paid him, leaving plausible deniability intact for the OM staff and administration in place. That's what really puts Wade/LSU on another level - per known evidence, there is no way to spin that he wasn't personally involved and wasn't aware as a formally employed representative of the institution, investigation ongoing or otherwise, yet he's still there and coaching.

I don't mean to argue just for the sake of argument, I'm really just curious if there's a single other instance of a school staying the course with a coach in the face of overwhelmingly damning evidence without a shred of plausible deniability remaining.
    I thought Tunsil said a coach paid him?

Auburn is about as bad too. FBI prosecuted a coach so they must have had concrete evidence. With Pearl's history, he should not have survived in my opinion. I agree Wade's may be the worst but people have gotten off with substantial evidence when the NCAA wants that to happen.

vCash
    I thought Tunsil said a coach paid him?

Auburn is about as bad too. FBI prosecuted a coach so they must have had concrete evidence. With Pearl's history, he should not have survived in my opinion. I agree Wade's may be the worst but people have gotten off with substantial evidence when the NCAA wants that to happen.
    While I'll continue to say not as airtight as Wade, Pearl and Auburn was pretty unbelievable to me too in its own way. Mind-blowing that in whatever fall that was a few years ago, the Auburn administration itself announced that Pearl was refusing to cooperate with an internal investigation... and now years have gone by without another word about it.

vCash
    I think its time to just eliminate the rules against extra benefits. All it does is keep schools like us, who the NCAA will actually go after, scared to do anything while Bama and Georgia are paying elite recruits 6 figures to come play for them and will not even get a second look. I mean you have Chubb apparently getting paid 6 figures just to stay an extra year at Georgia while we go on probation for Will Redmond getting a 2,000 dollar discount on a used car. The whole thing is messed up but it would absolutely be a more fair process if you just let it be open market for these guys. At least then everyone could say they had a fair shot, just got outbid. That's basically what's happening now behind the scenes, at least for the elite recruits, but nobody can really say that out loud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I think its time to just eliminate the rules against extra benefits. All it does is keep schools like us, who the NCAA will actually go after, scared to do anything while Bama and Georgia are paying elite recruits 6 figures to come play for them and will not even get a second look. I mean you have Chubb apparently getting paid 6 figures just to stay an extra year at Georgia while we go on probation for Will Redmond getting a 2,000 dollar discount on a used car. The whole thing is messed up but it would absolutely be a more fair process if you just let it be open market for these guys. At least then everyone could say they had a fair shot, just got outbid. That's basically what's happening now behind the scenes, at least for the elite recruits, but nobody can really say that out loud.
    Or the NCAA grow a pair and really enforce the cheating rules on the books evenly across the board. Give the death penalty to the cheaters. Image Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, and others hit with the death penalty. That is one way to get them off of our schedule.

Then I woke up, it will never happen due the the amount of money involved - too many people getting paid and I don't mean only the athletes.

What an unholy mess!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This will all linger on until it just disappears.
    This