vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Was Harding not in Baton Rouge?
    No, he was not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Don?t forget about Cade Smith ...
    I hope he gets innings Tuesday

Give him a few midweek games and innings and could factor into the weekend bullpen sooner than later.

3 runs on Sunday isn?t going to get it done.. As good as our pitching is top to bottom we better swing the bats better.
    He is throwing without pain. Help is on the way but I'm prejudice, LOL. I will say this, dude will compete, now how he performs when he does come back will be interesting. I do know there is no rush as the Coaches know his potential and it's his future. He was rated top newcomer pitcher before the injury, just say and we shall see. I don't need to say much as ED can be vicious on players, but I ain't scarednor do I think Cade will be. His asset is quick worker and strike throw especially breaking ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Now that we're rolling into SEC action, Lemonis needs to realize that, just like in basketball you can't play 11 McDonalds All-Americans (you've got to settle on a 8- or 9-man rotation).

He needs to define the rolls of the pitching staff starting with MacLeod, Bednar & Fristoe on Fri/Sat/Sun at SPer. Brandon Smith needs to be primary setup with Landon Sims the closer. Supplement the middle innings with Preston Johnson, Stennett, etc.

Had we not given up 2 ERs in the 1st inning by starting Cerantola, this game would've unfolded completely different imo.

But hey, we should still be #2 in most polls come tomorrow given Arky losing 3 straight this week.
    Arky did not loose 3 ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Arky did not loose 3 ?
    He meant they lost three in a row during the past week. Last Sunday, Tuesday and Friday. Then won Saturday and yesterday.

Banned
    vCash
    Here is the facts. We can beat most of our midweek opponents with KC Hunt pitching. I?d be all hands on deck all weekend every weekend and just pitch whoever is left midweek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    No, he was not
    that's crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'll go opposite. Fristoe is electric w decent command that will only get better. Will he have a hiccup? Sure. But so will Harding. And that's not a knock on Houston I like him.
    I think so too. But I will say lefty Harding followed by all the righties in our pen intrigues me. Kinda like Macleod and smith on Friday. The absence of lefty pen arms makes me want Harding as an option, and prob as a starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I feel like our hitting is about to come around... We are putting the ball in play, not a ton of strikeouts.
    Got to think Allen and Rowdey are about to heat up.
    Is there anywhere to find our team BABIP stat? Or whatever the acronym is for batting average on balls in play. I feel like ours is skewed lower than normal.

vCash
    I would try Skinner at lead off. He had some great at bats over the wknd. Hell anything on the ground he has a chance to beat out... I would try this...

Skinner
    Hancock
    Allen
    James
    Tanner
    Rowdey
    Hatcher
    Debrule
    Forsythe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I would try Skinner at lead off. He had some great at bats over the wknd. Hell anything on the ground he has a chance to beat out... I would try this...

Skinner
    Hancock
    Allen
    James
    Tanner
    Rowdey
    Hatcher
    Debrule
    Forsythe
    That's not bad.

vCash
    I really think what we'll see from here on out, or I guess what I would like to see would be:

Fri.- CMac-Smith-Stinnett if needed
    Sat.-Bednar-Johnson-Sims
    Sun.-Fristoe-Harding-Figure it out to get the win

Midweek- All hands on deck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Is there anywhere to find our team BABIP stat? Or whatever the acronym is for batting average on balls in play. I feel like ours is skewed lower than normal.
    http://thebaseballcube.com/college/s...le.asp?T=20147

This is where I usually get that, but they aren't keeping up this season, unfortunately. Maybe it will be updated soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post

Skinner
    Hancock
    Allen
    James
    Tanner
    Rowdey
    Hatcher
    Debrule
    Forsythe
    I would want a little more sample size before throwing Skinner into the leadoff spot. I don't know what is going on with Debrule. I realize it was in Jacksonville but he was one of the top hitters in college and had an average over .400 in the shortened season last year and I think has more hits than any other active player in college. I could understand if he dropped to around .300 with some better competition that he is seeing but he is all the way down to .243. Lost about 60 points off his average since moving to leadoff. And we have only played 3 games against the SEC. Usually guys that can hit tend to hit, so not sure what's going on with him. Rowdey is at .231 as a veteran player, that is a problem as well and doesn't lend to putting him back at leadoff unless he heats up. We just have too many guys that SHOULD be hitting that aren't hitting right now and its a big problem. Its almost like everyone is currently in a slump or at least we hope. If all of our hitters have just regressed then that is a major issue and I would start wondering what in the world JG has been doing with them. We don't have one everyday player hitting above .310 right now which is horrible given we don't hit many HRs and are just now getting into SEC play.